November 28, 2014 | 1854 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finished both this one and the serum one, and I prefer the serum version a lot more on my drier skin type. I'll just copy my review of the serum one below, which compares the regular & serum.

=====REGULAR HEALTHY MIX REVIEW=====
So I just finished using the regular Healthy Mix, and I have to say for my particular skin type (dry to combo), I prefer the Serum version a lot more. The regular is a just a tiny bit more matte and sat on my skin a bit, but not in a horrible way. It doesn't look cakey unless on a bad day when my skin is crazy dry and flaky, but generally looked pretty good. I just like the satin, glowy look that the serum gives me. I would say if your skin is on the drier side, definitely go for the serum one. If your skin is oily to combo, go for the regular as the serum one can make your skin dewy over time (unless you like that look). As for the coverage, I felt that they weren't too different. The regular covers just a LITTLE bit more, but is not as layerable as the serum one.
-----
=====SERUM GEL HEALTHY MIX REVIEW=====
I really liked this foundation. I used the whole bottle, and I just ordered the regular healthy mix because asos.com is out of stock on this serum one. I am looking forward to using the regular healthy mix as well, and will update this review comparing the two.

This serum one is like a liquidy gel, and goes on and blends into the skin very very easily and nicely. I don't use brushes or sponges to apply makeup and I found that this one blends nicely with fingers too. What I do with foundations generally is rub my fingers together to heat them, pump some foundation onto my fingertips, rub them again so they spread and heat/melt, and rub rub rub into the face in circular motions starting out from the center of my face.

I found the yellowyness(?) helps very well with concealing the redness around my nose without needing extra concealer on top. Coverage is light, but buildable. I love the super natural satin finish that is neither matte or dewy, but I would say it leans towards dewy, especially during summertime. My skin is not oily at all, but this foundation makes me look a little bit shiny around the t-zone after a few hours. But it's more like very well-moisturized skin look, which I like, so I do not powder. The lasting power is not so great; it probably lasted about 4~5 hours on my skin during the summer. But if you were to reapply on top, it never looks cakey which is a huge plus.

Overall, I think it's a great foundation given the price point. ASOS sometimes has 30% off certain beauty products and carry Bourjois products, and it's free ship + return, so those of you living in the US should definitely check it out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I finally got down to buying this after seeing all these reviews for weeks!
I bought the shade in 54: Beige. I'm roughly a NC30 shade.

Pros:
+ Nice fruity scent due to the formulation of the foundation! It was refreshing and it didn't smell like foundation. It was one of the few reasons why I was so tempted to buy it.

+ Blends in my face really nice and smooth.
+ Buildable kind of coverage. You can easily put on 2 layers and yet, not feel cakey at all.

+ Gives a dewy, natural radiant glow, reflects healthy looking and younger skin. (I'm not kidding, I really felt that way when I first applied it. Which woman doesn't want to look younger?!)

+ Comes with a pump. Need I say more? You're able to control the amount of foundation you want to apply it on your face! Packaging wise: it's good enough based on the price I paid.

Cons:
- Expensive. It retails for SGD $34.90 in my country. For 1 fl oz, I didn't think it would be worth it initially, especially when I have oily skin and hence not all foundations will work for me.

- Limited variety of shades. The shade I bought was the third to darkest. I feel like there might not be enough colours to fit darker skin tones, so.....it's not exactly very colour friendly to me.

- Foundation is transferrable --> after 3 hours, I started sweating so I dabbed tissue on my face to remove the oil and foundation came off! No I didn't look horrible or that my red spots can be spotted, but each time I dabbed my face with tissue, traces of foundation could be seen on the tissue. I didn't put a setting powder, so I'm not sure if it would help solve the problem if I did that before leaving the house.

Overall, I feel that this foundation works best if:
- You have dry skin. This foundation lives up to its claims and does give a very dewy look and keeps your skin hydrated.

