July 24, 2014 | 969 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've never used a highlighter before but wanted to try it for fun. I decided to get this product after reading all the rave reviews here. Thank you MUA for another HG product! This is definitely worth the £15 I paid on Amazon UK. (Cosmetics shopping is not cheap in Europe)

I have normal/combo skin with slightly larger pores on my nose and surrounding cheek area. I also have freckles, which is why I stayed away from highlighters all these years. I figured that highlighters would just emphasize them - not good. To my surprise, this one didn't! It gave me a beautiful glow, not glittery or shiny, just glowy. It goes on smoothly but doesn't blend very well so use a small amount of product each time and build it up slowly. I used a fan blush to apply to my upper cheeks and nose bridge and a smudge brush to apply to my cupid's bow and brow bone. It also lasts a good 6 hours on me and doesn't cause any breakouts to my slightly sensitive skin. The colour is fantastic and looks very natural on my medium skin tone with yellow undertones. You really get what you paid for; with 8.5g of product, this will last a very long time. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this is a holy grail product, Its super duper pigmented and i don't need to reapply during the day. Be sure to use a light hand with the product as it can give off a slightly metallic look if your not careful. The price is great because the product is amazing. The only downfall i personally think on darker skin tones it looks ashy which can sometimes look unflattering in my opinion. The balm needs to make another shade more versitile for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this highlighter! I have yet to be disappointed with a theBalm product.

I'm warm medium toned and was a little scared that this champagne colored highligher would be too frosty and cool-toned on me. It's not! I apply this to my cheekbones with a fan brush, which I think is key. It looks really natural. I don't find it too glittery or metallic. Typically, I don't really see it in the mirror when I apply it, but when I step out into the sun, it's definitely there.

The packaging is really cute, and I haven't encountered any problems. You get a lot of product, and since a little goes a long way, this highlighter will last quite a while.

If you're looking for a natural highlighter, this one is great. Just make sure to apply with a fan brush to avoid looking super metallic. Also, keep in mind that even if you don't see it in the mirror right away, it actually is there already.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

purchased off hautelook for half off :) I don't regret this at all. its close to nars albatross on me but not as shimmery. I am nc45 in mac and I am oily but as a highlight this is awesome.
love this product! and I feel that the warm champagne color of this product suits me perfectly. It's not *too* shimmery like other highlighters can be, its worth every penny even if u buy from website.. see my pics on this product on youtube

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite shimmered highlighter by far! I had to pay $30 for it but at least I will have it forever! Definetly worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by fushiarose1

This is by far the Best highlight I've ever tried. Yes it is a little more pricey than I would usually pay for a highlighter at the drugstore, but it is so worth it. It gives my skin a beautiful glow and I constantly get compliments on it. It also has a lot of product, I have been using it constantly for eight months now and it still looks brand new. It is a very multi-purpose product, you can use it on your eyes, cupid's bow, cheekbones. Keep in mind you have to use a very light hand otherwise you can go from pretty glow to disco ball. Overall, this is an amazing product and I really recommend investing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

This is my first high-end (or more expenvive-ish) powder highlighter and I think it's worth every penny. It is silkier, lasts longer and the package feels sturdier and more reliable than my drugstore highlighters. Also, I think it's going to last a really long time, because I have been using it everyday for the last 10 days and it hardly looks like it's been touched. No regrets. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This a beautiful highlighter. I typically prefer a cream-based highlight because I like the dewy glow, but this is just stunning. You'll need to use a light hand tho. Aside from highlighting, this is so pretty when placed on the lid -- especially if you apply with your fingers -- the color will be more concentrated. It brightens up the eyes. I like this on my lid with a taupe in the crease and it's a wearable, everyday eye look. I also LOVE the packaging. Feels sturdy, cute graphics and nice mirror. I don't think I'll be running out of this any time soon -- it is a massive amount of product. I got mine for 50% off on Hautelook. Watch for deals!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by cleotokos

I love this! I'm NC25 and this gives the perfect yellow-y glow to my skin. I use a fan brush to apply just a bit on top of my cheekbones daily. I don't find it too much for daytime at all, it just gives a healthy glow - no glitter or sparkle. Love love love!! Best highlighter I've ever come acrosss and I've tried a lot - Benefit High Beam, ELF palette, Sonia Kashuk, Benefit Watts Up, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

My friends always told me about Mary and I never believed. But now that I have it I can't stop using it when I go out at night! The bright effect even shows up when I take pictures! I just don't like using at day time because I like the more natural look.. but this highlighter it's the best I've ever tried so far!