April 17, 2014 | 1809 users online

Palettes - Sleek - Storm Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by mickeyrdam

These eye-shadows are very pigmented, finely milled, blend-able...and totally worth the money.

However, there are only three matte shades, and I think they are not as pigmented as the shimmery ones, especially the beige one (third top from the left).

The second top color from the left is the most amazing highlighter for your cheeks or your brow-bone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

Best dupe budget eyeshadow palette hands down! I spent years spending my cash on MAC eyeshadows but my friend recommended this and I haven't bought a MAC eyeshadow since. It's about 6.99 for the palette (price keeps going up as it gets mentioned in mags and blogs) of 12 eyeshadows. Storm is the neutral/smokey one and is best for the easy to use and match colours. The colours are:

Dark dirty gold
Dark green
dark blue
matte dark brown
matte black.

All of them are shimmers aside the ones I've mentioned are matte. The staying power is great, on a night out I only need to top it up once! The pigmentation is perfect, such intense colour. Also, no allergic reactions and I wear contacts!
If you like the strong quality pigmentation of MAC, defo pick up a Sleek palette!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by earthgirl26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good palette for the money. All the shades are great, but I wish there were a few more matte shades as most of them are shimmery. Still a very good product...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by icalldeebsonyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PALLETE! i will never ever buy UD naked pallete! this is enough! this pallete is so versatile. bought this for my mom and she loves it to bits <3 :D
i can do a day look, a night look, a clubbing look, a prom look. omg. pallete of my life! to everyone who doesnt have it, GET IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Don't buy the UD Naked Palette, get this instead! I ordered this online and it cost about $25 CAD in total with shipping. It only took 4 business days for this palette to ship from the UK to Canada which is pretty good.

The shadows are creamy, pigmented, and every single shade is beautiful. I use this palette everyday.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Yrie

This is the reason I'll never need the UD Naked Palette!

Gorgeous neutral colours, browns, for everyday use, for a dark smokey eye in blue, black, purple.
Some lovely highlights, golds, champagne colours.
Some matte, some shimmery.
An amazing black!

All the colours are so pigmented and go on like a dream.
So very cheap.
The packaging is really nice and sleek (go figure).
Absolutely LOVE this palette - my go-to palette for every day and night!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by StilaKat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first forage into the world of Sleek, and I must admit I'm impressed. The colours are very pigmented and a little goes a long, long way - in fact, they stay put all day without the need for retouching or fixing. This palette will last me for ages, and is my favourite of all the Sleek offerings (I find the others a little too 'paintbox' for my liking - especially the Bohemian one with its bright green and yellow. I mean, who wears yellow eyeshadow?? A canary??) This is excellent value for money for a DS brand, and I'm even getting used to the weird criss-cross hetchmarks on the eyeshadows; they remind me of potato waffles, but I'll get over it :)
As I've already said, this palette will last me for ages, but I'd definitely buy it again.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by msmonmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this palette! I have 4 other Sleek palettes, but this is one that I can use everyday. Perfect for days when I want to stay neutral, but you can also smoke it up with the darker colors for more dramatic looks. I get so many compliments from the looks I create with this palette. I really like the lighter matte shade (3rd from the left) as a blending color and as a transition color between my crease and my brow highlight. I also love the black shadow as an eyeliner.

I have had no problem with staying power. I do my make-up at 8am and I get home at 8pm with shadow fully intact. I use UDPP and Revlon Iluminance Creme Shadow for base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

I enjoy this palette very much. I don't wear bright colours - my go-to colours are usually browns and at most purples, and so it was hard for me to choose a palette in the Sleek range that I would wear often and this is probably the only one. I wish they release more palettes with more neutral colours but I guess that is not Sleek's style. Anyway, the textures of all the colours of the palette are extremely smooth and blendable, even the matte ones! I even love the teal, green and blue colours! Just that I don't get a lot of chance wearing them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by GeorgiasMakeUpAddiction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing palette. Compared to the original this is probably the one to get if you like neutral, smokey looks and less colourful eyeshadows.
The colours are amazing quality and shades which look good on all skintones.
You can apply lightly for a sheerer look, foil or use a base for a brighter look or layer to create new colours and effects.
I seriously cannot be without the palette and use it everyday and for special occasions.
Colours very comparable to the Urban Decay Naked palette if you don't have the money
Best colours: Champagne, 2 Golds, Chocolate brown and the matte black brown
Worst colours: The dark blue looks good in the pan but it doesn't give off a good colour and the glitters really chunky and messy (the navy in the original palette is better)
My favourite look is using the champagne, golds and chocolate brown for a gorgeous gold neutral smokey eye adding some of the darker matte shades for more smoke
Another great look is using the matte black all over than layering the gold shade wet over the top for a really original antique gold colour that looks like you've use a mac pigment.