April 16, 2014 | 1466 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by louy

I got this because I was out of my MAC concealer. Overall, I do like it and would repurchase. I have to say that my MAC concealer (the one in the pot) is still the one to beat.

REVIEW OF PRODUCT:
-coverage is between light to medium

-the applicator allowed for easy application and blending, however I always find you get better application using your fingers.

-You can build coverage if you let the first layer(s) dry completely first.

-definitely has lasting/staying power

-did reduce the redness of my pimple significantly, but did not cover it completely. It was enough though that I felt comfortable.

-Can't say if it helped with clearing up the pimple.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by madelinex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the good reviews for it, and I wasn't disappointed. After applying it on a zit in the morning, the zit had totally dried up by the afternoon. Sold! I'd buy it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 7:40:00 AM More reviews by fae_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Perfect concealer for non-messy application -- I'm not a HUGE fan off the sponge-tip applicator (I use a clean finger to pat it down in place; I feel like it just sweeps the make-up away if I keep patting it with the sponge-tip) -- but I used it overnight on a couple of spots, and seemed to do the trick overnight. Zits happen once in awhile... at least I feel it's doing something pro-active about the problem, not just covering them up!

Also love how I can just stick it in my bag. Love it in "Fair" for my light skin; blends in well. Liquidy, but fine coverage. Also concerned about the price for how much you get -- but then, let's hope you're not trying to cover a face-full of acne, either! (Really guys, it's just for problem areas - perfect for those with 'once in awhile' pimples!)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Lizzie918

Ok, I'm not head over heels in love, but this stuff is pretty dang good. It covers my blemishes, blends in nicely, and does actually help to clear up my skin, even though it's only .5% salicylic acid and most acne washes/scrubs and spot treatments have 2% salicylic acid. I do feel like it was pretty expensive considering how much you actually get, but it's still a good deal quality wise. The best part is, if you're going to be out for a long day and your makeup might wear off, it's super easy to through in your bag and touch up on the go. I would try this if you're relatively new to makeup and you need a easy and effective concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WHY isn't this more popular? This is my HG undereye concealer. I use this in light even though i'm pretty tan. I use this because it has Salicylic acid in it and I have milia under my eyes. fml. but! this is a great concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by maaakeup14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

PROS:
- hides redness WAY better than the Physician's Formula Cover Rx in Soft Green made especially for red skin
- nice liquid-y consistency
- salicylic acid for acne
- good coverage. medium-sometimes full coverage, pretty good for drugstore product

CONS:
- dries out skin and sometimes flakes :(
- cant use around edges of nose, flakes BIG TIME

but still on the hunt for a good concealer, any recommendations would be great (:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by SarahKim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It does a good job in covering blemishes, and helps heal them, so it's a double plus. It's not a miracle worker, because you can still seem some acne scarring and what not..but it definitely makes it less obvious. I would suggest this to someone that's using concealer for the first time. The coverage is pretty decent, and it feels light :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very easy to use and i love the coverage. good for covering little pimples and red marks. the applicator is nice. added SA is also nice. could be a little cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by shopping341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product!! I use it whenever I get a pimple, and it covers it really well while clearing it up. There are only 3 small downsides: 1). The brush thing on it sucks. I put a little of the formula on my own brush instead. 2) It doesn't cover acne scars that well. It does cover them some, but they are still kinda visible. (It's great for pimples though, which is what matters since that's what it was made for). 3) It doesn't really clear up those big, painful pimples. It does cover them up and prevent them from growing larger, it just doesn't really speed up their going-away. Overall, though, it's an excellent product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I have a zit -- this works great. It is my second favorite blemish concealer in that it does actually work on the zit and in a matter of days, I see an improvement.

It doesn't cover quite as well as I'd like it to, but since it heals and covers somewhat simultaneously, I'm feelin' the love for this product.

I use Fair 01, and it's a perfect match for my skin. Love the packaging in that it's a skinny tube that is easily toted around in my purse, doesn't take up any room.