September 20, 2014 | 1175 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clarins - Instant Eye Make-up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2005 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cristiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited for this based on the reviews here, but I hated this. It worked, but it stung my eyes and left that bleary film on them, even when I rinsed them. If I tried to use less, then it just didn't work.

I've bought various expensive eye makeup removers, and I'm done, thanks to the posters suggesting J&J baby shampoo as an alternative. I mix half shampoo and half water in a little bottle, and it's the best, cheapest, mildest, non-stingy/greasy eye makeup remover I've ever tried.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 7:36:00 PM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

I've changed my mind about this eye-makeup remover. I should've listen to the MUA at the Chanel(no artist was at the Clarins counter) counter she told me she prefers the Lancome Bi-Facil to this. She had tried almost all the Two phase liquid eye-makeup removers like Lancome, Clarins, Chanel, Clinique, etc and she thinks Lancome Bi-Facil is the best! Reasons being is that the Clarins one when you use it the makeup become chunky, some actually went in my eye and it removes it half a slow as oppose to as if you had use Lancome. I pretty much have to rub the cotton on my eyelids which is probably not a good thing. I also find that this started to sting my eyes and it made my eyes tear a lot! Anyway this is going back to the Clarins counter!...I'm really upset! This is a bad as the Chanel two phase eye-makeup remover which really stung my eyes! Clarins Instant Eye-Makeup and Chanel Bi-Phase are the two worst eye-makeup reomovers I've ever purchAsed in my life! Some low end brand removers are better than this crap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 8:39:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is Clarins eye makeup remover for heavier makeup. Concerning this, on my surprise, it doesn't remove eye makeup (mascara) very easy - you have to repeat three or four times (and I never wear waterproof mascaras!). On the other hand it is quite mild and non-irritating (I have very sensitive eyes). I haven't tried many eye makeup removers because I usually remove eye makeup with face cleansing milk or cleansing cream (which is not a problem since, as I said, I don't wear heavy makeup or waterproof mascara). Years ago, I was a faithful user of the old, now discontinued, Decleor eye makeup remover which was very soothing and it removed makeup effortlessly. So far I haven't found anything close to it (new Decleor eye makeup remover is completely different).
I dont' know how to rate this product because I think it is better than average, usually more or less irritating eye makeup removers, but still it is not great. I'd give it between 3 and 4 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 7:39:00 AM More reviews by violet103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks for getting me to try this -I don't think I would have otheriwse. It is the BEST - everyone should have one of these in the bathroom! Good bye Chanel and Lancome removers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie5349

This could be my new HG eye makeup remover. I bought this after reading the reviews here at P'Ville and love it! It works great and doesn't irritate my eyes like the one I was using before (Chanel BiPhase). Definitely a must-try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by adozenblueroses

Works like a dream! I've tried tons and tons of eye make up removers (all of Clinique's, Lancome's Bi-facil, and a Nivea one too) and this is positively the ultimate. I use Lancome hypnose mascara which stays put, and this takes it off instantly! It is pricy, $29 CDN, but it's the only thing that works. It's a fair amount of product too! Great packaging as well, very sleek and hygenic. Would definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This is one miraculous eye makeup remover. It's pricey - US $23 - but I needed an eye makeup remover and am a huge Clarins fan, so I figured I'd try it out. Oh. My. God. Removes everything instantly with no tugging or oiliness (you do get a very SLIGHT slickness, but you'll be too busy staring in awe at your suddenly-makeup-free eyes to think it any consequence). Worth every penny of the price. I LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by helethea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just have to dab the solution on a cotton pad and place it on my eye-lids for a few seconds and viola all mascara removed. does not sting too and very moisturising for the eye lashes. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by scarlett1975

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally disagree with the previous review.For me this is the best eye makeup remover.I love it,s greasenest coz lives my eyelashes and lids hydrated and found very easy to remove every makeup whithout any effort,so my poor eyelashes don,t drop so much.Not expensive i think for the quality you get and nice packaging.Of course i will repurchase this forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2004 4:28:00 AM More reviews by closetbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually bought this product twice. The first time I tried it, it made my eyes itch like crazy. It's still greasy, but you can never have a non-greasy bi-phase makeup remover. I returned it, and a month later I decided to give it another chance. I still didnt like it. Same thing happened - made my eyes all itchy. I didnt like the design of the cap because when I opend it, the little piece of plastic inside that 'locks' it, broke! It DID not take out my mascara instantly like it claimed. It's average for a bi-phase MU remover. To me, bifacil is the greasiest. Chanel's is the least. Clarins is in the middle. I'm a sucker for department store cosmetics. I havent found a good Mu remover that would take off my waterproof mascara, so I took the easy way out and just stopped wearing waterproof mascara for now. Speaking of the devil - clarins MU removere did not take my YSL waterproof luxurious mascara in purple off. it took almost 10 wipes for me, plus after I wash my face, i saw racoon eyes, so i had to wipe the rest off with kiehl's MU remover. To remove my makeup, I have 3 products already. I use YSL gentle eye makeup remover, then i do my whole face with dior cleansing water, and wash my face with whatever cleanser I have around, and I have to get rid of the left over mascara with Kiehls because it's gentle and I dont need to re-wash my face again....So i guess i'm still searching for a good MU remover... bleh