Turmeric Mask

4.5

Turmeric Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I recently tried out a pre-made turmeric mask because I didn't like the yellow mess that I found that my own homemade turmeric mask was creating! I absolutely love it! They mentioned that their turmeric doesn't stain your skin but I found it was just completely cleaner in general... there wasn't yellow everyone on my sink and towels etc. They give you a couple of options for mixing. I mixed with a little bit of oil and mostly yogurt.

The mask worked wonderfully. My skin was soo smooth and seemed to glow after and i've used it now for 2 weeks and have gotten compliments already. I've never gotten compliments on my skin before! I do it twice weekly as they suggest. I will continue. You can buy it at the amberlilynaturals.com site if your interested!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have hyper pigmentation on my cheeks,forehead some of due to sun ,some of after baby that is melesma.i have used every fading cream like kojiglow ,super fade ,kojic acid based but nothing works.then being an Indian mum told me to apply turmeric on face which is a very traditional way to maintain skin beauty in India ...so I did apply turmeric with milk and lemon and u know it is working ..it's been 2 weeks only and my pigmentation is faded up to 50%..still continue until I will get clear face.. I am loving it..it makes my skin so bright which I lost due to sun tan...also start drinking turmeric milk at night for more effect cause I read turmeric consumed daily internally will help the body to produce gluthione more..which makes skin spotless..will update result.

on 10/6/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

After reading reviews on tumeric's ability to clear skin, I thought I would give it a whirl. I purchased a medium sized bag of it at an Indian food store. I tried mixing it in yogurt, and using it as a mask. However, I lacked the discipline to continue using it in that manner, and therefore can't say that it works. Since my skin is dark, I now mix about a tablespoon of it into my container of loose setting powder, and use it as my last step in my makeup application. It blends perfectly with my skintone. My skin looks so smooth. And instead of getting midday oiliness, my skin becomes more luminous/dewy. Not greasy, so I blot less. Although I'm already on a skincare regimen that keeps my acne at bay, I think tumeric is a great addition to my regimen to keep my skin clear. My only negative is that tumeric's scent can put me off a little at first (it's very mild anyway), but it fades.

on 10/6/2013 8:03:00 PM

HOLY GRAIL. i have cystic acne sometimes, and when i feel some coming up, i make some ginger tea with tumeric and black pepper, drink it. and i mix tumeric with olive oil and basil and apply it to the cysts overnight or for a couple hours in the day. It stops them from developing and shrinks them a bit. I love this, it's one of the only things i use because it actually works when i get a cyst. Using it as a spot treatment everyday will make your cysts disappear in a week. be careful tho it will stain your face if you leave it on overnight, apple cider vinegar seems to get the stain off for me though:)

on 10/3/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I always have turmeric in my house and I love it. It makes everything taste better and it's great for skin. To minimize staining since I'm fair skinned I mix 2 tbsp yoghurt 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp olive oil

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Natural remedies are always best! I do a face mask of this on my skin 3-4 times a month

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

So I started doing research to clear up my skin after my HUGE DIASTER with using Murad rapid lightening serum. (Yes that crap broke my face out so bad and left me with severe scarring) I have VERY oily acne prone skin and had gotten my acne and scarring under control and wanted to
Clear up a few dark spot I had left. Anywho, after my research I made a face mask of tumeric,fresh squeezed lemon juice, sea salt, a drop of almond oil, and some milk. I did this mask every night left it on for 30 minutes, and took pictures of my face to view any progress. WOW. After a month my pimples have cleared up 100% and the scarring is so much better. There is some scarring left but it's not nearly as bad as before. When I used to look in the mirror without any make up I literally would cry because the murad serum broke my face out so bad :(. Now my skin is clearing up and returning to normal. People at work have complimented me saying how much my skin has improved from when they first met me a month ago. Give it a try!

on 9/7/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was so disappointed when this didn't solve my acneproblem, it actually got worse! I do have to say I only used it for (just over) a week, but still. I made a paste out of turmeric & water everyday and used it as a mask. I let it dry for one hour and then cleansed it of with water. I don't know why this gave me such bad breakouts. Maybe I overused it or maybe my mask 'recipe' was wrong? But when I stopped the turmeric masks en continued with my normal routine my skin was better then before I even started using turmeric! So I'm happy I tried this product because my skin really cleared up after stopping with this (allthough I fear that my perfect skin won't be for long), but I wouldn't recommend it to any one... Just a pity that it works so well on other people's skin and not on mine :(

on 9/4/2013 8:29:00 PM

This is a great and cheap alternative to pricey store-bought acne products. After running out of the acne.org benzoyl peroxide, I went online in search of a quick replacement treatment as I didn't have time to go out and buy any, and waiting for a product to ship would be too long. For what it's worth, it's very quick and efficient to make, albeit a hassle because of the staining power that the turmeric has. So I suggest if you do decide to try it out, wear worn out/ old clothes as the possibility of getting some turmeric on your shirt is high. But other than that, I have no complaints. Unlike most reviews I've read, I like to mix the turmeric with (crushed) aspirin pills, honey, and a tiny bit of water. Then, I warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds (more than that and it will burn) and stir accordingly. After, I wait for it to cool and apply to face with a cotton ball. It's very simple and easy! After using it for a while, I've noticed my complexion evening out and my acne and acne marks slowly disappearing. Of course though, it isn't a miracle product and isn't going to work after just the first time if that's what you expect. BUT...you will notice a difference in your skin over time. Overall, give it a try! You probably already have it in your kitchen so what's the lost if it doesn't work? Also forgot to mention, it will momentarily stain your face yellow ;P

on 9/3/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Being an Indian, I always have turmeric in my kitchen but never used it for skin. After reading so many positive reviews I thought I must give it a shot, and anyways I have tried almost everything from expensive treatments to OTC cheapstuff. My skin type - I've always had acne (zits and some cystic types) but all of a sudden last month I had my worst break out of 30 yrs. My lower cheeks and forehead were full of painful cystic bumps :( and I knew whenever they settle down it would leave a horrific scars on my face...agony. Apart from so many other things i do each day, i added the turmeric mask in my daily regimen. Each night before I go to bed I apply this mask (chick pea flour + turmeric + honey + yogurt = mix together and refrigerate) for about 30 mins. then i wash my face, like I am exfoliating and guess what I noticed after 3 days. The skin on top of the monstrous acnes have started drying off. The next morning i noticed the size of acne was reduced by 30% atleast. I think it is working guys, but just like everything else - give it some time and dont give up in 5 days. Good luck!

Popular Face Skincare Products

Fix+
Rosehip Seed Oil
Turmeric Mask
Rosehip Oil

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to get clear skin, remove acne, and dark circles by farahdhukai

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products