Philosophy Kiss Me lip Balm

3.5

on 12/15/2005 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this, but I really don't. I liked it for the first few days, but now I notice that it makes my lips dryer. I have the pink one, and it smells very overpowering because of the mint in it. It also is really hard to get out of the tube unless I put it in my pocket and let it warm up.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have to say the only reason this product even gets a 2 is because I love the Philosophy skincare line, so they get a point just for being Philosophy. However, this lip balm was very disappointing. I had high moisturization hopes for this lovely berry emollient balm, but it seemed to make my lips feel dryer even though there was a layer of grease on it. For some reason, I always seemed to get a layer of dry skin that I just had to rub and pick, which would lead to the inevitable lip bleed. I actually enjoyed the different smell & texture, but it kept making me think that this balm should be doing more. I will be staying away from all the Philosophy lip balms from now on.

on 10/20/2005 2:21:00 PM

I have the red version in the pot. I have gone through about 3 jars of this stuff; it's fantastic! I prefer not to carry pot gloss around because it gets dirty, but I keep this on my nightstand and use it every night before I go to bed. I wake up with perfectly soft lips. The scent is wonderful and the consistency is exactly the way I prefer in a balm; it's glossy and stays put without being ooey gooey. A staple for sure.

on 10/19/2005 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Would I buy it again - Yes, I already did. I am blown away by the negative reviews for this product. I have the Red version & I adore everything about it. At age 49, my lips are basically colorless, and this adds the sheerest touch of completely natural pink so it looks like I just have gloss on over my naturally pink lips. It's a subtle change, but just what I wanted & need. Love the fragrance. As for the taste that everyone is squawking about, I don't get it. They put on lip balm & then start licking their lips? I've never noticed any taste whatsoever! NONE! Just a lovely, fresh, citus aroma and beautiful, natural-looking shiny lips. I have this in a jar at home, & in a tube for my purse. Wouldn't be without it.

on 10/13/2005 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Worst goup for lips I have ever tried! I don't know what it is but when this thing is on it almost makes it hard to breathe??! It's so thick and oily. And the smell... some sort of strong citrus scent that seems to be there to cover up the underlying smell of... gasoline? Whatever it is. Definately not something that puts me in the mood for kissing...

on 10/12/2005 10:06:00 PM

I just tried this out (about ten minutes ago) -- purchased it on a whim from Sephora. I got the Red color, and although it's beautiful in the tube (deep berry), it's pretty sheer on. And holy crap, can we talk about the taste and the smell?!?!? I'm telling you - motor oil! Someone before me said that was the lanolin, I guess its smell is pretty unpleasant. The taste is equally bad. Very, very gross. Even if the taste was fine, the smell wafted up to my nose and I had to wipe the gloss off. Not ten minutes into my tryout of this lip balm, I'm already filling out the return form. Ick city! $10 at Sephora.

on 10/10/2005 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked this lip balm, it leaves my lips feeling soft and has helped my chapped lips. I don't think that it is the miracle of all lip balms, but I think its much better then most of the products that I've tried. It leaves my lips glimmering. I've only bought the kiss me red, so I don't know about the other versions out there. But, I will buy this product again.

on 9/24/2005 10:08:00 AM

this is just fab. ive got the pink and clear in the tub and its is JUST fantastic and doing its job.
what i particularly love is that it comes out quite glossy (not that dull matte appearence) and is so damn moisturising. its also VERY long lasting thorughout the day.
love it

Someone said, it's like over-priced Vaseline. I have to agree. With a nice citrus scent to it, I might add. The biggest problem was, it doesn't survive coldish climate. It was 10 degrees (celsius, NOT farenheit), which is mild...but the product seemed to have froze in the tube. It wasn't even freezing temp! No matter how hard I squeezed that tube, the balm wouldn't budge. That really sucks, cuz it's really in the winter that I need to use lip balm, and if it can't even survive spring, what am I supposed to do with it?

on 8/18/2005 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this lip balm!!It makes my lips soo soft and it feels soo smooth on. It is true that it doesn't have a very nice taste, but that is because of the lanolin in it. iI would deffinately repurchase. The price isn't that bad considering I have spent alot more on lip balms.

Popular Lip Treatments