Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

4.4

Aqua (Water), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA, Olea Europaea (Olive) Husk Oil, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Methylparaben, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate.

on 2/6/2009 2:51:00 PM

Agree with Missy's earlier review: I'm baffled as to why this receives so many plaudits. It does absolutely nothing for my not-so-badly-damaged hair. I initially thought it was due to my application method, but after varying amount, dampness of my hair and time left on it still does nothing!shame, as I really wanted it to work, especially after falling for the hype and purchasing a salonsize bottle...

on 12/21/2008 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I like to try lots of brands, and i must say, i always have this in my bathroom as a treatment, it really hydrates and adds elasticity, as it claims, i would use again, (will use tomorrow LOL) and would recommend it. Along with their shampoo/conditioner for curly hair, (mine is mad curly hair) help with frizz too.

on 11/10/2008 4:55:00 PM

LOVE IT! you only need the smallest amount of this product to do its job -- i purchased this product and only used the cream that was stuck in the top of the lid when i first opened the jar. if you have fine hair like i do, it says not to use a lot, and try to keep the product at the roots. i was having a long series of bad hair days before using this product. so far, it has been 2 weeks and my hair is still going strong. just overall healthy! seems to have reversed the damage from sun, color + the elements. AMAZING! i plan on using this again once my hair feels dry again. so far that hasnt happened yet! product suggests using on a consistent basis - at the rate i am using this, the jar will last me a long time!

on 10/31/2008 3:48:00 AM

i usually follow all of MUAs reviews,, but this time you people were wrong!!!! this stuff is terrible!!!! i put it in washed it out and had greasy greasy hair afterward...i had to get back in the shower and shampoo my head again...trust me i like the heavy duty repair moisture for my highlighted extra dry hair but this just made it a grease slick....do NOT reccomend...

I love it- I buy the big salon one from QVC. Keeps my coloured hair smooth and stops the frizz. Excellent!

on 6/5/2008 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Who cares if the packaging isnt all that?-THIS WORKS!

Having wavy hair prone to frizz and curls under times of stress, humidity and rain my barnet was in need of some major TLC due to overstyling after my hairdresser went chop happy with the front section of my do.

This actually does whack some moisture and life back into lacklustre locks! The first try was good like an avererage conditioner and the second time I left it on my damp hair whilst in the shower and it was SILKY, GLEAMING AND BABY SOFT! My hair is fine wavy and unmanageable but it was so soft and smooth after this.

Im now going to try his styling product- Straight-anyone tried it?

The scalp mask also rocks! These are two things you wont end up throwing in the bin!

on 5/15/2008 5:42:00 AM

This is really a wonder potion. I was ready for a haircut to give some shape to my fine, colored and highlighted hair and then I used the elasticizer, wrapped it and left it on for a couple of hours. After I washed and conditioned, I got this silky healthy hair of many years ago! The second time my hair got even better. I had been using mostly Kerastase for a couple of years but there is no comparison to this- I must check out other Philip Kingsley stuff. My hair is also a lot less frizzy. I guess it could weigh down some types of hair, but for my hair it is THE HG!

on 5/6/2008 8:19:00 PM

I used to have the worst itchy flaky scalp condition ever - it was utterly embarassing. I tried every single brand under the sun. Phyto, Aveda, Kerastase, Head & Shoulders, Nizoral, to name but a few. None have been as effective as the Philip Kingsley range. Elasticizer definitely requires perseverence. I did not notice a huge difference immediately but I noticed a marked improvement in my hair condition after 2 - 3 months of using the product range as a whole. I would use Elasticizer fortnightly wrap my hair in a plastic bag and cover with a hot towel / occasionally use on dry hair as a leave in moisturizer during summer when my ends would become bleached by sun and chlorine. This is a high quality product and I would recommend.

on 4/7/2008 9:14:00 PM

This stuff is amazing, it makes my hair soft and luxurious but it's really expensive. A 500ml jar is 40, about $75, but it's worth it if your hair needs a lot of help..

on 4/2/2008 8:56:00 PM

simply put, this stuff did NOTHING for my hair. n-o-t-h-i-n-g. this stuff sucks! i don't understand all the great reviews about it, but i'm glad it worked for someone, because it didn't do anything at all for my hair! fyi, i have highlighted, color-treated curly hair of medium length. i've had much better luck with joico's intense hydrator as well as sundari's neem and coconut oil.

Popular Hair Products