Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pros:

Dark color
Buildable
Works well With other types of mascara
Doesn't clump or fleck
Nice brush, packaging

Not my favorite though, it doesn't add enough volume or length...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried today a bestselling mascara by Soap and Glory (their Thick and Fast one) and then I have appreciated how wonderful this mascara by Dior is.

S&G product is some kind of a joke which creates clumpy, short lashes that smudge after 2 hours under my eyes on a dry day.

Diorshow Extase it is a completely different story. I have been always advocating not buying a designer, expensive product ( Chanel Inimmitable, what a waste of maney it was!) but after experience with this one I have to eat my own words.

The brush is a genius - my eyelashes are voluminous, long, black, lush, glossy and separated, holding the curl, just BEAUTIFUL. This mascara could work as my whole eyemakeup on a good day. I do not even need two coats!

It smudges very slightly under my eyes after about 5-6 hours but I can live with it ( I am using a very greasy undereye sunscreen product so it might be its fault, usually a good curl helps to minimase it), it does not budge otherwise until I am taking my makeup off in the evening.

Worth every penny and I am going to buy another one soon (this one was with me for more than 4 months now and as it is still perfectly wet and working I am still affraid of an eye infection and I tend to chuck any eyeproducts after 4 months of use).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The best volumizing/lengthening mascara. It even curled my lashes! I LOVE this mascara!

it is an ok mascara nothing special really. Too expensive

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Used a clean brush to apply, not the one in the tube, this is a good idea with any new tube. Went on very nice, filled in, curled a little, and stayed all day without smearing below the eye. So far so good!

When i first got this, it always smudged, making me look like a raccoon! But after putting it aside for a few months, i was bored and found this again, tried it on, and it not only didnt smudge on me anymore, but it also lengthens my eyelashes! i have short asian lashes and putting these on actually makes me look like i have falsies on or something!
it's not a heavy formula, so my lashes actually stays curly throughout the day too :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I dont know why this doesnt have better reviews! I love this mascara. It does not curl much but its amazing for lengthening. I have long eyelashes to begin with but they are practically in my eyebrows. Cannot wait to try after using an eyelash curler! It beats the DiorShow waterproof for me- definitely !! Expensive? Sure but worth it to me. I mix it up also using cheaper mascaras so I don't see the price as an issue.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara, although I have to say it isn't for everybody and I'm not surprised to see the mixed reviews. My lashes are long and thin and I need something to plump them up and darken them. This stuff gives me really dramatic lashes, I have gotten so many compliments since I started using it. In photos it looks like I am wearing false lashes. This stuff is thick and wet and I wouldn't recommend it for most girls for an everyday mascara unless you like the super dramatic look. I have very dark eyes and features and love having dramatic lashes so for me this mascara was a win.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the Diorshow Iconic, but Extase is a disappointment. It doesn't separate and define my lashes well enough, they always look a bit spidery. It's getting a little better now that I've had it open for about 2 months, but at the beginning it was way too wet. It also smudges, a problem that I rarely experience with mascaras. I think it would perform much much better if the tube would do a better job of scraping excess off the brush as you're pulling it out. It would really help to make it less clumpy. As I would expect from Dior, the packaging is stunning. But overall I wouldn't re-purchase this mascara. I would rate it a 3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I purchased this mascara a little over a month ago and I've only used it about 2 times.... that probably says it all. The formula is extremely wet, it akes my lashes stick together, not clumpy at all but it definately does NOT volumize my eyelashes. For $28 its a rip off!! If you want to spend forever on your eyelashes you can probably ake it work, but with my busy life.... I have no time to figure out how to make this work. Maybe once it dries a little I can get better results. Over all, NOT WORTH IT!!

Popular Mascaras