October 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure that this isn't just concealer repackaged and re-marketed as an eyeshadow base because that's exactly what it seems like to me. It's way too greasy to be a good ES base, even if you only use the smallest amount. It didn't make my shadow last any longer although it did make it a tiny bit more vibrant. However, I still don't see any difference at all between this product and a concealer. Furthermore, the color is pretty dark and VERY yellow-toned which looks freaky on my fair, cool-toned skin.

I do use it occasionally when I'm really tired to neutralize some of the purple on my lids but then again, I can do the exact same thing with concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging, I like the product and for the price it is soooo worth it. This little beauty was one of my first e/s bases and I love it. Sometimes it can be a bit stiff - you just need to let your finger warm it up a bit. It ever creases and suits my skin beautifully. It also keeps my eyeshadows on and provides a great canvas to work with. I have had mine over a year and there is still a ton left!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

These are fantastic! Super creamy and doesn't look cakey or crease. Makes my eyeshadow really pop and keeps them their till I want to remove them! These are soo worth the purchase, I also have this in the White and Pearl as well.
I sometimes just wear this alone, just the colour alone gives my eye lids that naked and bright/refresh look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by sandi149

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is not bad....they really shouldn't call it skin tone as not everyone's skin tone is the color of this product. I know it is a bit dark for me. It does keep my shadow on all day but I can't use it with certain colors as it will show through. Best to use it with neutral colors such as browns, tans and golds. I do think it works very well as a base. I just wish it was lighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like some Nyx products but not this one. I bought it as a cheap option for a primer. You might as well use concealer as a base. This is skin colored and people with oily lids might like it because it does prevent oily lids. I have dry lids and this was uncomfortable on them. It didn't do much to intensify or add ease to blending my shadows. I also don't like having to dip my finger in the jar although you could use a brush. Please go out and the e.l.f. one it works much better and it's the one I'm using currently.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Foua

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love when using this, I can still easily blend my eyeshadow.
Does not crease, i have normal skin type f.y.i.
The amount goes a long way.
...Use a certain brush, instead of a finger, small enough to dig in the pot and with the right tip to apply onto the lid.
This is a staple out of my make up stash.
I bought this for $3.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Meg14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is way too dark for me to be skin tone, it changes the color of my lighter eyeshadow and creases even more than just plain eyeshadow (no base). If you have oily lids, like me, this is terrible, it may work better of you have dry lids. Personally I'd rather spend the extra $ on UD primer potion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by rwarrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great base, definitely makes eyeshadows stand out more. It doesn't hold up for as long as I'd like it to, but will get me through a work day or through a night. Fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this base, alternating with other primers and bases I have to see which one works best and with which eyeshadows. This one is not bad. Surprisingly, this base seems to work really well with my Mac eyeshadows. I have oily eyelids that tend to crease. I also have allergies and often times have issues with watery eyes. So far, so good. I like how the base in skin tone evens out the color of the lid. Like another reviewer mentioned, I don't believe it makes shadows brighter but I think it definitely helps the colors show up true to shade and it helps the product adhere to the lid. I like the consistency. It is not too thick and not to thin and easily blends out on the lid with a brush or your ring finger. The price was pretty good considering the amount of product you get versus how much you use. I purchased mine when it was 40% off. I will see how well this continues to works once it is at the peak of summer with blazing heat and sun exposure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a review before, but after using this for months and months, I decided to write one again.

I've really come to enjoy this product. I've never had an eye primer, but this does a decent job. It doesn't perfect it, but having oily lids and my eyeshadow lasting through most of the day, I really do like it. I'm sure once I get a primer, it will be awesome.

For some reason, it's much darker than in the pictures. It's the average skin tone, but I have light skin, so if it's not covered, it sucks, but I'm not complaining too much.

I've also discovered a good use for this. Right now I'm using it as my dark eye concealer. I'm only 19, but I've had horrible dark circles under my eyes ever since I was 13. I ran out of concealer and bought two others which I lost and I didn't have enough money to get a new one, so I put this on. I have to "set" it quickly because it will get into the bags underneath my eyes and crease, but I feel like it does a decent job because when days I don't use it, I notice I look horrible.

If you're looking to start out, or don't want to pay a lot, I think this would be great for you. It's not a miracle product, but once I run out, I WILL be purchasing this again.

PS: My mom found out I was using this and borrowed it, and never gave it back. My mom NEVER does that. She has her HG items and never likes to try something, so the fact that she did that says something a little :P