April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - Olay Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by bows89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used this product for 2 years now (in the "corrector" shade) and it is the only thing that has ever completely erased my dark circles. This concealer is so great it can completely hide a hangover, or an all-nighter. I apply this with an ecotools concealer brush and then blend out the edges with my finger tips and apply foundation over the concealer/ corrector - it's great! I've told numerous friends about this and have converted a good number of them.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started wearing concealer last year and this was the first one that I decided to try. I was surprised by the price but decided that I had to start somewhere.
I actually really liked the feel of this product. It was super creamy and gentle for the eye area. Topped with a translucent powder it looked very natural, unfortunately after trying out this product for some time I decided/realized that it wasn't really the right shade for me. I also really like the packaging, it is simple but practical.
I have to say that although I am disappointed that I did not get to use this product as I should have, it has been over 6months and the product is still in great shape. It hasn't dried out at all (it seems). I've actually been using it lately as an eye shadow base. I know that is not it's purpose and I don't plan on repurchasing it for this purpose, but it is a good way to get some more use from it and so far it really isn't so bad.
If you find the right shade, I really think this a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by cr1000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got the color corrector and what a disappointment! I was really excited about trying this product. I was lured in by the name Simply Ageless and the graphics on all the advertising showing how the makeup glides on top of your skins fine lines instead of settling into them. Unfortunately it's all lies. lol

Not only did this color corrector settle into my fine lines and make me look OLDER, it's an orangey yellow rather than a light yellow (which is what every other color corrector I have ever used has been) making it a nightmare for anyone with fair skin. They only sell the one shade too.

And hello cakey under eyes! It did glide on initially (despite looking dried and cracked in the pot) but after only a few minutes it was cake city.

This product accentuates under eye imperfections.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Hooptie72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer that I have ever used, and I have tried a lot, from high end to drug store. I have rarely ever bought the same one twice. I was really having trouble with concealers settling into my fine lines. I am a few months away from 40 and decided it might be time to face the fact that my skin is shall we say, "maturing." I bought this and one made by Almay for maturing skin. This concealer never settles into my lines and stays put all day. I have always had trouble with dark circles starting to show half way through my day, but not with this stuff. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Im sad to write this rev. I was really looking fwd to this, especially after it took a stab at my wallet by being priced at $13 (its the most expensive DS concealer ever..a few more & i might as well try high end) Anyways I got the 'corrector' shade, as it seems to be quite popular on MUA. Sliding my finger across this yellow concealer, I was super impressed as to how silky this was (not the usual drying texture that makes me pull/tug my delicate eye area adding to the need of concealers) but soon this turned out to be its biggest downfall--its GREASY. I have dry skin & patting this under any concealer or on its own makes it shift instantly. I didn't even touch the white swirl, (but did so before completing rejecting this) & the grease turned into full blown OIL. How could anyone apply this & actually keep it on? What do the oily girls do? I tried it under/over foundation & nothing. Even more shocking: as I patted my powder on top to 'try' to set it, my brush had completely lifted what was left off & it fully transferred.Yes this gives a lovely full opaque coverage for right around 15 mins max then EPic fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ambersmiles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It is very easy to apply as it goes on smoothly and I like the creamy/silky texture it has. It feels great upon application too. The coverage is medium, not the best but does help cover under eye circles. What I don't like about this product is that it slides around and doesn't last all day.

I am about to run out of my second one, but I don't think I would buy it again as it does not stay in place on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this concealer on a whim, not expecting too much and I must say, I'm very pleased! I use a makeup brush to apply my concealer and it fits perfectly into this pot, picking up the perfect amount to put around my eyes. It's creamy, doesn't settle into fine lines and covers really well. I don't have dark circles, my eyes are more puffy and it really doesn't help the puffiness but it certainly covers all the discolorations and redness. My skin is fair/medium and I bought the "light" shade and it's perfect. This is a drugstore product that far exceeds most department store products that cost much more. Highly recommend for aging, dry skin, maybe not so much for oily skin as it might be a little too greasy but you'd just have to test it out to see. My skin is so dry that I can't comment on how it would work on oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Yasue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the BEST products I bought in the last year.

I was a Bobbi Brown pro artist while I was still working and I am super picky about concealers! This replaces Bobbi's expensive concealer for me.

I can tell everyone the secret to getting this under the eye area so that it is completely flawless.

Apply it with a concealer brush and gently pat it down--no rubbing or pulling!

You want a yellow synthetic tipped brush that's not super thin or super fat and that comes to a tapered point. The tip should be about 3/8 of an inch and soft enough to flex a bit. Sally Beauty has a great concealer brush for a sane price.

The brush will allow you to get it all the way to the lash line without it settling into lines. Start on the circle under the eye and use what's left on the brush at the lash line.

Set it with a super fine, talc free powder so it never gets cakey if you're dry. I set mine with E.L.F.'s translucent High Definition Powder and it doesn't wear off and remains flawless all day/night.

This gives me the full coverage concealer I needed desperately for my red/blue middle aged circles. Because of the discoloration under my eyes, I apply a fine layer of the corrective (yellow) version of this product where I need it first. Then I layer the fairest shade (I'm pale) over it and where I don't have discoloration.

That may sound like a lot of work, but once you have the routine down, it's easy. If there's one product that brightens the face more than anything, it's concealer! Without the right one, everything else looks you wear can look bad!

Also: if you are dry around the eye area, don't forget to use an eye cream first!

28 out of 29 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I want to like this, I really do ... it glides on so creamily [even though coverage is a little sheer] and the color match is pretty good. Once it's on your face, nothing will move it [though I'm testing in a dry Canadian winter on a dry face, so that might change with skin type/weather] but ...once it dries ..it dries to a gross, sheer, powdery texture on my eyes. On my cheeks it has been fine, surprisingly. Still there hours later, and almost undetectable. Almost. I could happily do with it being a little dewier. This gross undereye texture starts emphasizing otherwise virtually undetectable fine lines as soon as it starts to set - NOT an attractive look - it makes my dark but otherwise smooth undereyes look PUFFY. And wrinkly. And unfortunately, they are not creases that can be smudged away - they dry that way and they SET until the high heavens fall apart. At my ripe old age [hah], not what I'm going for - at all. I'd rather pay the extra two or three bucks [thank you SO much, Canadian prices] and get TheBalm's TimeBalm undereye wrinkle-free concealer. [Which has to be ordered since it isn't available in Sephora anymore - GACK] When I used it a few years ago, it was magic in a tiny pot. Will review again soon, as maybe things have changed...

Also, unless you spew oil like a grease fryer --- DO NOT POWDER over this. It is sooo dry. And I say this despite the fact that I moisturize with oil!

Also, I don't believe a word of the Olay regenerist cream junk. Chemicals are chemicals - nobody is investing in improving your skin; only ruining it slowly to make consumers dependent on the beauty product industry. Food for thought...enjoy :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by MelanieKristinRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: This product offers really nice coverage but it's creamy enough that you're not tugging at your eyes when you apply it. I find that using a foundation brush gives me the best results and an opaque finish. You only need a little bit for coverage.
Cons: It sometimes settles into fine lines under eye if not used with primer or a decent moisturized. Also, if you have terrible undereye circles, this will definitely make an improvement, but you will need a yellow corrector, as well.
Overall, though, this is my favorite undereye concealer that I've purchased.