July 25, 2014 | 1805 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by MeganCrawford

I love it- I buy the big salon one from QVC. Keeps my coloured hair smooth and stops the frizz. Excellent!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by popkid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Who cares if the packaging isnt all that?-THIS WORKS!

Having wavy hair prone to frizz and curls under times of stress, humidity and rain my barnet was in need of some major TLC due to overstyling after my hairdresser went chop happy with the front section of my do.

This actually does whack some moisture and life back into lacklustre locks! The first try was good like an avererage conditioner and the second time I left it on my damp hair whilst in the shower and it was SILKY, GLEAMING AND BABY SOFT! My hair is fine wavy and unmanageable but it was so soft and smooth after this.

Im now going to try his styling product- Straight-anyone tried it?

The scalp mask also rocks! These are two things you wont end up throwing in the bin!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by artcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really a wonder potion. I was ready for a haircut to give some shape to my fine, colored and highlighted hair and then I used the elasticizer, wrapped it and left it on for a couple of hours. After I washed and conditioned, I got this silky healthy hair of many years ago! The second time my hair got even better. I had been using mostly Kerastase for a couple of years but there is no comparison to this- I must check out other Philip Kingsley stuff. My hair is also a lot less frizzy. I guess it could weigh down some types of hair, but for my hair it is THE HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by SuperNude

I used to have the worst itchy flaky scalp condition ever - it was utterly embarassing. I tried every single brand under the sun. Phyto, Aveda, Kerastase, Head & Shoulders, Nizoral, to name but a few. None have been as effective as the Philip Kingsley range. Elasticizer definitely requires perseverence. I did not notice a huge difference immediately but I noticed a marked improvement in my hair condition after 2 - 3 months of using the product range as a whole. I would use Elasticizer fortnightly wrap my hair in a plastic bag and cover with a hot towel / occasionally use on dry hair as a leave in moisturizer during summer when my ends would become bleached by sun and chlorine. This is a high quality product and I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mariets1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, it makes my hair soft and luxurious but it's really expensive. A 500ml jar is 40, about $75, but it's worth it if your hair needs a lot of help..

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by gwendals922

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

simply put, this stuff did NOTHING for my hair. n-o-t-h-i-n-g. this stuff sucks! i don't understand all the great reviews about it, but i'm glad it worked for someone, because it didn't do anything at all for my hair! fyi, i have highlighted, color-treated curly hair of medium length. i've had much better luck with joico's intense hydrator as well as sundari's neem and coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by papillonfr

This stuff is absolutely amazing! Although it is supposed to be a pre-shampooing treatment, I use it after shampooing and before conditioning, I leave it on my hair for about 5 mins and afterwards my hair is silky soft and shiny (usually it is frizzy and unmanageable). The only downsides are the packaging (the pump stops working after a while) and the price - it is very expensive, although I would say the price is worth paying. Also dont try using it more than once a week, when I first bought it I loved it so much I used it everyday, but it didnt make any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by carolynrelihan

I have fine, colour-damaged blonde hair which has a delightful tendency to snarl up, break off, AND become oily quickly. Just lovely. The beauty of this stuff is that it sorts out the snarls and dryness from the damage I've done, but it doesn't turn my head into an oil-slick after use. I love it: I put it on once a week at night, cover with a shower cap, and rinse off the next morning. The only downside is the irritating packaging (a pump on a squat ungainly plastic bottle), which is not particularly effective or ergonomic. It's not cheap, either, but since it works so well and it lasts a long time, that's not really an issue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was thinking of getting a Kerastase mask as I have a good experience with the Oleo Relax one, but having heard good things about this treatment, I purchased this instead. I am glad I did as this product is simply incredible! My hair is slightly fine, wavy, a bit frizzy, and often a little dry as well and this really works miracles on my hair. Now my hair is so incredibly soft, silky smooth and lighter. My waves are more defined and it helps with tangles as well. I bought a mini-kit which had this in it so I could try it before buying the full-size as it is quite pricey, but when I ran out, I went and bought the 500ml bottle as this has become an essential product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has worked wonders for my hair, which is permed yearly and ends up being a frizzed nightmare with split ends. But this hair mask is miraculous, I never ever trusted hair masks before having used various brands, but this one really works! One thing is that you've got to be consistent using it as the effect wears off within a week.