March 2, 2015 | 1985 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by whiteunicorn

I've been using liquid foundation most of my adult life.. i've never liked drug store brands but i've been needing to pinch my pennies more recently so i decided to give this a try (since i could return it anyway.. no reason not to try it)

I did notice it was thick (as many reviewers have said) but this isnt always bad.. you just need to know how to work with it and know to apply it well. I use my BeautyBlender (another MUST HAVE) I soak my sponge as your suppose to and dab a bit of foundation and blend like nobody's business ( i also always use a face primer because i have oily skin).. anyhow.. this foundation really lasts!!.. even on a hot day (and i'm from Phoenix)

if you're on a budget and need a medium to full coverage foundation.. then grab this stuff and just blend it well with a good stippling brush or the beautyblender. . i will be purchasing again when i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by zutsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried numerous foundations, and I must say, I was duly impressed with this one for both price as well as quality. I must give the product credit for long lasting effects on my skin. It does not dry out, it does not flake or streak or anything. If anything, it actually moves with my face, and stays consistent, which is saying much more than most foundations. I put it on in the mornings, and it is still in perfect condition when I return from work in the afternoons after an 8 hour day. So 10 hours of wear and it is still fine. The coverage is nice, as it covers everything without looking like I painted myself ridiculously. I also like the fact that it is a glass bottle with a pump to squeeze the foundation from, as this allows me to regulate how much I am using as well as curb excessive mess (thanks to the pump). I have just bought my second bottle of this, and I am still impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation looks very thick and cakey on the skin! It is very masky looking and will give you that obvious foundation look. I have normal to dry skin and this foundation gets super oily. Throughout the entire day it is so greasy looking. Something in this makes your skin produce a lot of oil. I would say that it has light to medium coverage. Unfortunately, all of the shades have a pink undertone. I wore the lightest ivory shade and it was so pink that it looked like I was wearing blush all over my face! Not a good look! Will not repurchase. This also broke me out in red bumps all over as well as clogging my pores! : (

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by hanc

I love this foundation!!! I mean the packaging isn't great but the product itself is so good! I dance full time and I can tell you now this makeup after a full day of dance on a 37 degree (celsius....aka VERY HOT) day without touch ups, this makeup had not moved an inch. And yet when i got home and wanted to take off my makeup it came off so easily!

Also I have pale skin with yellow undertones and it is sooooo hard to find a foundation that matches my skin colour but (I don't remember the name of the shade I have) the colour matched perfectly!
very happy
x

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Prettyprettyprincess123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i had purchased this in the past and i forgot why i stopped using it. i stumbled upon it the other in the my box of used makeup. i decided to give it another try i went to the store and bought it, i was very quickly reminded why i never repurchased it. its very thick and very heavy/sticky when i put it on it feels like i just put a tube of Vaseline on my face. The color has yellow undertones and even the lightest color is too dark. but anyway while it does hide my scars and redness it just looks awful.. it's extremely oily yet powder doesn't sit on it at all it just clumps up. through out the day it will become soo splotchy. Some places don't have any foundation at all anymore and then some places are EXTREMELY CAKEY and thick, these little cakey spots are just like huge clumps of oily foundation and it takes forever to come off. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AT ALL WORST FOUNDATION EVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Superstay foundation came to my beauty stash only about 2 months ago. I bought it on a whim, not really because I needed more foundation makeup but because I was curious about trying a variety of long wearing foundations that I could easily find at drugstores.
Superstay cost me less than $12 at Walgreens, not exactly cheap for a drugstore foundation that lacks good packaging.
My shade is in Sand Beige. Iím in my mid-forties; I have combination skin, and occasional hormonal breakouts.
Superstay comes in 1.0 FL. Oz bottle without a pump (lippies lost here because of it). It is thicker in consistency than Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation. Once you pour it on the back of the hand it does not run (like Colorstay does). I leave my bottle upside down in my foundation caddy so the product comes out easier and faster when I pour it on the back of my hand.
This foundation covers very well, blends easily, and it does last long. I work 10 to 12 hours and this stuff doesnít go anywhere; it stays put and strong throughout the night, and it does not break me out. My forehead and eyelids are the oiliest areas of my face, so I judge my foundations by the way it looks on my forehead after 8 hours of wear.
I have only two criticisms about this product which kept me from giving it a five lippies rating. First, it does not have a pump (I donít understand why companies would make great products while sacrificing packaging). Secondly, it causes my face to itch slightly - a type of soft itch that feels like hair brushing against my face Ė but it isnít troublesome enough to make me stop using it. More likely than not I am sensitive to one of its ingredients, but if that is the case it isnít something that I canít tolerate. Other than that I like this product. It is just as good, if not better, than various department store high end foundations.
Thank you for reading my reviews and have fun playing with makeup :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by BritMC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say, this foundation is amazing. It competes with several high end foundations such as Dior, Guerlain and MUFE.
I have normal-dry skin and typically have problems with foundations accentuating my pores. I have spent so much money trying to find a foundation that gives me a flawless finish that covers well, and can last all day. I picked up this foundation 3 years ago, and It has been my go to foundation ever since. I own lots of high end foundations as I worked at Sephora for a few years, but I almost always reach for this foundation. It smooths out my pores, and gives my skin such a flawless finish. The coverage is amazing as well. Its not too thick but easily hides imperfections. It never fails to last all day, which is superb when you work long shifts or need a fool proof foundation for summer. My only complaint is the bottle packaging.
If you want a high quality foundation that is inexpensive, this is definitely the one.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Bellalove403

Now I know everyone compares this to Revlon colorstay which I didn't like much in my opinion it was thick, smelled bad and felt very heavy on my face and had pink undertones.. Well I heard a lot of good things about this foundation so I decided to try it and i'm glad I did! When I got my first bottle I got it in Pure beige, it matched my skin pretty well but it was a little to light so now i'm in the shade True beige which works great. I love the way this foundation feels on my skin, It's so lightweight but has amazing coverage. It also doesn't look cakey at all. I do wish they had some more colors because it's such a great product if they had more of a color selection more people could wear it. Other than that I will continue to use this foundation it's great

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyntaylar

ii love this foundation, not for everyday as its abit to heavy , but for when i go clubbing or need my makeup to last ALL day like from 6am till 10pm. ect. then i go to this! it really does STAY it can feel heavy , but with a powder it helps with that feeling, it doesnt turn me orange or spoltchy, doesnt go yuk if i sweat and doesnt rub off , what the bottle says, the foundation does, ! im on my second bottle and will keep re purchasing this as its so much cheaper than revlon colourstay and doesnt feel or look at cakey , as long as you blend this quickly on primed moisturised skin then ts a great foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by xoxovo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation really stays on, I just have two complaints lol. 1: The shading is crappy, once again this is why I have issues with Maybelline foundations. They honestly need to create a shade between honey and caramel because the shade difference is so far it's ridiculous. 2: The fact that it doesn't have a pump drives me insane. I hate opening the bottle and getting product all over my hands.