April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Magdificent

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This hair dye was HORRIBLE.... I dyed it two days ago with the color black, and the color looks very fake and unnatural, it looks like my hair is a wig. The color is nothing like it looks on the box(the box makes it seem more warm toned) it is much much cooler toned, and I I have spent two days in the shower using various remedies trying to wash it out, and the color is very stubborn....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Heidi40s

I purchased Healthy Look in White Chocolate 8 1/2 to lighten my dark roots without causing damage. I have naturally dark blond hair with highlights. The product was easy to use and there was no unpleasant smell. I only applied the color to the roots and left the product on for approximately 20 minutes instead of the recommended 10. I am very pleased with the results so far. The color blended my darker roots with the rest of my hair and left my hair in excellent condition. My only regret is that it will be gone in 4 weeks and I will have to recolor. However, to avoid the damage it is worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh why, why, why L'Oreal did you discontinue Casting / ColorSpa?
That was the best semi-perm color EVER. I used it for 10+ years and now what? Healthy Look s*cks. Sorry, it does. Boring one-dimensional color choices, leaves hair dry, color doesn't last or even fade well.
What to do?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also posted this review under the specific color which is Med brown #5
I've been using Natural Instincts for many years and when I saw this brand on sale decided to try it - the NI was no longer covering the gray - OK - I totally agree with the first reviewer - I did my dark brown hair last night - I bought #5 Med brown - shows in the pic should have been perfect color and basically the same I use in NI My hair looks horrible - . My hair is pitch black. It DID cover the grays better the NI - but even with the deep conditioning treatment my hair is frizzy and dry as a broom today - also OMG this stuff is a mess - dripped allover the place - I cannot recommend it and will never repurchase. At least with NI my hair was conditioned the next day - this has harmed my hair and I'm really peeved - never again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by panderson725

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I have ever "colored" my hair. I have had highlights, used sun in type products in my 20's, and even tried lemon juice, which does work BTW. I bought the White Chocolate 8 1/2 to cover my grey and blend in my darker roots which were showing after my highlights grew out. My normal hair color is medium to dark blonde with a hint of red. Because of highlights, the hair I was coloring today was medium blonde with very light streaks and about 15% grey.
The directions and coloring part was very easy. I did not notice any strong smell. I left the product on 10 min (started timing after I put all the color in which took a few minutes.) I rinsed a lot. I was worried I was washing too much color out but I waited until no more suds showed in the shower water. I applied the Royal jelly conditioner. It smelled pleasant. I left it on about 4 min than rinsed again. My hair combed out very easily. I dried it and my hair felt soft...maybe a little on the dry side. The color does not look like the color on the box, but it did blend my dark roots in with my med blond hair. The light streaks are much softer now. It covered about 10% of my grey. The final color is a gold or honey blond. It looks very natural. I do miss my light blonde highlights, but this seems healthy for my hair and I will continue to buy this product. It was on sale so I only spent about $6. Nice bonus.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Felecia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am a pretty regular user of semi-permanent hair color since I have my first gray coming in and I like the richness it adds to my hair color.

I have used both the dark brown and black colors but was not impressed by how it made my hair look. There was no shine and the color was very flat and one dimensional. It had no shine, just looked like I dyed my hair with ink.

Would not purchase this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by maigenobx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I followed the directions exactly. I combed it through and left it on for 15 minutes. I had gorgeous shiny dark brown hair with a little bit of grey in it. Now I have dull, lifeless, dark brown hair with the same amount of grey in it. I pray that this is truly temporary color and that I have my beautiful hair back in 6 weeks. I HATE HATE HATE this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Chanie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a long time user of home hair color and have a great deal of experience. I like to use a semi-permanent color to refresh my hair color in between colorings (I color because of gray). I like L'Oreal because its colors are not yellow-based, like Clairol. I think the browns are prettier. I use L'Oreal Excellence on my roots to cover gray.

I have used Healthy Look several times. IMO, L'Oreal has managed to move steadily from a superior semi-permanent hair color, Casting and its child Casting Moisture Actif Color Spa, to go to Open (not as good), True Match (not as good as Open), and now Healthy Look, which in my opinion is not as good as any of them.

Casting gave my hair shine and body; it was truly beautiful color and not damaging. Finally, I had to use True Match a few times because Casting wasn't available. It was okay. Healthy Look gives my hair a flat, dull color. Nowhere near as pretty a color as either Casting or True Match, or as much shine as even True Match did (which did not give anywhere near the shine that Casting did). I do not use the heavily fragranced, silicone-laden conditioner in the box. I have never used the conditioners in boxes of color because my hair does not relate well to silicone. By the way, if you look at the ingredients on the glossing conditioner with royal jelly, you'll find royal jelly at the bottom of the list of ingredients. There's probably about a fourth of a drop in it.

Congrats, L'Oreal,, on replacing a superior hair color with an inferior one. I won't be buying this again because I have discovered another way of refreshing color in between colorings.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupgrl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first time dying my hair, and being a noob i didn't know that semi-permanent color wouldn't lighten the hair...
I have black-dark brown asian hair and i used the one in Dark Brown (4 i believe)
I didn't notice much change in my hair color (well...obviously since it doesn't lighten hair), but in the sun i notice the brown color coming through.

Pros:
-the smell (kind of fruity in my opinion)
-the conditioner! absolutely amazzzinnng, made my hair so soft
-after coloring my hair still felt the same and i noticed it was a bit shinier

Cons:
-the solution was a bit runny and i found random splatters of dye after i had finished
-grey coverage wasn't amazing, covered most of them, but i still found a few (i don't have a lot of greys, but still i don't want any showing through)

For the sake of the review i said I would buy it again since i liked the product, however i probably won't because my hair is naturally healthy anyway

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read all the reviews prior to buying this. Most of the negative reviews were from nice people who clearly misunderstood what this product is. It is a semi-permanent. The result you obtain is your current color + the color you are applying = result. Result does not necessarily mean the picture on the box. I started out with over-processed bleached foils that had gone brassy and dull. My hair looked like and felt like straw with one inch of mousy brown regrowth at the roots. I wanted to color my hair back to my natural cool brown shade for some low-maintenance growing out. I purchased 6BB (Light Beige Brown) because the box stated that if you are undecided between two shades, choose the lighter one and because I wanted to neutralize the yellow brassiness. I read the instructions and was surprised that the directions were to apply to dry hair. Glad I read it, I would have assumed damp. The instructions stated to leave on an extra 5 minutes for total grey coverage. I left it on the extra 5 because some of my hair was really yellow. It wiped right off my skin and didn't stain it. I rinsed it off and applied the Royal Jelly conditioner... it had a bit of a strong scent but I didn't smell cat urine. My hair turned out perfectly tinted but not a cool brown like wanted. It turned out a bit muddy, especially on the ends, but I expect that with a semi and it will wash out in a few shampoos. My hair feels and looks much softer. Won't repurchase because I prefer Natural Instincts (semi not the permanent line) in Clove for a cool brown to cover up brassy blonde.