April 17, 2014 | 1834 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Silver Sky (purple & silver-grey) ... I left my review there ... and I like it enough to try another color (black/white) when it goes on sale.

I like the convenience of this product + the ease of application + sheerness of formula = easy to wear. The math is good.

Creasing? Yeah, but every eyeshadow, from cream to powder to gel, creases on me. The sheerness of this product actually makes creasing less obvious than when I wear powder shadow & this product gives me a great alternatively delicate smoky eye suitable for daytime wear.

UPDT 3/8/11 -
Also bought Onyx Smoke (black/white) & I love this for a traditional smoky eye that's not too intense - applies more like a gunmetal charcoal than black. And the white frosty highlighter can serve multiple purposes - subtley highlight cheeks & under eyes as well as brow bone. However the black is the worst color for crease city. This product is better used as a smoky eyeliner, leaving the lids uncovered to avoid the creasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh!! Bought this in the purplely color and had some high hopes. It's been awhile since I've used cream shadows, and the stick seemed easy enough. However, in addition to the two making a muddy mess when attempting to blend them, they creased like a mofo! Not even UDPP stood a chance against this hot mess. Save yourself the money, pass on this!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by beth54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a terrible disappointment! I so wanted these cool double ended crayons to work! They looked lovely in the store. One end a creamy light color and the opposite end a darker color for the crease and smoky effect. I stupidly bought three of them: lt. pink/dark mauve, lt. green/metallic bronze and silver/black. These colors refuse to transfer onto my lids if i have anything miosturizing around them, including primer. Testing on my wrists, as they will not stay on my eyes and they aggravate the heck out of me, came out like this: Silver-barely anything visible, black-smudgy crayon that disapears if you run your finger over it once or twice! Need I go on? If you are thinking about getting sucked in to the advertising and the attractive packaging-don't do it. Keep your money in your pocket and walk on by! This product is a LOSER!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by JanisM2011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lookg good on but smudges too much and doesnt stay put

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Cover Girl ShadowBlast in Purple Plume after seeing it on Drew Barrymore in a Cover Girl ad in a magazine.
This was by far the WORST product I have ever purchased.
Application was a nightmare. It was greasy and smeared during application. Several "coats" were necessary for any color pay-off. Numerous attempts, including with primer and without, resulted in nothing short of a complete and total mess.
I called Cover Girl and complained, and Cover Girl sent me a refund check for the price of purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by evilmonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this. The color combinations are great- they produce a subtle shimmery smoky look . The downside is that they last 3 nanoseconds, no matter what you do. Since I loved the color combinations and the portability , I tried relentlessly to make the shadows work.
I used three different primers (on three separate occasions), and it creased within 5 minutes. I also tried using make up fixing spray, setting powder, putting neutral colored powdered shadow as a base, and the longest I could get the shadow to last was an hour. I don't normally have problems with creasing and my eyelids tend to be pretty dry.
I really love the idea of this product, but I will not be repurchasing until they change the formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Pita4Oscar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was a really good concept i think, but for me in actuality it failed. I bought it on buy-one-get one. The two colors i got were Silver Sky and Purple Plume. Overall they Went on nice and easy but then they smear really easily also. The colors smear from one color side to the other color's side. In the Purple Plume one the brown color thats supposed to be step two barely shows up over the pink from step one. The Silver Sky's step two, which is a blacky color, shows up better but still not very well.
I don't know if I'd buy these again however i have been using them one-sided. I just use one side at a time as a cream eyeshadow.
I have noticed though that if I don't put a powder eyeshadow over the color from the Shadow Blast my eye lids start to feel really, really wet.

See my You-Tube review here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pita4Oscar?feature=mhum#p/u/3/yPDOQzpzU9w

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Again like others I really wanted to like this product. I tried it multiple times. I have super dry skin and my eyelids get the dryest so I hoped the oily formula would help. Nope. I tried applying with an applicator and brushes and, nope. It creased within about an hour. It felt greasy. It didn't stay put. It is a good idea gone terribly wrong. I hope they fix it and reformulate it. If they do I'd be willing to chance it but...otherwise it's pretty bad. Everytime one box comes in at work ( I stock cosmetics at a big chain store) which is rare they get stocked I think some other poor sucker got screwed like me. Definitely DO NOT recommend. Usually I am happy with their products but this time...not so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know I keep hoping that Cover Girl products will eventually improve,but it doesn't seem to be happening.

This shadow creases and doesn't stay very long.I would rather use crappy wet n' wild eye shadow

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by joslook

I have seen the commercials so many times and was really excited to try this product. It seemed like such a great idea. Well, I received a free sample in Tempest Blue and...What a horrible product! First of all, who wears that much blue eyeshadow!? It should definitely have been mixed with a neutral color for a less 1970's look. My husband said I looked scary with all that blue on. But even another color would not make this product any better because it is very difficult to use. I had to press way harder than I cared to on my eyeball just to get enough color on my eyelid and it still didn't get the color on evenly and looked faded (even though I used a primer as well). I am really disappointed in this product. The idea is great but this product is horribly designed.