October 24, 2014 | 876 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by kamusienkaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was looking for something that would give healthy glow on my face but not in the way Rimmel Wake Me Up gives because its to much for me. This foundation is perfect althought my face starts to be shiny on my nose quite quickly but I don't mind that much. Coverage is very good and I think comperable to Revlon ColorStay which I also really love. Also I really like the color range. I have very warm skin tone and I found 52 perfect for me. I have acne prone skin but its normal with some dry patches. I wouldnt recommend this product for people with oily skin and for skins that dont tolerate silicones as there are few in it. Price is very resonable and the product is totally worth it (9.99 in Boots).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

Love using this!I grabbed shade 53, a little bit darker than my skin shade(I often use 52), but in summer I use fake tan, it is cool! Easy to blend, the finish is dewy~ which I love so much! I m combined to oily skin, hope it helps

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

Love this foundation! It's a lovely light to medium coverage foundation. Very easy to apply and blend, I use it throughout summer and it doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by vickydc829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would love to love this but it breaks me out everytime I use it so it's a No. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by kehaniprice

This product is well loved by so many and there are so many recommendations and great reviews so when I tried it I was expecting something...more. I don't dislike this foundation at all, I just don't think it's that good.
To be honest its nothing special. It has a satin finish and I find that it doesn't last long at all, it has the longevity of a BB cream and within a few hours your T zone is shiny.
I wouldn't repurchase, in my opinion Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation is a much better option it has a lovely finish and lasts longer plus it is half the price.

EDIT************ I changed my rating to 2 stars. I really dont like this foundation. It just doesn't last. I have tinted moisturisers with better finishes and longevity. Plus i think it broke me out and i hardly ever break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

-Good for combination/normal skin
-Covers pores and little blemishes, but not ideally
-semi matte finish
- color 52 is ideal for neutral skin tones with not very much yellor or pink tones in the skin. My cheeks are a little bit red so this foundations evens up everything.
-doesnt stay all day long
-need to apply loose foundation at every 3 hours because of the oiliness in the t-zone
-DOESNT clog pores

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

For reference, I'm really pale (NC 15), my skin is on the oily side and I don't need that much coverage - dark circles are my biggest concern. Shade 51 is a perfect match and this product doesn't make my skin any oilier (then again, air conditioning is always on at work, so). Anyway, I was looking for a lightweight foundation for everyday use and I'm pretty happy with this one. It provides light coverage (which was exactly what I was aiming for), meaning it doesn't cover those dark circles, which forces me to put some concealer on (Lancôme Effacernes), gives me a nice glow and doesn't break me out. What is there not to love?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by anastasianiaou18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

nice as a tinted moisturiser.
lovely fresh, youthful and dewy look, definatelly not for those with oily skin.
very lightweight, great for school or for a "no-makeup" makeup..
BUT it won't last 16hours as it claims..it needs to be set with powder but again can't hold for more than 2-3 hours..it will melt off of your face.
i love it just for the first 2 hours...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this foundation.

Hardly no coverage,but nice to use as a base I think .It does feel nice on your skin,but I don't think it's a hard working foundation ! My skin is dry and it still comes off after a few hours.

Between 1 and 2 hours.maybe better on super dry,sensitive skin that only needs something gentle and minimum coverage.

The colors are great but I won't rebuy

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by sarah0711

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have only been using this for 1 week BUT I think I have found my new HG foundation! I will update in a few months when I have been using it for an extended period.

I used to use Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry until it was reformulated and looked too dry and matte. I went on a search for a foundation with light to medium (buildable coverage) which leaves my skin with that coveted 'natural glow'. For reference my skin has been going a bit haywire the last 2 months - it is normal in the cheeks and dehydrated but oily in the T Zone (flaky skin with dehydration lines but produces oil throughout the day). I read so many great reviews on this foundation that I had to try it, even though I have never used Bourjois products before. I picked it up at Priceline for $32 (hence my low rating for price - I was too impatient to order online or wait for a sale but I know I can get it on Asos for almost half the price). I went for the lightest colour - 51 Light Vanilla. This shade does have yellow undertones and matches my body rather than my face because I use fake tan. I wanted it to match my body, but would be concerned that if I am not tanned this will be too dark for me and for anyone else who has very fair/ivory skin. As this is the lightest shade available I would probably say girls with very light/pale skin may not find a colour match.

I was so surprised by this as soon as I pumped it on my hand (by the way - after years of Revlon and their crappy packaging, it is so nice to buy a drug store foundation with an effective pump and sturdy packaging!). It has a very nice fruity/floral fragrance which I was concerned may irritate my sensitive skin, but so far so good - this hasn't caused any redness! It is very light weight going onto the skin and I felt an almost cooling effect as I applied it. I apply this after moisturising with my Olay Complete Sensitive SPF 30 lotion and applying Mac Prep and Prime Face Protect. It is super easy to blend (I use a Real Techniques expert face brush) and 1 pump was enough to do my whole face and neck plus a second light layer over my cheeks where I needed extra coverage, so I can see 1 bottle lasting me a while. This is definitely a light to medium coverage foundation, so anyone looking for full coverage will not find it in this product. That said, I find it easy to layer so I can go back over and apply extra where I need to and it still looks even and smooth. It didn't cling to my dry patches between my brows or on my nose either! Once I am finished applying it, it looks like my skin but better - I can still see some of my natural skin showing through, which I like, but the redness in my skin and uneven skin tone is gone. It has a gorgeous dewy finish without being sparkly. I find that the foundation on it's own is perhaps a little too dewy, so I have been setting it with my MAC MSFN in light and this does a good job in taking away the 'wet' look without mattifying too much. The result is luminous skin with a heathy "I just moisturized my skin" look.

The packaging says it wears for 16 hours - I have tried this with and without primer and found that with just powder to set it wore well throughout my workday in air conditioning but it definitely didn't look as flawless as when I first applied it. That said, it faded very evenly and never looked patchy or dry. Even though the coverage wasn't as nice it still looked natural and radiant. With primer underneath and powder to set it looked almost perfect at the end of an 11 hour day! A bit disappointing that it doesn't live up to its 16 hour claims on it's own, but I usually apply primer anyway so it is no great loss - it's not like I have to add another step!

All in all I am SO happy with this product and can see this becoming my HG everyday foundation. It is so easy to apply, looks so natural and luminous and wears so well. It does transfer though, which was a bit of a change for me after using Colorstay for so long, so be wary! My only gripe is that to buy this in Australia it is so expensive for a drugstore foundation, but now I have found my colour match I will be buying it online when I run out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No