August 23, 2014 | 1799 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to apply Ladyblush and it does a phenomenal job!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by m4k3meup

It looks like I'm in the minority here but, I absolutely hated this brush. I bought it for use with the Mineralize SPF Foundation (the creme one), like the MUA at MAC suggested and as soon as I took it home to apply, it shed. For a brush that's about $40, that's unacceptable. I used it for about 3 weeks, to see if it was just because it was new, but it still kept shedding, leaving little bristles on my skin. I also find it didn't really help buff and blend the foundation at all but made streaks/swirls. I don't know if that's because I don't have the skill for it, but I've never had a problem with other "cheap" brushes. I ended up using the sponge that came with the foundation, and found that worked way better. This brush seems overpriced to me, especially for the bad quality of the bristles.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Makeupismagical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed a smaller version of the 187 brush and got this. I tried it and the brush smells a bit and I had to clean it twice and do a deep cleaning to get rid of the smell, BUT that's not the POINT! This brush is very versatile! It's great for cream & foundation application.It's pretty small but it works magic! It gives a really nice flawless & almost airbrush finish. I say almost airbrush b/c based on my personal preference, an airbrush finish is a lot thinner and it provides good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is great for applying any liquid or cream makeup of any sort - the size is portable and very useful for getting into the smaller places of the face i.e. around eyes and beside the nose. The amount of coverage and the finish are very controllable with this.
i will tell those who are looking for a good stippling makeup brush that either can't afford or just simply don't want to shell out this kind of money for a brush, or maybe just need a back up sometimes, i found the avon mark blush & bronzer flat top brush to be just excellent too, except it does tend to shed. It's a bit larger than the MAC #130, but it's about 1/4th the price of this brush if you get it on sale.
Otherwise, though , the MAC #130 is like the luxury/quality version.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by purpleicefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at my CCO for $30.50, and I now wish I'd gotten another as backup. This is simply amazing for foundation. I've used it with both my Revlon Colorstay and MAC Studio Sculpt foundations, and it blends both flawlessly. I love that this brush doesn't pick up a whole bunch of product, which in turn prevents cakiness. I imagine this would work well for highlighters as well. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by jamie__marie

ONE OF THE BEST MAKEUP BRUSHES YOU CAN OWN. you can apply your liquid/cream/powder foundation, bronzer, powder/cream blushes, hightlight, and contour with this one brush alone. the firm bristles allow you to have a light coverage, or a full one in a heartbeat. circular motions work best to buff your products in, and is never streaky. one of the best investments in your brush care. i promise.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush. All the reviews posted below are correct, so I'm not going to repeat everything they said, but I did want to add my voice to the mix. It gets the area around my eyes & nose perfectly, buffs on my foundation, and just feels incredible. YES to the 130!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by SassyCassie06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I haven't had to use foundation in a couple years, but I have currently been blessed with the onset of slight adult acne and have some redness and blemishes I wanted to start concealing since adult acne is embarrasing. I had never bought a foundation brush from MAC before, or a foundation from them, and the lady at the MAC store put the Select SPF 15 NW30 Liquid Foundation on my face with the 130 brush and I fell in love with the airbrushed perfect look! It was expensive($40) but it was worth every penny! It is so easy to apply and buff into every area of my face, and it is perfect for my liquid foundation and even my finishing powder. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I have had a couple bristles come out which suck to pick off when I have applied my make up already, but it only has done it a couple times so no big deal. Definately would recommend this perfect brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

The very first MAC brush I ever bought, and I'm in love! I don't really wear foundation that much...only on my t-zone if I'm having a bad day, but when I do, I use this brush, and I also use it for applying cream blush. It blends super well and does give an airbrushed look. And it doesn't shed! I definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only wear foundation for special occasions or when I'm sleep-deprived and need extra help pulling off a fresh-faced look in the morning. I bought this foundation brush along with Studio Fix Fluid because I wanted to be able to replicate the look the SA created on me. I love the brush--I really can't imagine ever applying foundation without it. It is somewhat pricey, but you get what you pay for.