Clarins Instant Eye Make-up Remover

4.2

Cyclomethicone, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isohexadecane, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, CI 42090/Blue 1.

on 4/25/2005 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a good heavy-duty eye makeup remover, but I still prefer my Bliss Lid and Lash wash. This is very similar to Lancome's Bi-Facil and because of the oil content it really gets everything off, but at the same time it leaves a residue so I have to rinse my eyelids. Plus it's not great for sensitive eyes, some of it seeped in to my eye and caused some irritation. If you don't have sensitive eyes and don't mind shaking the bottle before each use, this is great.

on 4/11/2005 10:33:00 AM

This stuff is comparable to Lancome's Bi-Facil. Removes makeup effeciently, leaves no residue or your eyelids greasy. Slightly drying though, so put on eye cream afterwards. *UPDATE* Requires some rubbing to get everything off, I'm starting to go back to Lancome's Bi-Facil.

on 4/10/2005 10:39:00 AM

Dual-phase removers are the only ones I like, and I have tried quite a few of them that are out there. I've recently been sticking with the Neutrogena version because I think it delivers excellent results at a remarkable price. I really don't know why I felt compelled to try something different since I had no complaints with the Neutrogena, but you know how it is, you read some reviews and suddenly you're convinced you've been missing out on something REALLY great the entire time. So I wanted to treat myself to a really really good eye makeup remover because I think anything that helps preserve the delicate skin around my eyes is worth the price.
I think this is pretty good stuff. It doesn't remove makeup in an instant like others have said though IMO. Besides, I always remove the bulk of my mascara by holding a warm soft baby's wash cloth against my lashes and rubbing gently first anyway. I did an experiment using only this remover, just to test its strength, and tried to remove all my mascara with it alone (and I dont wear waterproof, mind you) and it took a lot of remover, time, and rubbing to get it all off. That's okay though, I've never used a remover that could do this unless it was pure mineral oil or something. My final verdict is that although I think this is a little better than the Neutrogena bi-phase remover (Clarins is slightly oilier) Neutrogena's costs about $5, while Clarins costs $25, and I definitely don't think it's five times as good to warrant paying five times the price. This is not the holy grail of makeup removers IMO.

on 3/30/2005 12:44:00 PM

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I used Lancome BiFacil before, but since I got the Clarins IEMR for free in a Clarins gift set, I'm addicted to it. It does a better job on cleansing and it's more gentle for my skin. Highly recommended!!!

on 3/29/2005 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was so excited for this based on the reviews here, but I hated this. It worked, but it stung my eyes and left that bleary film on them, even when I rinsed them. If I tried to use less, then it just didn't work.

I've bought various expensive eye makeup removers, and I'm done, thanks to the posters suggesting J&J baby shampoo as an alternative. I mix half shampoo and half water in a little bottle, and it's the best, cheapest, mildest, non-stingy/greasy eye makeup remover I've ever tried.

on 3/9/2005 7:36:00 PM

I've changed my mind about this eye-makeup remover. I should've listen to the MUA at the Chanel(no artist was at the Clarins counter) counter she told me she prefers the Lancome Bi-Facil to this. She had tried almost all the Two phase liquid eye-makeup removers like Lancome, Clarins, Chanel, Clinique, etc and she thinks Lancome Bi-Facil is the best! Reasons being is that the Clarins one when you use it the makeup become chunky, some actually went in my eye and it removes it half a slow as oppose to as if you had use Lancome. I pretty much have to rub the cotton on my eyelids which is probably not a good thing. I also find that this started to sting my eyes and it made my eyes tear a lot! Anyway this is going back to the Clarins counter!...I'm really upset! This is a bad as the Chanel two phase eye-makeup remover which really stung my eyes! Clarins Instant Eye-Makeup and Chanel Bi-Phase are the two worst eye-makeup reomovers I've ever purchAsed in my life! Some low end brand removers are better than this crap!

on 3/4/2005 8:39:00 AM

This is Clarins eye makeup remover for heavier makeup. Concerning this, on my surprise, it doesn't remove eye makeup (mascara) very easy - you have to repeat three or four times (and I never wear waterproof mascaras!). On the other hand it is quite mild and non-irritating (I have very sensitive eyes). I haven't tried many eye makeup removers because I usually remove eye makeup with face cleansing milk or cleansing cream (which is not a problem since, as I said, I don't wear heavy makeup or waterproof mascara). Years ago, I was a faithful user of the old, now discontinued, Decleor eye makeup remover which was very soothing and it removed makeup effortlessly. So far I haven't found anything close to it (new Decleor eye makeup remover is completely different).
I dont' know how to rate this product because I think it is better than average, usually more or less irritating eye makeup removers, but still it is not great. I'd give it between 3 and 4 lippies.

on 3/3/2005 7:39:00 AM

Thanks for getting me to try this -I don't think I would have otheriwse. It is the BEST - everyone should have one of these in the bathroom! Good bye Chanel and Lancome removers.

This could be my new HG eye makeup remover. I bought this after reading the reviews here at P'Ville and love it! It works great and doesn't irritate my eyes like the one I was using before (Chanel BiPhase). Definitely a must-try!

Works like a dream! I've tried tons and tons of eye make up removers (all of Clinique's, Lancome's Bi-facil, and a Nivea one too) and this is positively the ultimate. I use Lancome hypnose mascara which stays put, and this takes it off instantly! It is pricy, $29 CDN, but it's the only thing that works. It's a fair amount of product too! Great packaging as well, very sleek and hygenic. Would definately repurchase.