- You don't want your foundation to look too cakey or overdramatic. This is good enough to work as tinted moisturizer (apply 1 layer before putting another type of foundation that controls oil --> eg Revlon colourstay). Or just want to go out running some errands and you don't want to look too horrible. This foundation is the one in my opinion.

- I would still consider repurchasing this despite the price being sold in my country. This is just too good!!!

- I would rate it an 8.5/10 because I have oily skin so it doesn't work entirely well on me. If I had dry skin, I most definitely already be giving 10/10!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Tiffyxoxo

I tried this at the store and my sensitive area (my red, peeling area) started burning! I really wanted to get this considering the great reviews on mua. The coverage was decent. The flakiness of certain areas was helped a bit. It's a pity as I wanted to get this since it was very close to my natural color. The fruity smell didnt bother me. I love the fact that it comes with a pump. It's bit pricy in singapore too... 36.50SGD for a drugstore foundation? No way. I'm sorry I cannot help with the lasting power :-( I hope it still helped! Definitely try it on your skin befofe purchasing if it's pricy in your area!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really want to love this foundation but I don't. I have oily skin and this foundation makes me look super oily after few hours of wearing. The foundation itself smells good and it's a light to medium coverage and I really like wearing it on daily basis but since it makes me look so oily I'm not sure if I want to buy it again. I'm in the shade nc15 and number 51 in this foundation was a good match. I usually wear mac foundation but I wanted a good drugstore foundation to use daily since my mac foundation is more like a medium to full coverage so I wanted something that feels light on my skin and looks natural. I guess this foundation is more suited for people with normal or dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by hurricanenika

I cannot rave enough about Healthy Mix! I'm very pale (about NC10-15 right now), slightly oily, and highly redness-prone: everything turns my cheeks and chin bright red. So I want something that can counteract my blushing, match my neck, and still look natural.

I tried Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua for a while, but the lightest colour was still orange on me, and the high alcohol content ended up drying out my cheeks horribly, so I returned it and went back to my usual MAC MSFN. It works, but it's still too dark on my winter complexion, and can make my skin feel really tight and flaky if it's extremely cold or dry out. Then, while binge-watching Lisa Eldrige videos, I heard her rave about this for paler complexions. I read some reviews, looked at swatches, and finally purchased Vanille Clair 51 from ASOS.com (which is the only reliable way for me to get this foundation in the US, I couldn't even find it on Amazon). I believe it cost me about $16 - $18.

It was love at first application. It is a perfect match, the exact pale yellowy shade I've been looking for since I started wearing makeup (everything pale is always too pink!!!). It is literally undetectable on my skin when I apply with my fingers. It honestly looks like I'm not wearing makeup, and that my skin is a glowing porcelain. It IS a little dewier than I'm used to, but I can just add ELF HD powder on top and it's fine all day. No transfering, no fading, no oxidizing. The smell and finish are highly reminiscent of Chanel's VA, but since it doesn't have the alcohol content, my cheeks are happy and balanced. I love the packaging as well: glass with a red plastic pump, and a push-up mechanism inside so that all the content will be used!

Lastly, I have yet to break out with this, and the bottle looks like I haven't even used it because it's so full, even though I've been wearing it (about 2 full pumps worth) daily since I got it about a month ago. I don't think I'll stray from this, and when summer rolls around, I'll be getting the darker Vanille shade as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by belle_azure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this ... but I was left disappointed. I have dry skin and this foundation clung on to dry patches. It also did not cover hyper pigmentation and broke me out. The consistency is very thin and does not absorb into the skin, but rather lies on top. I really have to work this into my skin or else I'm left with streaks. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by modelnatasharose

I ADORE THIS FOUNDATION . its great for everyday wear although it doesnt have spf . but im glad it doesnt because foundations with spf usually break me out. im very acne prone with combination to dry skin. it doesnt accentuate my dry patches. one thing i dont like is the packaging . its glass ( not travel friendly) and the pump is sooo messy but the product is flawless. i get a full medium coverage . but on me it doesnt get to full. just medium.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by massie80

Great foundation, lovely texture and great smell. It has a good staying power and a medium-high coverage. It doesn't make my skin break out or causes little bumps. It gives your face a nice glow without looking oily or very dewy. Also my skin feels very soft and smooth.

