April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Hair - Philip Kingsley - Elasticizer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by SuperNude

I used to have the worst itchy flaky scalp condition ever - it was utterly embarassing. I tried every single brand under the sun. Phyto, Aveda, Kerastase, Head & Shoulders, Nizoral, to name but a few. None have been as effective as the Philip Kingsley range. Elasticizer definitely requires perseverence. I did not notice a huge difference immediately but I noticed a marked improvement in my hair condition after 2 - 3 months of using the product range as a whole. I would use Elasticizer fortnightly wrap my hair in a plastic bag and cover with a hot towel / occasionally use on dry hair as a leave in moisturizer during summer when my ends would become bleached by sun and chlorine. This is a high quality product and I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mariets1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing, it makes my hair soft and luxurious but it's really expensive. A 500ml jar is 40, about $75, but it's worth it if your hair needs a lot of help..

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by gwendals922

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

simply put, this stuff did NOTHING for my hair. n-o-t-h-i-n-g. this stuff sucks! i don't understand all the great reviews about it, but i'm glad it worked for someone, because it didn't do anything at all for my hair! fyi, i have highlighted, color-treated curly hair of medium length. i've had much better luck with joico's intense hydrator as well as sundari's neem and coconut oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by papillonfr

This stuff is absolutely amazing! Although it is supposed to be a pre-shampooing treatment, I use it after shampooing and before conditioning, I leave it on my hair for about 5 mins and afterwards my hair is silky soft and shiny (usually it is frizzy and unmanageable). The only downsides are the packaging (the pump stops working after a while) and the price - it is very expensive, although I would say the price is worth paying. Also dont try using it more than once a week, when I first bought it I loved it so much I used it everyday, but it didnt make any difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by carolynrelihan

I have fine, colour-damaged blonde hair which has a delightful tendency to snarl up, break off, AND become oily quickly. Just lovely. The beauty of this stuff is that it sorts out the snarls and dryness from the damage I've done, but it doesn't turn my head into an oil-slick after use. I love it: I put it on once a week at night, cover with a shower cap, and rinse off the next morning. The only downside is the irritating packaging (a pump on a squat ungainly plastic bottle), which is not particularly effective or ergonomic. It's not cheap, either, but since it works so well and it lasts a long time, that's not really an issue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was thinking of getting a Kerastase mask as I have a good experience with the Oleo Relax one, but having heard good things about this treatment, I purchased this instead. I am glad I did as this product is simply incredible! My hair is slightly fine, wavy, a bit frizzy, and often a little dry as well and this really works miracles on my hair. Now my hair is so incredibly soft, silky smooth and lighter. My waves are more defined and it helps with tangles as well. I bought a mini-kit which had this in it so I could try it before buying the full-size as it is quite pricey, but when I ran out, I went and bought the 500ml bottle as this has become an essential product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has worked wonders for my hair, which is permed yearly and ends up being a frizzed nightmare with split ends. But this hair mask is miraculous, I never ever trusted hair masks before having used various brands, but this one really works! One thing is that you've got to be consistent using it as the effect wears off within a week.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by angel290385

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised to see such good reviews on this product. For me this made little difference to my hair. My hair doesn't feel soft after I use this nor in better condition. I achieve much better results with Aussie 3 minute miracle for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by d_E_S_S

This was very, very good. I tried this for the first time last night - I wet my hair, and sprayed my hair with Kerastase Vita Ciment Treatment first, and then layered this on. After it air-dried, I went to bed, and shampoosed/rinsed off this morning.

The result was VERY easily-detangled, very strong hair, maybe 3 strands of broken hair. Can't say it was as soft as Redken All Soft, or as shiny as a lot of the other products out there, but the anti-breakage and anti-frizz was incredible. Contrast this with a LOT (think handful) of broken strands if I just use the Kerastase Vita Ciment and Redken All Soft Treatment Spray.

My hair is very damaged from regular perming, and since it is very fine to begin with, it breaks *extremely* easily, and so I need both a anti-breakage and moisturizing treatment. I have tried many, many, many anti-breakage (protein, keratin) treatments, including Biolustre, Kerastase, and moisturiziing treatments including Redken All Soft, Biolage, Terax, L'Oreal Professional, and Kerastase Aqua Oleum. So, I was very skeptical when I tried the Elasticizer (particularly because I thought the Philip Kingsley Volumizing Shampoo s*cked), and particularly because, looking at the ingredients list (major ingredient is castor oil), I assumed it would be moisturizing at best, but I must say I was rather impressed at how well it performed even as an anti-breakage treatment. of course, it could partly be attributed to the Kerastase as well, but given that i've used that product before and still managed to get a handful of broken strands, I have to credit the bulk of the work to the Elasticizer. I will try it on its own one time and report back though. If it manages to do everything on its own, I would classify it as HG. Fingers crossed!

PS - Because of the castor oil content, I also apply some on my lashes at night, and find that there seems to be more lash growth (volume, not length). For this, there are small 20ml travel size packets, which is easier for detail applications like lashes. Try it!

Update: Have tried exactly the same process 3-4 more times since then. More breakage, but still remarkably less than if I had just used Kerastase Vita Ciment Spray in combination with any other product. Somehow, this has some strengthening properties as well as the moisturizing component. If anything, I think my hair is strong enough that most of the lost strands are coming from shedding (they have hair bulbs attached to the end) than breakage. Pretty good!!

2nd Update: After constant use of 6 months, I think my hair has gotten used to it as I can't seem to repeat the success of the first week - while soft, a lot of breakage. Have moved onto Kerastase Voile Nuit which seems to help with the breakage - impressively so. Will continue to use this for moisture.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kinksandcoils

I posted this review also on Naturallycurly.com:

Okay so I tried it. My hair is the shiniest it has been in a while! I can't looking in the mirror and swishing my hair around. My ends are also defined today which is one of my hair goals. My ends have been driving me crazy. Very dry and undefined. I'm refusing to trim because I'm trying to grow and need to experiment with my hair products on this issue so I can achieve some length. I need to break that cycle.

This is a pre-shampoo hair mask and it wasn't exactly the most slippery conditioner I have ever used. I wondered if I wasted my money but the results I'm seeing now that it has dried is proof enough. I'll try it a few more times to make sure this isn't some fluke.

Ingredients: Aqua, Ricinus Communis (Castor oil) , Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethyl Hexyl Dimethyl PABA, Olea Europea (Olive Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetylpryidinium Chloride, Hydrolysed Elastin, Amodiethicone, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No