July 29, 2014 | 1986 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Matte 903C Just Peachy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was looking for a cheap alternative to my YSL Rouge volupte in Peach passion and I'm quite satisfied with this. The color is very pigmented and completely matte but not as drying as I expected it to be. It's still best to exfoliate your lips before application or at least use a lip balm underneath. On me this looks like a peachy orange/pink, I think it would look flattering on most skintones. It doesn't have a scent or taste. I like the packaging too, it's not the most functional (the lipstick doesn't twist all the way down) but at least it looks nice. The funny thing is that this is more long lasting than Rouge volupte, probably because it's much less creamy. I would repurchase and I will probably try some other colors as well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like the color, it's a pretty, subtle almost nude pink on me and goes well if you have pink undertones in your skin, as I do. I would definitely recommend it if you want a pretty, inexpensive everyday lipstick which is why I bought it. it's nice and creamy, doesn't seem too drying even though it's a matte lip. my one complaint is that, as I think I've seen others have said, it doesn't wind all the way down into the tube so you could easily skim the lipstick part if you're not paying attention when you put it away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Nextdoorhottie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick!! In my opinion, it's one of the best drugstore lipsticks I've purchased. It's VERY opaque. Its VERY affordable.

There are a couple things i did have Issues with...It's a matte finish so it did accentuate the fine lines on my lips =( I suggest wearing lip balm or exfoliating your lips first. The packing is horrible! The lipstick does not twist all the way down in the tube so when you remove/close the cap it will ruin the lipstick if your not VERY careful.

I would definitely purchase it again though! It's my favorite drugstore lipstick <3

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by beachydolphin

The color is pretty. The texture is drying, and not smooth, even though it is a matte lippie, I expect something that still feels better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color: bright peachy pink

Pros: pigmented, creamy, long-lasting

Cons: drying, cheap packaging

Comments: I really like this color - it's a bright peachy pink. It is drying as expected, but I always wear a gloss so that's not a problem for me. I don't like the packaging, though - the tube doesn't always scroll up and it wiggles around a lot.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by oooSLICKooo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I also am NC30-37 and this works really well for my skintone. I have a really hard time finding nude lippies that work on me and this is a hit! I imagine it would be too bright for fairer skintones - so if you're skintone is medium this may work for you. And really cheap too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

So someone on here mentioned this color being neon, well I didn't really see that. I found this color to be a salmon pink with a bit of orange. Maybe its because my lips are really pigmented, but the color looks sexy and pretty! It definitely is a bit retro, but not neon. I think it looks very '60's but I love that about this lipstick, its not a true peach, its far too pink, but it has warm tones. The formulation is better than "Bare it All", its drying but so are all matte lipsticks... color is wonderfully opaque. I agree with others who said having yellow or golden undertones will make this lipstick look better. I'm NC40-42 and it works amazingly I think it could look great on all skin tones, so try it, its only 3 bucks!. I might start going for full on peach lipsticks pretty soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by owleyeglasses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am generally pleased with Wet n Wild here. The color is fairly 'natural' on my fair skin and is creamy and long lasting. It is a bit drying though, so I advise only using it on moisturized lips. There isn't much in the tube, but for price and quality I'm fine with buying another tube! I think I'm going to try other colors in fact.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick looks super feminine and flattering on my NC35 skintone. This isn't a true peach - it appears on your lips and a nude salmon pink with a hint of orange. I've been searching for a lipstick like this for awhile and was so happy to get one for so cheap! The formula is okay - it does last forever and it doesn't feel like it's sitting on top of my lips. I just wish it wasn't a matte - it's drying, obviously. When paired with a peachy/light pink gloss and a neutral lipliner this is probably my favorite lip to wear suitable for everyday.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim at CVS for $2.99. I got the shade, "Just Peachy," which looked like it should be a nice, neutral, peachy mauve. I never thought the words "neon" and "mauve" would go together, but that's how it looked... like a bright peachy brown that had a kick of neon orange in it. Very 80s, just AWFUL!!

The tube itself is nice, you can see the color and it is shaped more like a balm than a lipstick/bullet shape, which I like, and the tube does stay together nicely, no worrying about the cap popping off in your purse.

The formula is decent, but kind of drying, as with any long wear, so I highly recommend balm under or on top of it.

I would probably try this in another shade, but Just Peachy is terrible.

EDIT: I got a little sun this weekend and tried "just peachy" again. The color is a little less awful, so perhaps skin tones that are very fair should avoid this. It could potentially work with medium/light to medium skin. And it might work with different shades of gloss over it so I won't can it. I imagine you'd look like snookie if you were very tan and tried to wear this. I still find it incredibly drying though and still would not repurchase. I did notice that it's very similar to MAC's blush in "fleur power," which is my go-to shade so it might work as a cream blush in a pinch as well.