January 28, 2015 | 1162 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Chocoholic2486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

In my view, this foundation is proof that you don't have to spend a lot of money on a product that works very well. The coverage of this foundation is good, its smooth consistency makes the foundation easy to apply and blend and it's long lasting. It's also buildable and looks rather (not completely) natural. The pump dispenses an adequate amount of product. The foundation has a nice smell - it doesn't smell like chemicals. It's got somewhat of a fruity/flowery scent. What I absolutely love about this foundation is that it doesn't clog up my pores. I've got really sensitive skin that has reacted to several high-end foundations. I just wish that there were darker colours in the range so that others can also try this foundation out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by AgelessCookie

Until recently, I've only been using mineral foundation because my skin is very sensitive and I hated that heavy, clogging feeling of liquid foundation. Then, by some miracle, I discovered this particular Bourjois foundation. I decided to buy it after extensive research and reviews and, lo and behold, I fell in love with it. I wear the shade #53 in Light Beige. For reference, my shade for Nars Sheer Glow would be Punjab. I've applied it using my hands and a stippling brush, preferring the latter only because I don't like getting my fingers dirty. Both methods work well because the foundation is so easy to apply and blend, melts right into the skin.

I use less than a full pump and it gives the loveliest glow (almost dewy) and feels like I'm not really wearing anything on my face, but it still gives a good amount of coverage - light to medium depending on how much you use. However, it's not very kind to flakey skin. It will excentuate dry patches, but if you moisturize well, it shouldn't be a problem. It lasts me all day right up until I workout in the evening. It still holds well, but, honestly, I don't expect any foundation to last through a super sweaty workout.

As I mentioned earlier, my face is quite sensitive and it did get a little itchy the first few days of wearing the foundtation, but my face got used to it and is now very happy with it. My face feels soft and smooth after I take it off at night. I expect it's got something to do with all those fruit extracts in it. I've been eyeing the serum gel version lately after reading reviews that it feels even lighter than this one. I shall be getting my hands on that one very soon!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by mzcitizen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wanted to love this foundation as it glides on easily was a great colour match and was somewhat sold by the "healthy" in the title. Unfortunately within an hour or two of wearing this my face is just one big shine. I like dewy, I like fresh but this really is just horribly overly shiny. I think shine can look pretty harsh and ageing. So this is one I will not repurchase. My skin is not oily it's combination and I also used a light non oily moisturiser as base which made no difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation! Long lasting, nice medium coverage (in my opinion).
It has a nice fresh smell

The lack of colour range is the only downfall for this product - i can just fit into the palest shade however it is a tiny bit too warm and tiny tiny bit darker than my skin - but still looks great with the right application and powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by derilax

I knew this foundation from my mom for about 4 years ago, and i started using it 2 years ago and i'm still in love with this foundation. It'll gives you a nice satin finish to the skin and i don't have any problem with breakouts or anything! The only problem was my face is getting oily after 3 hours and i have to blot my face with powder! Oh, and it matches perfectly with the healthy balance matte compact powder if you have oily or combination skin :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by evilshrub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big Bourjois fan, and so I had to get this foundation. It's especially good for flash photography as it contains no flashback-producing ingredients. I just wore it as a bridesmaid to a wedding on the weekend, combined with the Healthy Mix concealer, and I didn't wear any powder over - I look awesome in the photos! It evened out my skin enough to look natural, and I used the concealer under the eyes and on blemishes. It's medium coverage, and a little goes a long way.

I would wear this foundation again, but only if I know I'm going to be photographed. Otherwise, I will continue using Revlon Colorstay foundation. There are three reasons:

1. Colorstay has better longevity.
2. Healthy Mix doesn't contain SPF, so it doesn't protect my skin from the sun as much as Colorstay does.
3. Healthy Mix foundation contains alcohol! Alcohol is known to damage skin cells, and alcohol isn't that far down in the ingredient list on this foundation. Colorstay contains no alcohol, so I'd much rather wear something that I can feel safe wearing day-to-day. Because of this, if you would like to wear Healthy Mix foundation for photo shoots, I would recommend putting a primer on first so that there's as much of a barrier between your skin and the product as possible.

I would buy this product again if I needed to, but considering I will only wear it on special occasions, it's going to last a very long time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Dej

Blugh I have tried to use this twice since there are lots of good ratings on it but it makes me look dead. Weird pastey texture and doesn't spread that well on my skin. I tried to like it as it is supposed to be good for your skin but I had to wash it off right away. I am a picky peter with my foundations though I must add. I usually love Bourjois products but will not try another one of their foundations.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A review from a sensitive, oily & flaky skin girl.
Color match: 51 (NC15-20) match made in heaven.
Result: watery, light, fresh, dewy, may highlight flakes. LOVE the first 1-2 hours.
Longevity with powder on top: disintegrates within 4-5 hours, leaving my skin patchy & streaky all over. Touch-ups will only exacerbate the patchiness.
Sensitive skin: it's always YMMV, but no problem for me whatsoever.
In a nutshell: if you are my skin twin, think twice before getting this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just picked this up yesterday from Priceline because of the good reviews. I've only used it once but so far I'm loving it!

PROS:
-really good lasting power and I didn't go oily
-has a sheer natural coverage but also covers up what needs to be covered!
- doesn't look cakey at all (which is my biggerst problem I find in foundations)
-feels nice on my skin and not heavy.
-looks like skin!!!!

CONS:
-if you like a matte base I would skip it
-quite expensive for a drugstore foundation, $38aus I'm pretty sure it was

It has a nice fruity smell which I thought would annoy my skin but it hasn't reacted to it! Think this is a really great foundation even though I've only used it once but so far I'm loving it

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this foundation after the rave reviews on here. It sounded like everything I would love in a foundation, long lasting but radiance boosting and shades with a slight yellow undertone. However, I wasn't impressed.

I tried the product applying at 8 am and removing it at 8 pm. Therefore I couldn't test it's claims that it lasts 16 hours, but I would say it looked good for about 8 hours, after which I needed to reapply and powder. However, I would say this is pretty good as I don't expect any foundation to stay put all day apart from Estee Lauder Double Wear, which is too heavy for my liking. My skin is quite sensitive and didn't react to any of the ingredients, however there is a slight fragrance so people with very sensitive skin may want to avoid this one.

The foundation is thicker than the very liquid type foundations I prefer. I would say it's a mix between a cream and a liquid. I found it a bit more difficult to blend than my favorite foundation of the moment, Rimmel Match Perfection, but this is probably due to the difference in texture. I've played about with different methods of application and my favorites are using fingers or using a damp sponge. It felt heavier than other foundations on my skin but after 5 minutes or so I didn't notice the feel of it on my skin anymore. It also dried much quicker than other foundations and I could probably wear this without powder to give it a more glory look. Although I'm sure it wouldn't last as long if I did. The pigmentation in this is great, it offers great coverage without feeling too heavy or cakey. However I don't like how this makes my skin look, it doesn't add any radiance and if anything my skin looked quite flat, which is not a look I like, which is why I never use this anymore.