December 20, 2014 | 1687 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Semi-Matte in Heat Wave

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Adah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The most beautiful red that I own. I've been looking for a good retro red. Not one of those "wearable" reds people wax poetic about, but something super bright and with a vintage feel. Nars Red Lizard was too dark (it's very like MAC Russian Red), MAC Ruby Woo too dry and matte (dull texture!), MAC Powerhouse not matte enough. Nars Heatwave is perfect. Vivid, orange-red, which on me (PPP, Brunette) looks very 1950s. Love it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous vibrant coral-red! Heat Wave is about 80% true red, and 20% orange. The two blend together to create a bright, vibrant coral-red color. At least on MY fairly pigmented lips. I am light PPP, and when I pair Heat Wave with NARS Exhibit A blush (applied very lightly) and nude eyeshadow (NARS All About Eve duo) and soft black eyeliner/mascara ..... the look is gorgeous! Powerful, vibrant and beautiful! 5 lippies! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2006 2:33:00 PM More reviews by xStar_Luvx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Price - $23.00 USD

This is by far one of my all time favorite lipsticks. I am a huge red lipstick fan and when I saw Heatwave, I knew it had to be mine. Heatwave is an intense bright orange red. It's semi-matte, so it's a tad drier than most lipsticks, but the staying power is wonderful.

Heatwave is reminiscent of 40's starlet style. It's a very glamourous shade without being too overwhelming.

I am a pale (NW10) redhead and this color brightens up my face and adds a touch of vintage Hollywood style. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sunflower22

Wow! This is my favorite lipstick. EVER. Hands down. I have tried to wear so many different colors, textures, etc. of lipstick so many times that I soon just gave up and relied on dolling up my eyes. This lipstick, however COMPLETELY changed my mindset about lipsticks- Nars lipsticks at least :)! The semi- matte texture is just perfect for my lips. They are very full and if the texture was very glossy it would make me look like a circus freak! The matte feel and beautiful red color look amazing on my skin, tan or white, and make me feel sophisticated, refined, old- worldly and even a little bit sexy. When I wear this, I leave my lids bare but put almost- cat- eye like eyeliner and a lot of mascara along with the Nars Gina Blush to make my whole face glow and make me feel like a 1950's sex kitten!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by shortgirl

This color is AWFUL on me. Once applied it looks like neon orange with barely any trace of red. I love everything about this lipstick except the color. I love the semi-matte texture (which leaves a stain on my lips) & I love that there's no scent. But the color is just horrid on me. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2004 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I was walking by my fave MU counter and thought what should I try that I dont already have or havent tried...? Hmmm....Well yes! a red lipstick ofcourse!... but wait which shall I try?! Heat Wave immidiately caught my eye! What a gorgeous bright coraly (orangey) red lipstick! My fave red probably! BTW I am relatively tanned (Armani LSF 6.5)so it looks really good on my skin. It really lights up my whole face! Got so many compliments with it by now- I m amazed! I pair it with nude eyes (just black mascara) and it looks fantastic (saw this look in a Valentino show and LOVED it!). As mentioned below this colour would suit more people than they think. Looks great on pale skins as well as on tanned. With pale skin it looks very much like the old Hollywood stars, very 30's, very glamorous, classic and stylish. With tanned skin, bronzed cheeks, just black mascara on eyes it looks very modern, lively and sexy!- thats how I love wearing it with an all black or all beige (white) outfit! It is definitely a statement lipstick! Very silky smooth, longlasting, stays true, and doesnt dry out lips! I LOVE Nars! I absolutely recommend this colour! PS. I pair it with the Heat Wave lipliner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2003 2:28:00 AM More reviews by carokoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So gorgeous - I'm over the moon I got this dirt cheap on eBay. The brightest, boldest red imaginable - scarily so in the tube, but just stunning on the mouth. It's the kind of shade that few think would work on them, but I'm convinced that it would work for all *but* few because it's in a colour chart all by itself. The only people I could think it might not work on would be fair redheads.

Anyway, it's not dry, got decent staying power, and the colour is to die for. I usually pair it with nothing else at all with makeup, and even the most casual of outfits gets a huge leg up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2003 11:46:00 AM More reviews by bitchyboss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a beautiful red - I love and use reds constantly but this really stands out. I used to go for safer browny reds but I decided to get flashy ;)
Like all Nars lippies they are better and less drying than other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2003 10:37:00 AM More reviews by abilene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh how I love this lipstick! ...Super bright, semi-matte, red-orange... Way more on the orange side. It is, somewhat a neonish orange shade... But nonetheless a very Hollywood starlet (circa 1930s perhaps?) shade. It makes heads turn, and I love it! Not many I know can pull this off, but they can try. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2003 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Vidadoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite orange-based red lipstick. When MAC discontinued Lady Danger last year, I cried and cried. Then I went over to the NARs counter. It's not as moist as MAC, but that can be a good thing, as it stays on very well. Beautiful color. People remember it. I keep several spare tubes on hand, in case of discontinuation.