September 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by kristyc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finally got my first ELF haul and I must say that this was a lovely, unexpected surprise. I mean, I knew I had purchased it - but I didn't expect to be so happy with it!

The ELF brush is brilliant in this - no comb needed because it doesn't clump! I previously used Body Shop's mascara and I would have to follow Goss's trick of applying mascara to a eyelash comb and then apply it to my eyelashes to avoid the clumps. Its also nicely lengthens whilst keeping to that natural look - I'm not a falsies-kinda girl so the lack of any additional volume is fine by me.

The packaging is basic, black and discrete so I wouldn't think twice of carrying it around (what can I say? I'm not one for oversized tubes in neon colors). The price, of course, is the topper - living in South East Asia means that I end up paying triple for ELF - but its still half the price of my Body Shop mascara! I've only just started using this and already I'm on the lookout to buy extra for squirreling away.

Pros

- No clumping
- Nice brush / Discrete packaging
- Nice lengthening effect
- Affordable

Cons

- Errmm.. can't think of any!
- Okay, maybe its lack of availability in SE Asia
- Lack of volume (but seriously, this is a plus for me!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara! First I will say I love a natural look that enhances my eyelashes without making them look like spider legs, clumpy, or dry. So many mascaras I've tried either are awful right away, or they are nice for the first two applications then they start clumping or worse. I've used expensive department store ones, natural ones, drug store (Maybelline, etc). and they have been either OK or not so OK... but none that really impress me enough to stop me from shopping around.

There was one mascara I tried that was good but it was expensive. Because mascara is one of those cosmetics that should be thrown away after 4-6 months, I just can't see spending a lot of money on it especially since it won't even be empty when I throw it away. I really hate that.

So anyway, I saw this mascara when I was buying a couple e.l.f. items. I am amazed at this thing. It is just beautiful; and each time I use it there are still no clumps. And the price makes me very comfortable when it is time to discard it and repurchase.

And another thing... this mascara does NOT make my eyes water or get red like some do. It just gives me clean looking, smooth, defined lashes that are just perfect.

Hey e.l.f., please do not discontinue this ever.

It has become my favorite, hands down. Amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MACaholic117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I REALLY REALLY LOVE THIS MASCARA!! It is actually one of the first mascara that i bought! I love the wand the most! really inexpensive! simple packaging... WILL REPURCHASE! Please Check me out in YOUTUBE! MACaholic117, i do tutorials and other beauty related videos... (This is my first review here)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

A natural mascara, nothing glam
Price: $3.24 USD
Pkg: rubber (silicon) bristles
Colour: black
Length: good
Volume: not much
It doesn't hold a curl and really boringly natural at best. I tried layering wet and dry and neither seems to work on this. You really can't expect much from $3 huh?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This applied very well. It didn't clump at all. The brush separated my lashes very well, although I find these plastic/rubber brushes kind of uncomfortable to use. It gave me more of a natural look versus a dramatic look. But the problem with it is that one hour after applying it, I looked in the mirror and was horrified. I looked like I had two black eyes. It had smudged so badly under my eyes, giving me the most horrific raccoon eyes. Into the garbage can it went.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG....I was so impressed with this mascara! And the price?! Whoa....this has got to be one of the best mascaras, hands down, that I have ever used at any price point. First, absolutely NO clumps! I have very sensitive eyes and this didn't bother me at all. It didn't flake or fade off mid-day either. The best part is that it gives me great length and volume but I can't even feel the weight of it on my lashes. Plus, they were soft to the touch too. I liked the minimalist, basic black packaging and the brush is just perfect. This is definitely now my "go to" mascara. I will definitely purchase it again and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Lyra12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING mascara!!! Doesn't clump, separates lashes effectively, and does a great job at lengthening. I've used so many mascaras, from the expensive to the inexpensive and nothing compares to E.L.F.'s Mineral Infused Mascara. It makes my lashes look almost false in that it gives them am almost perfect look. HG mascara for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just got this in the post today, I have to say I love it! Definitely my fave everyday mascara. It gives decent length and volume. It also gives a natural look and doesn't go clumpy. Perfect! Will be buying over and over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

Fantastic every day mascara--gives me defined, darker, separated lashes with length. Not a ton of volume as others have noted, but you can certainly add layers. This is the first mascara I've used that I don't have to blot on a paper towel before applying--I apply it straight out of the tube and it gives no clumps whatsoever (or very few anyway-- a quick run through with a lash comb takes care of this if necessary). Cannot believe the quality for the price. Also, I love the packaging, sleek and simple and I've had no issues with the brush bending. Highly recommend and will definitely repurchase. This is my new go to natural look mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love this. It gives a decent amount of volume and lengthens nicely. My initial reaction was pure hatred for this mascara, but once I let it dry for a while and came back to it, it gave me a beautiful look. The packaging is sturdy. Sturdier than you would expect from an e.l.f. product. I lost mine, but I am going to buy another as soon as I can. I love this mascara! It lengthens beautifully, but doesn't give much volume. But, this may be the blackest mascara I've ever tried. I have no problems with smudging, flaking, or any nasty stuff with this. I feel like you cannot go wrong with this. The only reason I gave it a 4 was because I am getting into more dramatic mascara. Also, do not screw on the lid too tight because it will break! I learned that the hard way... But other than that, it's great!