Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies

3.4

AQUA / WATER, PARAFFIN, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX, CERA CARNAUBA / CARNAUBA WAX, ACACIA SENEGAL / ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE PEG/PPG-17/18 DIMETHICONE, STEARETH-20, PHENOXYETHANOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM POLYMETHACRYLATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SIMETHICONE, RAYON, DISODIUM EDTA, ARGININE, SERINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL, SILICA,PANTHENOL

In my opinion I actually thought this product was great cus of the great reviews from other ppl on YouTube. But it's disappointing that every time I applied it, it felt dry on my lashes, it was clumpy, and the formula was really wet which didn't hold my curls at all. It also flacked idk if it's just me that experienced all theses things...but the good thing that it did was lengthen my lashes that was mostly it. From all that experienced I think I'll never ever buy this product yet recommend to anyone.

Pros:
- lengthen

Cons:
- feels dry after application
- has a wet formula that doesn't hold your curls
- flakes
- clumpy

on 8/29/2014 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

In my opinion, this mascara doesn't really live up to its name. It doesn't make my lashes look like falsies, although it does give decent length and volume. I like that it manages to stay on all day without smudging (though I haven't cried with it on yet), it doesn't hold up a curl too well and my lashes tend to fall flat as the day progresses. I'd give this a 3.5 if I wanted to be really specific, and I'd try different mascaras before I'd think about trying this one again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Just another mascara that misleads people by the name. I don't know, it just doesn't seem to really give that "falsies effect". With that being said, I've moved on to a better mascara that does NOT mislead you by the name. It's the Voluminous Million Lashes mascara by Excess, and it really separates your lashes and makes them look longer & fuller. I've repurchased it so many times & I haven't found a mascara to top this one yet!

on 8/29/2014 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty decent drugstore mascara. However, it does not makes ones eyelashes look as if you have falsies on. It provides volume and lengthening of my eyelashes, but it really works no better than most mascaras that are sold in the drugstores today, which is why, I don't plan on re-buyjng it.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have mixed reviews on this and would give it 2.5 / 5 lippies.

The first time I bought it I loved it and used it almost every day. It gave my lashes enough volume to actually show up in pictures (which is rare for me).

The second time I bought it, years after finishing the first, it lost its appeal.
It gets clumpy really quickly (I'd say a month after purchasing it) and does not separate my lashes ideally.

However, I would say this is one of the best drugstore brand mascaras, but I'll stick to my usual Benefit and Dior mascaras.

on 8/18/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Typical cheap mascara. doesn't volumize or increase length without at least 3 coats (I like big lashes) but by that point my lashes were so clumpy and sticky that it looked like a gross mess. would never buy again.

on 8/17/2014 7:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This mascara is the best!! It makes my eyelashes look so long and thick and just overall beautiful I would recommend everyone to get this mascara. The only thing is it's a bit pricey but sometimes superdrug or boots have it on offer I got mine when it was and they usually have it in offer but this is the best mascara and I probably would pay full price for this!

on 8/16/2014 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing mascara! It gave my lashes a great amount of volume and length! The best of both worlds, and not to mention for a great price!

Current HG mascara. I noticed my friend's lashes seemed super voluminous, and she suggested I try it. I was skeptical at first, for a few reasons. First, I hate clumping lashes. For this reason, I switched to plastic (not bristled) brushes, as they are easier to control. Second, mascara CONSTANTLY flakes or smudges on me, and since I sometimes work in the elements (in and out of a steel mill), I needed something that wouldn't smudge in humidity, but also wouldn't flake. Third, I just really like volume, so I was going for that.
I decided to try it, and was actually amazed - it really does live up to its name - my eyelashes are very voluminous, and the argument can be made that I could have false lashes on. I got compliments the first week I wore it, so that's a good sign. Clumping issue: I don't have one. I tend to get the excess mascara off brushes before I use them anyway to avoid clumps, so that may help. But I was very surprised that the fine bristles didn't clump, but instead created nice volume.
Smudging and flaking: I was shocked. For whatever reason, this formula does neither. And I've been through a lot that have -- all Clinique (Lash Doubling provides great volume but they all Smudge SO BADLY), Mary Kay (flakes), Covergirl (flakes), other Maybelline brands (flake). But this really doesn't. Also, the color is very true to black, which is important, because Covergirl pulls grey. Ick.

Bottom line: very substantial volume (one of the best I've used), no clumps (although I'm smart about my application), longevity (doesn't smudge or clump, and low price... I will keep buying this over high end mascaras any day - I really don't think they can beat this.

on 8/11/2014 1:56:00 PM

Just a good regular mascara.

- adds volume.
- good price.

- I always need to use a potent make-up remover to work it out.