July 29, 2014 | 1887 users online

Hair - Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Ioana321

Since I was little, my mom used to soak my hair in vinegar and water to get rid of lice. Everytime my hair would feel better after the vinegar than anyother shampoo I have ever used! I use Moroccan Oil but really Vinegar does a better job to make hair to make hair super soft and shiny. Mix 1/6 parts vinegar and the rest water into a container, use shampoo and conditioner and then pour the container over your hair. Leave it in a little and then rinse it out. :)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly I have no idea whether this does anything good for my skin, but it doesn't seem to cause any harm which is a miracle in itself.
I use it mixed with water as a toner, but it can be quite drying during the colder months so I may switch it out for a more gentle alternative until summer rolls round.
As for the scent, after using it for over a year I've almost become quite fond of it!

ETA: This seems to have been the culprit of my recent breakouts. The second I cut it out of my routine my skin started clearing up again! I guess it's just too harsh for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by iloveyourstory

I love this stuff! It does what no conditioner has ever done for my hair. I've bought so many expensive conditioners hoping that the next one would give me beautiful, shiny, and bouncy hair. I always ended up disappointed. So, thanks to MUA, I decided I would give ACV a try, even though I just knew it wouldn't work. Well...it worked wonders! It made my fine, dull, lifeless hair come to life. Seriously, I have never seen hair this shiny and conditioned. I bought a tub of the Kroger brand and it still works like the organic one. I use the Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo, then follow up with ACV (1 tbs per 1 cup of warm water), and top it off with 2 drops of Jojoba oil on the dry ends. I will never go back to conditioners, they never work and this does. Thanks MUA!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I'd definitely give it a try in your hair if you use a lot of products. Not only does it get rid of all the product build up in your hair but it also makes it really soft and shiny. I don't even have to use conditioner afterwards unless I want to. I use a lot of different hair products so using this as a rinse is a must. Even when I was little my mom would rinse my hair with this because it makes it really shiny and soft. I just get a cup and fill it about 1/4 - 1/2 full of vinegar then fill the rest with water and pour it over my hair after I wash it. As long as you rinse it out really well you cant smell the vinegar afterwards at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't find this brand in Australia but I've been mixing equal parts ACV and water and using as a toner, and my skins soft and feels super clean. I actually like the smell, but if you don't it disappears once it dries after a few seconds anyway. I find it a little harsh and am experimenting using this at night with a heavy calming moisturiser. If my skin reacts I'll use this every second night because my skin loves it!

Tip: Don't get this near your eyes, it stings!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Jennylyn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am still in aw that apple cider vinegar worked for me! I used it mixing 2/3 water and the rest apple cider vinegar, worked it in after shampooing, ( i did not use any conditioner) kept it in for only like 5 min and rinsed with semi cold water. At first it seemed tangled and not smooth but after about 5 min thats when i noticed the texture getting smoother! I was able to comb out my hair without any other added product. After using this my scalp felt clean, and free of residue. Also i noticed that my hair didnt get as oily as it usually does after 2days of not washing. The only reason i gave it a 4 was because if felt like my hair fell out a little more throughout the day? I wonder how repetitive you can be with this stuff? Also I hate putting mineral oil and all of those heavy conditioner products in my hair, I just felt cleaner after using this, kind of like the feeling of a mint infused clarifying shampoo. Any way its definitively worth a try! My boyfriend used it last night and he has asian thick curly hair and he said it felt condition without the grease:) PS: I just used the western family brand 5% but I just ordered from vitacost the organic Bragg's brand I will update after have used that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyncleaveley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I CAN BELIEVE THIS WORKS!!! ahhhhh i love it. It is the simplest most inexpensive beauty secret i have ever used. I am sooo glad i tried it......ok here is how i use it,

-take a plain old water bottle, and cut a hole in the cap.
-mix 1 part pure apple cider vinegar and 3 parts water.
-Shampoo as usual, after you have rinsed your shampoo, pour apple cider mixture all over your hair and work into your scalp. Do not rinse (YET).
-Continue with regular shower duities washing your body, shaving ect.
-rinse time, rinse with cool water, as cold as you can stand and your DONE!!!!! NO CONDITIONER NECESSARY.....during a regular shower i definatly recommend using conditioner.
-after i get out of the shower and towel dry my hair i use a small amount of light conditioning spray, and comb through.

My hair, after it dries is sooo soft and feels SOOO CLEAN, it has more volume, its thicker...i could go on for ever it looks and feels a million times better!!!!!! please please please TRY IT, i am not the type of girl to sabotage other woman XOXOXOX

26 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by candykirkpatrick

Wow, what a wonder product! I used this last night for the first time as an after conditioner rinse (50/50 with water) and left it in for like 10 min. After blow drying, my hair was so volumous! My scalp is increadably clean and my hair is super thick this morning :) Who would have thought, $3 for a miracle product?! I used it as a facial toner also and have all good things to say about that too!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

How could I not know about this?!

I use ACV as a facial toner. I have acne on my forehead & chin with flakes around my nose and cheeks. Very sexy.
I read on MUA that ACV would make a great toner for the cheapest price possible and I was sold. I bought this great bottle of organic ACV for 7$---that's even cheaper than any drugstore crap-toners.
My recipe: 1 part ACV for 10 parts water, more or less. just enough to restore my skin's pH and NOT smell like salad.

My skin is most definitely clearer people. I am now a believer in the power of ACV!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Jkline72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff works!
I read about this on line for fine thin hair to really clean your scalp,get rid of weighing down stuff left by other shampoos and conditioners and making hair shiny and boy it does all of that. I use it once every few weeks when I want to really clean my hair. I use it cold after conditioning. Don't be scared by the smell! It does go away once your hair dries IF you use it cold. Great trick and cheap too! Please use apple cider not regular vinegar!