November 28, 2014 | 1257 users online

Bronzers - Hard Candy - So Baked Bronzer - Tiki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bronzer? No. Highlighter? yesyesyes! THis is a goldy bronze color, much too light for a bronzer, but it provides the perfect golden glow! With this and my MSF in Blonde, I don't need any more highlighters! This has the perfect amount if sheen and pigmentation, along with adorable packaging and a drugstore price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I have so many wonderful things to say about this product, let me just go ahead and tell you, there's one downfall:
The packaging (which I would be 100% fine with, were this not already a fragile product,) leaves something to be desired. I would not recommend carrying this in a bag you toss about; definitely not a purse, lest you find yourself with a coating of the loveliest golden shimmer all over your belongings. I learned this myself (twice) after breaking two of HC's baked blushes--the lids have a habit of breaking off easily. My fault really, and I'm not exactly the easiest on my makeup to be honest--plus HC at Walmart is very reasonably priced, so I am quite willing to repurchase if the product breaks due to packaging malfunctions.

I think the most wonderful thing about this product for me is that it isn't overtly warm-toned or dark, so cool-toned and pale girls need not be scared (NW20 here.) More importantly, tiki is powder form so it doesn't clog my pores like every single other (beautiful, but ultimately of limited use,) liquid highlighter I've tried. Powder highlighters that have failed me include MSFN lightscapade (to date the *only* MAC product I've returned,) NARS albatross (too gaudy), and benefit something...rose gold or the other, can't remember the name, but it was a messy, chintzy, spotlight. Did not like.

Tiki leaves its mark subtly, just as its meant to do. Especially when I am feeling a bit out of sorts, tiki plus illamasqua katie blush makes a lovely combo. Or if you have an outfit that shows your collarbones, it's a great highlighter to use on top of a liquid (like hawaiian tropics papaya ginger shimmer lotion, pick this up at walmart too). The lotion makes it last twice as long, and fantastic on top of your summer tan (from a tube, amirite?)

Anyway, just go buy this highlighter now. It's maybe $7 or $8 (but as others mentioned is for some reason stupidly called a bronzer by hard candy). Worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by alliemily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holy crap I love this! Perfect highlight shade for me, and looks so great on my shoulders and collarbones for going out. Only negative is that it has mineral oil, so I don't like using it every day.
Will definitely buy again though!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by emfong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this too as a highlighter like most reviewers. I don't understand how anyone could use this as a bronzer since it is SO light colored, even for me and I am pretty fair in comparison to others. I bought this after seeing a review on it on Youtube. I felt like it seemed like a good alternative to a higher end highlighter like NARS Albatross. After I tried this product for the first time I was sooo happy that I did. I brush it on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose and it really does give your face that soft focus, candlelight glow. I use this more often than I use my Benefit Highbeam which was three times the price of this product. I just feel that Hard Candy Tiki is more complementary to my skin tone since it is golden and I have yellow/warm undertones whereas Benefit Highbeam is pink and frosty, probably better looking on someone with a cooler tone. I would recommend this product as a highlighter for warm undertones, definitely worth the $8-9.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Kayyymbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this after falling in love with Hard Candy baked blush in Living Doll. I find it very similar to MAC Mineralized skin finish in Chamapgne. I used it as a highlight. I usually apply E.L.F All over color stick in Golden Peach (1$!) and then apply the hard candy over top. It gives a nice healthy sheen to my cheeks that I absolutely love! It is an everyday staple for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

Since I like Hard Candy in Honeymoon so much I decided to purchase this which can be used as a highlighter. This gives such a beautiful luminous glow, I've been reaching for this more than my Dior Amber Diamond. Dior has more golden bronze undertone but Tiki basically does the same thing, great job at highlighting.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by KatelynTaylor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I <33 this stuff! I have oily skin so foundation routine is pretty much matte. I love to use this as a highlight bc of the lovely glow it gives me! It's the best highlight I've tried and the cheapest one I've tried! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by kennedysayshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this impulsively at my closest Walmart one day, just because it was golden and shiny and pretty. Maybe I have a low IQ, but this happens often. I didn't think too much of it. The next day when I was doing my normal skin routine (which is just an illuminating tinted moisturizer) I decided to put some on. I was so surprised at how glowy and pretty it looked! I'm really pale, so for me, this is a bronzer not a high-light. I never get to use bronzers because I'm so pale and this is PERFECT. I'm so happy I found it! Use a light hand and a fluffy brush when applying so it won't be too shiny. Because it is VERY shimmery, but with the right application it just adds a perfect tan glow to the skin! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by AdreeC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this bronzer. I'm an NC15-20, and I can use this a multiple different ways. If I pack it on a little heavier I can wear for it's intended purpose, or I can use it all over to give my skin a MSF feel. I love this color, it's not too yellow and not too beige. It gives my skin a healthy finish that I've never had from other products like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

What a fabulous product. This is a finely milled, glowy luminizer with a slight light touch of gold to it - no nasty iridescent or glittery sparkles here. This is as good as anything I've picked up at Sephora, and at $8, it's a total steal.

I'm very fair with a lot of pink undertones and this makes my face look amazing - glowy, rested, perfect. I will be stocking up on this one. Lord help me if I run out, drop it, or it's discontinued.

Paired with HC's Fox in a Box in "Truth or Dare" ($6), I'm in love.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No