November 22, 2014 | 1719 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Shine Sensational

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Starberri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is specifically for the flavor/color Sweet Indulgence.

It's awesome! Inexpensive, quality packaging, applies smoothly, looks great (a nice shimmer, but not too much), isn't sticky like other glosses, and has the BEST smell ever. I love this stuff! I will definitely buy again when my first tube is empty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought two of these to try out after seeing a positive review on Youtube. Also, I liked the cute packaging as well as the fact that they all have different food scents. Unfortunately, these turned out to be kind of mediocre. I bought Freshly Sliced, a peachy pink color and Sweet Indulgence, shimmery light pink. Both had very little pigmentation on the lips, and the scents were rather artificial. I also discovered when I got home that I already had two similarly colored glosses in my collection, so I decided to exchange the SS glosses for another d/s item I had been wanting. I wouldn't say these are a bad product, but there are much better quality lip glosses available for the price ($5), so I wouldn't repurchase these.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:05:00 AM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought two of these, and the only reason I did was because they were on sale. It sounds kiddish but I usually just get Lip Smackers since they are so cheap and smell lovely. :P I am pleasantly surprised at how nice this gloss feels on my lips. Not only that but it stays on my lips for a pretty long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 11:15:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I got this in Sweet Indulgence and Cocoa Fever and I am so tempted to eat the entire tube!!

Sweet Indulgence smells like wonderfully sweet frosting. The color is a sheer pink iridescence. Cocoa Fever smells like chocolate frosting and is a nude/neutral brown color.

I love the formula of these glosses as they are not sticky and make your lips super soft.

I was surprised that they were almost $7.00 each at my local CVS, but I had coupons and a BOBO 50% deal...still pretty pricey if you ask me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Tattykins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have these in 05 - peach sorbet and 10 - freshly sliced. Neither give much colour, but both give a lot of shine. They taste sweet, which I wanted.
A nice basic, easy to wear, portable, everyday gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by liplickity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Maybelline Shine Sensation in Cocoa Fever
The eye catching rich chocolate chunks located on the top of Cocoa Fever lip gloss tube was one of the motivating factors in the impulse purchase of the gloss. I am a chocolate lover and like to try chocolate flavors. If you like a subtle medium beige and natural colors this is a beauty. The texture is semi thick it wears matte with a hint of high quality micro shimmer. There is no glitter fall out and it does not smudge smear and impressively it does not fall out of the lip line. To sum it up itís just right. The scent is a genuine light chocolate scent. It is the kind of gloss you can toss in your purse for a quick touchup without a liner. A good amount is needed on the lips for a good 30 minutes of staying power which is good for any lip gloss. It keeps the lips moist but is not enough to be used as lip moisturizer alone. Iím impressed by Maybellineís Shine Sensational lip glosses.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by xoel4everlife14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasnt at home with my enormous lip gloss collection, and i was in desperate need of shine, so i dug around in my purse, and i found a couple of these. i was confused because i dont normally buy maybelline lip glosses, but then i remembered my friend gave me the whole shinesensational lip gloss collection, and i tried them out, and they were pretty good. when i got home, i tested all the flavors, and they were absolutely DELICIOUS.
pros: yummy, smells great, hi-shine, and i like squeezy tubes:)
CONS: bad pigmentation, a bit thick
overall, im pretty glad i have all of them, and i will repurchase if i run out.
they are pretty cheap, only $6 a tube, so go to your drugstore and pick up a few. but dont get all gotta have em all, the color isnt too great. very sparkly though.
my faves are:
minty sheer, crazy for caramel, crushed candy, sweet indulgence, and peach sorbet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in Tempting Toffee and I'm really pleased with it. I think maybelline have really stepped their game up when it comes to their l/s and l/g lines. Tempting Toffee is a creamy, near-nude colour on my lips, and the smell is yummy! This has been my go to gloss for the past month, so I will definitely be buying another one soon. PS. I didn't like Cranberry Crave, which I bought at the same time. It smelled cheap and was more pink than cranberry. Just thought I'd add that!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by XxtweensmakeuploverxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My dad gave me the Cranberry Crave one after a performance and I have to say it's pretty good. The smell is really wierd- it's pleasantly sweet but kind of has hints of a Cherry Robitussin smell. Like a sweet chemicaly cherryish cranberry. However, it does not smell bad. This shade is like a light shimmery red and does show up that way but very light. It has a lot of glitter and shine and I get a lot of compliments. It's a little in the middle on price- it's not Dollar Store cheap but not very expensive either. About $5.00. I also was attracted to the Crushed Candy one because it seems to have the most glitter out of all of them. It's not my favorite color and shows up clear but glittery. It tastes like a messed up spearmintish smell. Not bad though. These lip glosses are slightly sticky so I rate them a 4/5.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lizzardddddx

I have like four of these, I'm obsessed. I'm not really buying these for color though, I just love the smells! I have the peach sorbet one, freshly sliced, some mocha or latte one and the melon one. They last on me for probably about an hour, but I'm not one to want wet, greased up looking lips, I just like the moisterized look lol. So if your looking for high pigmentation, vinyl looking lips, I wouldn't get these. But if you like fruity, smell good cute lip glosses, I would get some! Btw, they sort of remind me of victoria's secret beauty rush ones.