November 24, 2014 | 2029 users online

Eye Primer - Fyrinnae - Pixie Epoxy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by rastaxcore

Love this stuff for mixing my own liner. I take a slanted liner brush, dip it in the pot (the pot lasts forever) just enough to coat the tip. I dip it in the loose minerals and mix it on the back of the shadow cap. It makes a great liner and sticks all day, you do have to let it dry like a liquid liner though and be sure to wipe off your brush afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff so much. Yes, it is intended to be used as a glue-like base for loose eyeshadows, mineral eyeshadows, and glittery eyeshadows, but it generally works well for ALL eyeshadows. It's a bit difficult to blend when you use this as an eyeshadow primer since it's SO sticky, but what I like to do is layer the Epoxy under a layer of champagne shadow and there you have it. It can be a bit hard to use initially, but all I do is dip a finger lightly in my sample pot (oh yeah, get the sample pot - it's tiny, but it's $3 and it lasts for about 6 months - yes, you read that right) and rub it gently over both lids. Wait 30 seconds, then apply shadow (or apply something nude like I do, then your regular shadow).

Your shadow will not budge. At all. All day. No creasing, no smudging, no nothing. A million times better than UDPP and a fraction of the price.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This is not a primer. It is an adhesive to make very glittery e/s stay in place and also to bring out the variances in the Fyrinnae shadows. I have found that it is also prompting me to add some of the fussier, glittery UD shadows back into my rotation. I'll be buying backups of this one.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Eplefe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Pixie Epoxy quickly became a HG-item for me. It keeps the glitters in place and really makes eyeshadows POP. I love it, and wish I'd found it before I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

This stuff is like glue for your eyeshadow. I think it's great for loose es, but for reg shadow I think it's prob overkill. I am going to try it with some of my cream shadows that crease - I'm curious to see how it performs. I am glad I read the reviews as I knew to use very little. It dries really fast, too. I barely touch it to my lid a couple of places, then spread with my finger. This stuff is insanely efficient - thus the epoxy in the name. However, it doesn't feel sticky or heavy on your lids. For regular shadow, I still use Urban Decay PP. One tube will probably last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Shicurls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so hesitant about this product. I mean super hesitant. I already use two eye primers that I love, so why did I need this? Because this stuff makes the shiny, shimmery powders STAY!! And, they stay true to color! I had minimal fallout, and I love the look.

That being said, a little goes a long way, and definitely follow directions and suggestions about application. Other than that, I can't believe I didn't buy it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by make_up_maven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutey LOVE this product!! I have super oily eyelids and I've used every primer out there, my current HG primer is Benefit Stay Don't Stray - it keeps the oil at bay. However, as good as it is, the inner corners of my eyes still get oily and by 9am the shadow from the inner corners of my eyes is gone. I realize that Pixie Epoxy is NOT a primer, and more of an ahesive to keep glitter from fall out and te adhere loose shadows to the lid, but I'm here to tell you that when used with Benefit under it and Pixe Epoxy on the lid, the shadow on the inner part of my lid stays ALL DAY!!! There is ZERO fall out with Pixie Epoxy when used with glittery eyeshadows and it even keeps the glitter/frost where I put it so it doesn't stay across the lid. A must have when mixing Frost/Glitter with Mattes. Makes shadow so incredibly vibrant - metallic shadows look foiled when used dry! I use a tiny little bit and I put it on the lid only. And the price, my god, how can you go wrong? There is NOTHING I don't like about this product!!! To sum it up YOU NEEED THIS. PERIOD. I'm going back for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Nieves777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If I could I would give 6 lippies to this product!!! This is a must have if you use mineral eyeshadow, loose pigments, or glitter to keep everything in place. I do agree that a squeeze tube would be awesome due to hygienic reasons, but not a big enough reason not to buy.
<3 <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Canadianadia

I think this product is great for decreasing fallout and emphasizing shimmery eyeshadows. I haven't had any problems with creasing (like I have with other products).
The secret to the epoxy is to use the tiniest amount, so considering I paid about $7 for this product, I think it's well worth trying. They also have a cheaper sample size option for $1.50. Personally I think this product is fabulous. I have a bunch of eyeshadows from everyday minerals that I thought looked horrible and chalky and I almost tossed them, but when I used them with this pixie epoxy they looked 100 times better. Best of all, when I use the Epoxy with my Fyrinnae shadows~ Wow! ~ heaven! I would definately repurchase the pixie epoxy.

Fyrinnae has quickly become my favorite online cosmetics company - www.fyrinnae.com

FYI - if you spend 20$ or more at Fyrinnae the shipping is free, and they usually throw in a free sample

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, there is a lot of hype around this product. I'm happy with my regular foiling agent but for the price and the fact that it's vegan, I had to try it. That, and there are stunning pics of shadows used with the product. So yes, this definitely worth a try. I just apply it straight to wear I want the shadow and wait a little. Much less of a hassle than the usual foiling routine.