October 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - ColorIcon Palette in Lust [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Superbly pigmented shadows that apply like a dream at rock bottom prices? Sign me up.

wet'n'wild really stepped up their game with the color icon line of shadows. I've almost consistently adored the shadows they have been putting out. These are 6 pan palettes with 3 matte shades and 3 shimmery. They all are lovely colors, but I find I use the mattes a lot simply because they are great textured and heavily pigmented. Better than some of my MAC shadows. The packaging doesn't really matter to me; I've depotted them all and they live in a Z palette I've dedicated for wet'n'wild shadows.

Lust is full of gorgeous purples and my favorite of the 3 I have so far. My favorites are a lovely pale matte pink I use as a base or highlight, a mid toned brighter purple matte I use in the crease and outer corner, and a dark eggplanty purple I use for darkening it all up or to line.

At $5 a pop, there is no excuse not to at least try out this wonderful palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by duparc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first Wet'n'Wild eye shadow palette ever. This combination of great colors just caught my eye at a drugstore and as they (finally) had testers available, I instantly realized the richness of pigment and made my purchase.

I have been really happy with this palette as the shades are well selected, fit nicely together and they sort of flatter my own colors. In the three shimmering shades the shimmer effect isn't too overpowering so those can be used everyday, not only in parties.

Even though some of the colors were even more pigmented than I realized in the store (the surface of a couple of tester shades had hardened a bit), they are easily manageable and easy to apply. The amount of fall-out (when applying) is minimal as long as you are careful not to scoop too much of color at once into the brush.

I always use primer on the lids and with a primer these shades have a great staying power - which is, of course, extremely desirable considering the amount of color pigments.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by odessadaniel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have such a problem with these palettes because theirs not enough balance of pigmentation the first two colors are way to light on my NC50 skin tone, the middle two are no better then the final two at the bottom are to dark really dark. The colors are soft and they apply ok fallout doen't bother me because im not a huge foundation wearer. I want to love these palette like everyone else but I find myself having to use other colors from my stash to fill in for the missing midtone colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Kitch3ntools

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a great product for the price :) i love the colors in this pallet. they go on nice but need some blending. with a good primer they last all day. the packaging is not the best. i would buy this again in a heart beat!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by gunkfury

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first of the Color Icon palettes I got, and I was so happy with it that I went out and bought the other three: Pride, Greed, and Vanity.

Lust is still my favorite out of the four. I find that it registers less chalky than the others, though by no means are any of these palettes too chalky for that issue to be of significant concern.

The pigmentation is intense. The shadows are soft enough that they are easy to blend, but not so that you get fallout. I was very surprised to find that even the shimmery/glittery shades weren't at all difficult or messy to work with.

I love that half of the colors are matte and the other half are shimmers.

The packaging is pretty flimsy and the label was so easy to slide off that I mistakenly DID take it off. The two small applicators that come with it are useless to me- not that I keep any of those anyway because I just throw them away.

Also, though these are by far the best CRUELTY-FREE cheap eyeshadows I've found, they ARE still a drugstore brand and without primer, these WILL fade or crease just like every other shadow.

I usually stay away from drugstore shadows, but after seeing the reviews on these palettes, I thought I'd give them a try. I'm definitely glad I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The colours feel quite dry and chalky, there's some fallout...But still I love this palette. It has amazing colours and the pigmentation is good. I use these palettes most often now, even though I have a Dior quint which to me had worse quality! Gotta love the price also :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by CrimeKisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess people rate it so high because it's so cheap. The shadows are nice colours and really pigmented. However, I find them to be really chalky. You can blend it out and make it work. You do get what you pay for and I love the palette for the price, but they are still chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Poor packaging, love the product. Although I don't use these colours very often, they're very soft and pigmented. There is quite a bit of fallout, but I can look past it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by TRACYWILSON225

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When you think of eyeshadow you may not think of Wet n Wild products because they are the cheapest of cheap. However, take a walk on the wild side and pick up this new set of shadows called Lust/#248. These are Awesome colors for fall/winter with rich pigmented plum hues in mattes and a little sparkle. Fantastic for creating a nice plummy smoky eye and comes with a nice steel gray color to contrast the purples.

I paid $3 bucks for this and really like this. Just make sure you prime your eyes good to give it extra lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by shamimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product out because I saw a couple of make up tutorials use this in place of some MAC products. I am not a person that usually buys Wet n Wild due to prior experiences with them not being so well. However I am very impressed with these shadows. They are very pigmented and have a lot of shadow for a low price. The color icon line is a better Wet n Wild. I would buy this again.