October 24, 2014 | 835 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by nadyastwt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't believe this is product is total crap. The reason why i bought this product is because i ran out of my UD Primer Potion, and was thinking to give another eye primer a try. But choosing this product was a HUGE mistake for me. It is very expensive for a primer that really does NOTHING. The packaging is even worse. It pumps out way too much product that sometimes the product has separated into oil and paste, and its really really hard to blend.

I have very oily lids, and the first time i tried this product, my shadow creased in less than 2 hours. I've tried a few times, but it just never worked for me. It's a really a waste of money since i bought this in a full size. Well, I'm sorry benefit, i guess I'm just going to stick to my UD Primer Potion then.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE** 01/27/14

I don't use this anymore. All I needed was a change of foundation & concealer application & that helps with any problems I was having prior to using the Stay Don't Stray. Now, I find this to be an unessecary product/step in my routine & I actually prefer the way my eye area looks when I don't use this. I began to notice it would make my concealer look kind of "crepey" and thick. Not horrible but I wouldn't repurchase.

___________________________________________________

I LOVE this product! I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I do wish they'd market it differently, I feel like it makes a better primer for your concealer rather then for shadows but I guess that wouldn't appeal to a lot of people. This is an HG product for me and I don't know any other brand that makes a product like this. Smash box and Mac I know make under eye primers but those are for under your foundation which honestly you can use your face primer the same way and it'll work the same. But this is a different breed, its not an under eye primer its a concealer primer so it works over your foundation before your concealer and I actually see a huge difference with this. I really love this to bits and it has really made a difference with the way my makeup looks. I'm super glad I decided to give this a try. A lot of people might think they don't need this but I know I do.
HOW I APPLY IT:
I use it not only as a concealer primer but it also works as a brightener/ corrector. It has a slightly pinkish/peachy/light beige tone similar to some, it does provide some coverage and really corrects the veining on my lids and I concentrate some in the inner corners blending out on my under eyes where the darkness is worst. It smooths out easily as its very creamy and light, you also don't need much product.I also use my fingers to really melt it into my skin to smooth it out better.
THE DIFFERENCE IT MAKES:
I used to look tired even when I packed on my concealer and I always had to pack it on layer upon layer but my concealer never layered well. This makes it so I don't have to layer my concealer, I only need 1 layer now (I use Mac Pro Long wear Concealer) and my concealer doesn't crease at all, lasts even longer and I look so much more wide awake and my eye area looks brighter. Its like it grabs onto your concealer. It's not drying at all and is really easy to work with.
FOR BEST RESULTS:
Moisturize and prime your eye area well (use a hydrating primer) and smooth this on immediately after foundation, use a small amount of product over lids and areas of darkness with your finger then apply your concealer over it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by unlacedslowly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A friend bought this for me for my birthday and I tried it today and wow!!! It completely wiped my shadow off! I was so disappointed with it. It looked great at at first but two hours later, there's like nothing left on my lid. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Charlotte38

This is fine and all, but not for me. My issue is that this is SUPER expensive for a primer, and only about 4 hours after applying, my eyeshadow creases like crazy, and I look like I just got out of bed. My eyeshadow creases the same time without primer as with primer. On the bright side, it does my undereyes too, but I'm still not crazy about it. Also the packaging is a wand now.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Miffylabbit

This is suppose to be an eye primer but it does not work as one. I had tried more than once and all the time by end of day it gave me panda eye boo hoo... :( Well, maybe it does not work well for our asian climate.

Also on the review on the package, it pumps out too much portion for each pump and cause a wastage.

For the price of this, I am very disapponted on the performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lovemejuicy

I was at the store looking for a good undereye concealer that was easy to apply, it matched my skin tone, and didn't crease. I was about to leave when I saw this. I figured this may help my concealer stay put and not crease. I tried it on the back of my hand and I found that it matched my skin tone perfectly. I let it set and it did not budge. I immediately fell in love with it because I tried it on my under eyes and it blended and matched so well! I actually decided to purchase it and use it as an undereye concealer. It even brightens my eyes. I have this in the medium/deep shade and I have medium skin tone. The more I use it the more I love it. I believe they changed the packaging because the one I have is not a pump as shown in the picture. Mine comes worth a wand applicator like a Lipgloss. Which I absolutely love because I get more control of how much product I put on and it a also makes it a lot less messy than a pump.

Now the CONS... even though I do love the wand applicator the downside to that is that I imagine that once I start running out, a lot of product will probably be left in the tube without me being able to get it out.
Another bad thing is that although i truly am crazy about this product, I wouldn't buy it as an eyeshadow primer which is what it really is intended for. It is an Ok eyeshadow primer but definitely not the best. And if in going to pay $26 for this I definitely want something that is more than just Ok.

I would buy this again because it works wonders as an undereye concealer for me. I LOVE it! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mikee888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is awful. i've tried this for about two months now with no avail. maybe my eyelids are too oily for this stuff, but hey its a primer, thats what it's supposed to help with in the first place. with this stuff, my eyeshadow lasted no longer then it would without a primer. also, if you rub it in, wait a minute or so for it to dry, then rub it again, IT COMES OFF IN CLUMPS. it balls up and comes right off. thats how you know a product is cheaply made. i will not repurchase. also, this is a decent price for a primer, but i rated it as expensive because the price is deffinetly not worth if for the quality you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this as a concealer around my eyes and nose, and it works great for that, helps my foundation stay on in those areas that usually melt off on my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a pretty large sample of this primer and, having never used a shadow primer before I wasn't sure what to expect. I have since tried a few others and can say that this is *not* something I would buy again.

First impression: Comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator like a lip gloss which makes it easy to get the appropriate amount of product. The product itself is a neutral-to-warm toned buff/beige - not unlike a concealor for light-to-medium (warm) skin. For me, this means I have to be very careful not to get any primer anywhere I don't plan to cover with opaque shadow as the color looks orange on me (like a bad concealor job) and warms up the color of sheer shadows making them look wrong for my skin tone.

As far as functionality, this primer did make colors "pop" a bit and prevented my usual, almost immediate, creasing for a while. But I still noticed creases 2 or 3 hours into wear and any e/s I tried still faded at the same speed as with no primer.

I also noticed that when I used this daily for a week or so, my eyelids got really dry and a bit flaky.

Overall, not a great product IMHO. Especially considering there are far better products out there for far lower prices. It gets 2 lippies, only because it *may* work for someone with warmer toned skin and perhaps very oily eyelids.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got plenty of samples of this and have used it quite a bit to try to make it work, but it's just not a good product. It does make your eyeshadows give more true to pan color, but it does not help the shadows stay at all. I used it a few times under my eyes as a concealer, which worked all right, and that's what I'd suggest it be used for. But as a primer it's a joke.