Cover Girl Smoky ShadowBlast

1.5

on 2/27/2011 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is like putting lipstick on your lids. The formula is way greasy! and it wears off quickly. Also, both of my sticks broke after only a couple of uses. This is the crappiest package. Don't waste your $$! If you want a good cream shadow. Invest in some MAC paint pots. Those don't crease and blend very nicely on lids.

on 2/27/2011 6:34:00 PM

What a waste of money! Absolute junk. I would have had more luck with a crayola crayon. It was waxy and I couldn't get the color on my eye lid and it immediately broke apart.

on 2/23/2011 8:15:00 PM

Yuck. Waste of money. I really wanted to like this because the idea behind it is great - I'm a sucker for all of those easy-to-use eyeshadows. But I just couldn't like this. I used MAC prep+prime primer before putting this on, and it still creased like crazy. Didn't do anything for me.

on 2/23/2011 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought two of these, one in the black and white, and one in brown, and the colors look good... For the 5 seconds they stay perfectly. It creases and smudges and feels like a lot on your eyes all day. Made me so mad!

on 2/5/2011 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased the Smokey ShadowBlast in the silver/black colour.
It glides on easily, and the colours are fantastic together, but I found it to smudge easily, and crease a lot.

on 1/27/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Bought this in Silver Sky (purple & silver-grey) ... I left my review there ... and I like it enough to try another color (black/white) when it goes on sale.

I like the convenience of this product + the ease of application + sheerness of formula = easy to wear. The math is good.

Creasing? Yeah, but every eyeshadow, from cream to powder to gel, creases on me. The sheerness of this product actually makes creasing less obvious than when I wear powder shadow & this product gives me a great alternatively delicate smoky eye suitable for daytime wear.

UPDT 3/8/11 -
Also bought Onyx Smoke (black/white) & I love this for a traditional smoky eye that's not too intense - applies more like a gunmetal charcoal than black. And the white frosty highlighter can serve multiple purposes - subtley highlight cheeks & under eyes as well as brow bone. However the black is the worst color for crease city. This product is better used as a smoky eyeliner, leaving the lids uncovered to avoid the creasing.

on 1/25/2011 3:10:00 PM

Ugh!! Bought this in the purplely color and had some high hopes. It's been awhile since I've used cream shadows, and the stick seemed easy enough. However, in addition to the two making a muddy mess when attempting to blend them, they creased like a mofo! Not even UDPP stood a chance against this hot mess. Save yourself the money, pass on this!

on 1/22/2011 11:39:00 AM

What a terrible disappointment! I so wanted these cool double ended crayons to work! They looked lovely in the store. One end a creamy light color and the opposite end a darker color for the crease and smoky effect. I stupidly bought three of them: lt. pink/dark mauve, lt. green/metallic bronze and silver/black. These colors refuse to transfer onto my lids if i have anything miosturizing around them, including primer. Testing on my wrists, as they will not stay on my eyes and they aggravate the heck out of me, came out like this: Silver-barely anything visible, black-smudgy crayon that disapears if you run your finger over it once or twice! Need I go on? If you are thinking about getting sucked in to the advertising and the attractive packaging-don't do it. Keep your money in your pocket and walk on by! This product is a LOSER!

on 1/21/2011 11:12:00 AM

lookg good on but smudges too much and doesnt stay put

on 1/15/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Cover Girl ShadowBlast in Purple Plume after seeing it on Drew Barrymore in a Cover Girl ad in a magazine.
This was by far the WORST product I have ever purchased.
Application was a nightmare. It was greasy and smeared during application. Several "coats" were necessary for any color pay-off. Numerous attempts, including with primer and without, resulted in nothing short of a complete and total mess.
I called Cover Girl and complained, and Cover Girl sent me a refund check for the price of purchase.