August 20, 2014 | 2147 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

disappointed. i grabbed this at walmart when i had my walmart giftcard. i heard such great things about this. i have used the maybelline dream mousse concealer, and it covers well, but it tends to look chalky and stand out on my dry skin. i hoped this would work, but no such luck. I purchased the darkest shade in the store (medium) & it is too light for my (medium-tan) complexion! what the hell neutrogena! anyone darker than me wouldn't be able to use this! second of all, i hate the consistency. it's in a nice tube that twists the product up...however, the consistency is runny and seems to blend right into my skin. it does not cover red blemishes very well at all. & this stuff was more expensive than the maybelline that i usually use! this was about $8-10 which is expensive for a drugstore product. EPIC fail!

Edit: 3/29/11: I ran out of my Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer and it's discontinued so I've been using this. I swear the more that I use this, the more blemishes I have. Really red blemishes that I never get! I used this on my cheek today to cover redness. There were no blemishes there, but now tonight, there's another big red blemish! This is supposed to clear skin but seems to be making mine worse

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I bought this product when I could not find my Revlon ColorStay concealer with SoftPlex. Not too impressed. It's ok but I prefer the Revlon or Clinique's Blemish concealer more. It's thin so it doesn't cover very well. Also, it seemed like I had to click the applicator forever to get product to come out so it's only half full with actual concealer. I'm sure it would be fine for lighter coverage but not good enough for me. I will use it until it's gone which, luckily for me, won't be long since there doesn't seem to be much product left. It MIGHT last two weeks. Wondering if I got a dud? Who knows but I won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jovia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this whenever I have blemishes on my face and only in places that aren't as noticeable; I apply it below my cheekbones and not under my eyes. It dries kind of matt and is somewhat tackier than I would like under my eyes. It also has a slight pastiness that is not flattering under bright lights. However, if you have any acne issues, this is a great way to hide while applying treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by TeMpErMeNtAl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product can be a bit difficult to use if your not quick. It dries pretty quickly and stays in place so that can be a good thing or a bad thing. I use this with a blending brush and it works well. I don't apply the applicator to my face but to the back of my hand then dip my brush into it and blend it into my face quickly.
I don't know if it really helps but it doesn't harm. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by megheartsshoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

picked this up when my nars concealer ran out - wanted something that would help my dry but acne-prone skin, which is no easy task! my skin is fair but yellow-toned so i have trouble finding the right match sometimes, but the lightest shade blends perfectly into my skin. super easy to blend - not too liquidy, and offers good coverage while looking totally natural. it also actually helps to calm and reduce blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by louy

I got this because I was out of my MAC concealer. Overall, I do like it and would repurchase. I have to say that my MAC concealer (the one in the pot) is still the one to beat.

REVIEW OF PRODUCT:
-coverage is between light to medium

-the applicator allowed for easy application and blending, however I always find you get better application using your fingers.

-You can build coverage if you let the first layer(s) dry completely first.

-definitely has lasting/staying power

-did reduce the redness of my pimple significantly, but did not cover it completely. It was enough though that I felt comfortable.

-Can't say if it helped with clearing up the pimple.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the good reviews for it, and I wasn't disappointed. After applying it on a zit in the morning, the zit had totally dried up by the afternoon. Sold! I'd buy it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfect concealer for non-messy application -- I'm not a HUGE fan off the sponge-tip applicator (I use a clean finger to pat it down in place; I feel like it just sweeps the make-up away if I keep patting it with the sponge-tip) -- but I used it overnight on a couple of spots, and seemed to do the trick overnight. Zits happen once in awhile... at least I feel it's doing something pro-active about the problem, not just covering them up!

Also love how I can just stick it in my bag. Love it in "Fair" for my light skin; blends in well. Liquidy, but fine coverage. Also concerned about the price for how much you get -- but then, let's hope you're not trying to cover a face-full of acne, either! (Really guys, it's just for problem areas - perfect for those with 'once in awhile' pimples!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Lizzie918

Ok, I'm not head over heels in love, but this stuff is pretty dang good. It covers my blemishes, blends in nicely, and does actually help to clear up my skin, even though it's only .5% salicylic acid and most acne washes/scrubs and spot treatments have 2% salicylic acid. I do feel like it was pretty expensive considering how much you actually get, but it's still a good deal quality wise. The best part is, if you're going to be out for a long day and your makeup might wear off, it's super easy to through in your bag and touch up on the go. I would try this if you're relatively new to makeup and you need a easy and effective concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WHY isn't this more popular? This is my HG undereye concealer. I use this in light even though i'm pretty tan. I use this because it has Salicylic acid in it and I have milia under my eyes. fml. but! this is a great concealer.