July 26, 2014 | 1674 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer spf15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I purchased this during the summer, and took it on vacation with me. I've used other tinted moisturizers in the past, and I do like this. The staying power isn't the best, so I have to take one star off. The coverage is very good for a drugstore product. The product contains SPF, and you can smell a hint of it in the product. The bottle is a squeeze tube, and i've heard others complain about separation but I didn't notice any of that. The price is good, under $10. There is only I believe 3 color selections, I believe i'm the 2nd color? I think it's called tan, I can't remember. I definitely recommend checking this out if your in the market for a tinted moisturizer, for the price it's definitely worth trying out and you may fall in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Kooliebyrdz

I have this TM from HC and the TM from laura mercier and I have to say they both work the same for me. They both even out my skin and i love the texture and how light it feels on my skin. I worn on one side of my face, the HC TM and the other side LM TM and I couldnt tell the difference and they both lasted long. For 8 dollars this is a steal. The only problem is that the product separates after 2 months but it still works as well as when I first brought it, it just looks odd in the see through bottle. The packaging is cute and sanitary since it is in a squeeze tube. Well repurchase this little wonder and I won't have to shell out 42 dollars for the TM from Laura mercier.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by montrealvixen

For reference, I'm either a C3 for max studio fix powder, and I bought this tinted moisturizer in Light. A little background story. I was on vacation and my luggage was lost, and i was left without my beloved Laura Mercier TM. I was on my way to a holiday party and I needed a tinted moisturizer (I have clear, easy skin. It isn't sensitive at all. Combination with a little redness on my cheeks and around my nose). I ran over to Walmart, seeing as it was the closest place and picked this up. I've gotta say, I like it. For a drugstore tinted moisturizer, it really does get the job done fairly well. Because I don't need much coverage, this did more than enough for me! I loved the consistency, as it's pretty full coverage for a TM, and the fact that it has SPF 15. I would definitely repurchase. It did NOT irritate my skin or break me out. I use it for school days, and I've had my tube for over 5 months and it hasn't seperated. Maybe I got a good batch? It's just as good as the day I bought it! I only took off a lippy because sometimes it oxidizes a little darker after it has set on my face, but nothing a setting powder can't camouflage!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would honestly give this a 3.5 but I'm leaning more towards 3 than a 4.
I purchased the lightest colour. I am very pale with neutral undertones. I have good skin with the occasional breakout but I do not breakout easily.

Mine does not have spf. I am in Canada and I guess they did not release the tm with spf here which is a bummer.
I find this too yellow and a bit too dark for my skin. I wish they offered a more neutral colour or lighter options.
I get shiny after a few hours with this on, which is rare since I have dry skin. I don't know if the spf affects this.
This transfers easily I noticed, even after using a setting powder. It is almost as the moisturizer and the makeup separate on my face.
I am still on the hunt for a perfect tm but this isn't too bad. I would repurchase as the price is great, it doesn't break me out and it is handy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is, so far, my HG tinted moisturizer. It's cheap and well pigmented. I wear light and I'm NW20 and it's a pretty good match. I don't like heavy foundations so this with a powder foundation on top and I'm gold. The product seems to last for a long time and you don't need to much to cover your face.

I'm also very acne-prone and this caused not breakouts whatsoever and even does a decent job concealing them.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by ceruleanblue95

I bought this with the recommendations of the boards behind it. Buying this meant that I had to endure the tortures of Wally World, which really put me off. Then the color selection was horrible. The second to lightest shade was dark and reminiscent of oompa loompas, so I went with the lightest shade. The color match wasn't spot on, so I figured that it being a tinted moisturizer and all, it would just blend into my natural skin tone. I honestly haven't a clue how they can call this a tinted moisturizer. The consistency is thick, gooey and greasy. After a month or so, the product began to separate which is just nasty. When I put this on my skin, I feel like I'm putting on paint- something chemical and gross that I feel I shouldn't be applying to my skin. This is probably the worst foundation I have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is in two parts. Part I refers to the product when it was originally purchased, and Part II is currently about 4 months later.
My initial impressions of Sheer Envy Tinted Moisturizer in Fair were very favorable. I liked the mousse-like feel of the product and the semi-matte finish. Although the shade could be a bit lighter for my NC15 skintone, I found I could make it work by using a very small amount and blending well. I love that Hard Candy included SPF 15 in their tinted moisturizer and that the product is packaged in a tube. The packaging looks cute and is decorated with black swirly designs. For $8.00, I thought it was a steal.
Because the tube is mostly clear, I clearly saw that my product separated. It wouldn't mix back together no matter how much I shook it and tried to get the oils and pigments to recombine. I don't know what caused the problem, but maybe the tube needs to be dark to better protect the product?
Recently I reached for my tube and a lot of oily fluid oozed out. The expiration date on the crimp of my tube is 8/11, nearly 8 months out! I emailed Hard Candy's customer service several weeks ago but so far I haven't seen a replacement product.
Part I Rating: 4 (minus one point for limited shade selection)
Part II Rating: 1 for a product that disentegrated long before it's expy date. I am hoping my Glamoflage concealer which also comes in a tube stays intact!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect TM for me! I have redness in my cheeks, but I have warm undertones. I have this in Fair and it is perfect! I only need to wear this, a small dab of concealer, and the HC Welcome Matte powder and I'm good to go! This covers my redness and since it is a moisturizer, it helps control the super dry patches I get in the winter (even with exfoliation and a rich face cream). I used this before and thought that it was breaking me out, but I later figured out it was the HC blush I bought at the same time. Overall, this is a perfect everyday TM for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

WOW I love this stuff!!! Today was a rare day I didn't have all my makeup available to me, so I was stuck with just this tinted moisturizer and some powder. No problem, because after putting this on my skin immediately looked so much clearer and nicer, in fact gorgeous. A touch of powder and I was good to go. This stuff is fabulous!!!!!

UPDATE:
After a few weeks using it, I tended to notice that I got pretty oily throughout the day. I'm oily anyway, but this definitely contributed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

I am a TM kind of girl. When my skin is mostly clear, I prefer to wear a light TM and a bit of concealer. I was excited to try this after hearing such great things about it on MUA. I purchased the light shade that works well for my light, warm/yellow tones skin (NC15-20 range). It surprisingly has a good amount of coverage compared to other TMs I have used. Unlike a lot of TMs it also has more of a matte finish. It looks amazing with a tiny bit of concealer and Maybelline dream mousse powder on top.

It has only one con, but it is big enough to make me hate it now. It separates over time. I am not even halfway done with my tube and it has already separated. I know a lot of people say just shake it up, but it separates again within hours, and that freaks me out Ė I donít want that to happen to my face while I am wearing it. Also, I shake it really vigorously and it still canít get it to mix all the way.

Itís really too bad. I hope they fix this! If it didnít go bad so quickly, I would love this. I wonder how many people are going to change their reviews after this happens to them, but to me this is a major issue with this product!