Luv it and it's my new HG!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to see how it compares to the original Healthy Mix, and I haven't actually noticed any difference other than the new name and packaging of Radiance Reveal.

Coverage:
Easily built up from sheer to a good medium, if you push it more it will look somewhat cakey, but not powdery, as this is a dewy foundation. I have very reddish acne marks which stand out a lot on my pale skin, and I find that I can still get good coverage with this even without concealer. I apply a layer over my whole face to even out my skin tone, and then spot-treat the marks that are still showing with dabs of this foundation, so it can double up as concealer.

Finish:
I have dry skin pretty much everywhere except my forehead, which gets oily throughout the day, and I get a dewy or satin-matte finish with this depending on how I apply it. If you apply this with a damp sponge, you'll get a very dewy finish. Some days I leave it like that, some days I powder a little bit. If I apply this with a dry sponge or my fingers, it's an almost matte finish on my dry skin, which I don't like as much, but will do it if I don't have time to blend with a sponge. I find this foundation difficult to apply with my fingers as it is very fluid and seems like it needs to be pushed into the skin a bit.

Lasting power:
Definitely not the 16 hours it claims, but it will look good for about 8 hours, after which (on me at least) it fades. It does transfer unfortunately. Powdering or touching it up doesn't seem to increase the staying power for me, but it does tone down the dewy-ness. I couldn't ask for more from an everyday dewy drugstore foundation, I like this.

Colour:
The shades are on the yellow side, which I like because I have yellow undertones, but very pink undertoned people out there may not like this. My skin is also very light, and I find that drugstore foundations almost never have colours that work with my skin. Maybelline's colour ranges don't go light enough and are too pink, same with Rimmel, Revlon, Collection 2000, Manhattan and pretty much all the drugstore ranges. But Bourjois definitely get props for having light enough shades that work with very light skin. I use shade 51 (light vanilla), and maybe 52 in the summer, but 51 still works. I'm also 51 in their 1,2,3 Perfect foundation and 71 (the lightest) in their 10-Hour Sleep Effect foundation. Those shades all look the same, which is a plus. If you layer this a lot, it does get quite yellow and it may need to be brought down the neck, but it isn't drastic.

Price:
This sells between 10 and 11 pounds (UK), but you can find it cheaper on eBay. Go and shade-match yourself in the drugstore, and order the shade you are on eBay. You can find Radiance Reveal for 7-9 pounds there, and the original Healthy Mix can still be found, for between 6-9 pounds as well. I've ordered both this way, and have not once had any problems.

Packaging:
I preferred the plastic container of the original Healthy Mix, but unfortunately they've switched it to glass with the new Radiance Reveal. It's much heavier now, and god forbid you drop it. It's still a pump, but I don't think it has the mechanism on the bottom that pushes all the contents up that original Healthy Mix has, and that was very handy.

Smell:
A very pleasant fruity smell, pretty much the same as the original one. It doesn't irritate me, never has. Never had breakouts with this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jessowen23

I purchased this product around 4 months ago and it has been my savior. I have tried other products such as the Rimmel Stay Matte so I decided to bite the bullet and go for a non-matte foundation regardless of the fact my skin is normally quite oily. I was probably the best decision I have made. It has a lovely light feel to it and goes on really easily especially with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush followed by a touch of setting powder. It brightens your skin dramatically and doesn't feel at all cakey or heavy on the skin. The smell was fab, fruity yet not over powering. The coverage was good and coverage any redness I had.

The only negative thing I do have to say is that it comes out on clothing quite a bit, especially collared shirts. Also I found it broke through the powder after a couple of hours but that could be easily fixed. I guess everyone will find this different so just go try it for yourself!