Beyoncé Heat

3.2

on 1/17/2011 6:09:00 AM

I bought 1/2 oz on sale at target for 1050. There was no tester, so for 10.50, thought it would be at least half-way interesting I mean she is putting her name on it (not a ring, but her name).

When I finally managed to get the package open-- it was in one of those industrial plastic sealed packages to deter theft or opening it in store, I suppose, I finally was able to smell it. UGH!

Smells almost identical to a Walgreens brand perfume a few years back--- was it called C'est la Vie? Something like that.

So so so cheap smelling, sweet/dingy/musty with a chemical/metallic smell. Just bad. And I normally like most anything/not too picky.

I am not a Beyonce fan, but like all other celebrity fragrances, it is the juice that counts, in my opinion. I sampled this for the first time today. Upon my first impression of the fragrance, I did not like it. What came to my mind after spraying it, simply, was: peach candy musk. Other thoughts that came to mind are: strong, heavy, and syrupy. I like fragrances with some strength but this felt a little too heavy for even myself, I imagine it might wear the woman, rather than the woman wearing it. I didn't totally hate it, but I definitely did not love it. I might buy it if I found it seriously cheap somewhere on sale. My advice: I never buy celebrity scents for full retail prices. It is ridiculous. If you can wait, give it a few months and the price will drastically lower, and sooner or later you'll always see them in the drugstores. After a year or so celeb perfumes can be bought for dead cheap. If I saw this for $10 or something, I might buy it but I wouldn't pay more for it...I just didn't find it to be very special. And, I didn't think the bottle was very attractive either.

on 1/1/2011 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Got this on sale at Target the other day for $10.50. lol. So maybe that's why I love it so much. My favorite perfume is Gucci Envy Me so I wanted to get something completely different to change it up because I've become so attached to floral scents. Once again...the price I paid may be a factor but I do like this perfume. Took awhile because I'm not used to wearing scents like this but now I love it. Got tons of compliments the other day.

As far as staying power...I think it's good. Lasted me a good 6+ hours.

on 12/31/2010 7:50:00 PM

This was horrible. I couldn't believe it. I love Beyonce and her music and she is such a talented diva. This is not the fragrance of a diva. It smells sweet, fruity and tacky and gives me a headache. Since it is called Heat, I expected it to be a bit warm smelling but it is just a sickly sweet fruity cheap smell. Also it doesn't last at all - once u pray it, it has already disappeared. Although that may be a good thing since it is foul...however I paid 20 so not good for my wallet :(

My advice would be to buy something else.

on 12/27/2010 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Let me start by saying this is a nice perfume- it has a kind of sexiness about it and once i smelt it i had to have it. I like strong, sexy, powerful, 'look at me' fragrances and i initially thought this was that type of fragrance.
I want to love it but i can't- the main problem is the staying power, it doesn't last more than an hour tops. The bottle is awkward and im not sure if i got a faulty one but its hard to spray with the perfume covering my fingers when i do manage to get some out. I really wish Beyonce had taken a little more time creating this instead of jumping on the 'celebrity perfume' bandwagon so soon. This could have been a decent fragrance instead of a let down. Having said all that- it isn't the worst 'celebrity' fragrance but it's not the best either. I would not buy this perfume again.

on 12/25/2010 8:50:00 PM

How is this getting bad reviews!? This must've been specially made to fit my body chemistry because it smells amazing on me. Warm and sexy like the name suggests, with a slight fruity twist. Will probably be my first hg perfume... Cant wait to try her new one coming out soon in the orange bottle

on 12/6/2010 10:37:00 AM

I tried this recently at Macy's and the sales girls was nice enough to spray some in a vial for a sample. It went on sweet and fruity but dried down to a nice warm vanilla amber kind of scent. It last for awhile. I still smelled it on my hand hours later. I do like it but don't know if I would actually purchase because I have a signature scent and don't feel it's good enough to purchase a full size bottle. If they made it in a small purse size or one of those little trial sprays would love to add it to my sample collection.

on 11/25/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love Beyonce but HATE this perfume. i bought it around the time it first came out which made it a bit pricey at about $50. I love the smell but after about 10min i couldnt smell it anymore. I started using it alot more and noticing how quickly it runs out duh because i was trying to make it work lol. The lid falls off too easily as well. Now i see it at Target in a gift set for about $35...ugh

on 11/24/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Boring! Nothing realy diferent about this scent, can;t realy pick anything special out about it. However it is not a scent that is to my taste so others may like it. Although it is already in the bargain section of all my local stores.

on 11/23/2010 12:12:00 PM

Highly recommended!
Very pretty and easy to wear warm, soft, vanilla/amber scent with some darkish/deep berry notes on top (raspberry?) Almost like a more classy, softer VS Amber Romance.

Popular Fragrances