Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Lover

4.6

Talc, Dimethylimidazolidinone Rice Starch, Mica, Aqua, Magnseium Myristate, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Mystirate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-150, Silica, Ricinus Communis Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternium-26, Methylparaben, Glyceryl Ricinoleate, Ethylparaben, Cera Carnauba, Candelilla Cera, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Cera Microcristallina, Tetrahydroxypropyl Ethylenediamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba, Parfum [ /- Cl 77891, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499, Cl 75470, Cl 77007, Cl 12085, Cl 19140, Cl 15850, Cl 45380, Cl 77163, Cl 15985, Cl 77742, Cl 77510, Cl 16035, Cl 45410]

on 6/1/2010 1:22:00 PM

HG peach blush for me. (I'm NW15.) This is a highly pigmented matte blush that would work for a range of skin tones. I love the shape of the case. It fits in the hand so beautifully. It would be great if the company offered some kind of policy like "Back to MAC" to be more environmentally friendly.

on 6/1/2010 5:38:00 AM

After reading the reviews of this on MUA, I knew I had to try it. I am an NC25 and have an undertone that often makes blushes pull a little too red. The description of this as utterly peach was what I've been looking for and I also love the company's cruelty-free policies. Well--I honestly think this is the most beautiful blush I've ever owned--and I am no spring chicken! It reminds me of milk paint in that the color softly glows. It is plenty pigmented, but it lays on the skin so prettily. With shipping and handling from Sephora, it was about $30--but I don't care! I feel lovely when I wear Lover, like it was made for me. A holy grail!

on 6/1/2010 2:57:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a stunning blush. Light true peach. Very pigmented so use a light hand. I even use this as e/s since It's so pigmented. The texture is great, very soft. Blends beautifully. This is a great everyday blush. If I don't know what I wanna wear I just wear this. It never lets me down. I'm NC40.

on 5/12/2010 3:16:00 AM

I've been searching for the perfect peach blush for a long time, and I think I may have found it in this product. Lover really is a beautiful colour, it's a true apricot peach that would work for a variety of skin tones because it's neither too orange nor too pink. I do advise exercising caution the first time you use it, especially if you're fair, as it's so highly pigmented that it can be easy to overdo it if you've been used to blushes that are more sheer and have less impressive colour payoff. I'm fair myself, a neutral toned MUFE HD 115, and this works really well on me, it gives me a lovely Summer glow. This blush is quite strongly scented when in the pot, which personally I quite like, but I can imagine the fairly sweet vanilla fragrance will not suit everyone. However, the smell dissipates as you apply it.

I generally use either a 187 or a 188 to apply this, recently I've been opting for the 188 for a bit more control. This blush is so pigmented that it does have a mild tendency to stain the white sections of duo fibre brushes, so I do recommend washing your brush soon after use if using a similar brush. Because of the high level of pigmentation I can see this blush lasting a a very long time, so although I've selected that I would repurchase, chances are I won't need to for a while!

My main gripe about this blush applies to the rest of Illamasqua's line. The packaging just doesn't feel solid when in your hand, I would worry about putting this in my handbag. The clasp is a little awkward, as others have mentioned you have to open it with a fingernail and the clasp is where the "Illamasqua" brand is stamped, and I have a feeling that with repeated use that might wear away. Overall the plastic feels quite fragile; I found this to be true of their lipsticks as well.

However, that aside this product still gets a 5. It's a fantastic blush and I highly recommend it if you're still on the hunt for the perfect, non shimmer peach blush. I like it by itself as I tend to like a non shimmery look, but I also love it with a stroke of Lightscapade or Refined MSF along the cheek bones for further enhancement.

on 3/27/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Until I found this product, I never used blush. Now I use this every day. The color is pure peach. I have very fair skin, and this is perfect. The blush is heavily pigmented and this would look great on a huge range of skintones. Because there is so much pigment in this blush, you only need a tiny bit. I have used mine every day for a week, and the pan still looks untouched because you literally only need to tap the brush to pick up enough colour.

Zero glitter, easily blendable, and it blends so perfectly that it makes you look like the color is emanating from your skin. I am not skilled with makeup at all, yet this was easy enough even for me to use. This is a gorgeous peach/apricot shade. I also got "Hussy" but it's a little harder for me to work with, so "Lover" is my go-to shade.

I also have skin that breaks out at the drop of a hat, but this hasn't made me break out at all. I love it.

The only feedback I have for Illamasqua is that the compact feels hella cheap and chintzy for a $23 blush. I have seen drugstore blushes with better-quality cases. The Illamasqua compact is lightweight plastic and doesn't feel "quality" at all. You have to use a fingernail to open the compact, which I don't like. I will still repurchase when this runs out in like 5 years, but I would prefer this if the packaging was better quality.

on 12/28/2009 12:29:00 PM

I am in love with this blush! I was a bit hesitant to try it at first, because I hate orange colors and I look terrible wearing anything orangey. But this blush looks absolutely exquisite! It gives this amazing, healthy glow and really perks my skin up and makes my complexion look smoother and more youthful. It is finely milled and pigmented and stays on all day. It has no sparkle and doesn't cake, so it looks natural. I would totally repurchase, it is worth every penny. It makes me want to try all of illamasqua's other blushes...

on 12/3/2009 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

OMG this blush is BEAUTIFUL! It radiates the skin. I have got about 50 MAC blushes and dont use them anymore in favor of this blush. I have never seen such a beautiful natural looking peach blush. One major pluspunt for me is that it doesnt have glitters, I m not a big fan of glittery blushes! I apply it with my MAC #188 brush and it looks really good!!

My favourite blush, for a peachy tone. Gives a really sweet glow, that is not too orange on my NW20 skin. Works well with Illamasqua's Rumour Powder Blush as a contour. Really enhances my skin and wakes me up. Love it!

on 10/30/2009 12:52:00 PM

I am Nc40, I love this Blush, it really its peach color, no other colors added. Super pigmented, needs a super light hand. I love it.

I am absolutely in love with this blush, it is a perfect peach color - not orange, not pink, just peach.
A little goes a long way as it's very pigmented and it stays on all day. I have been using it a lot, and this is going to be a staple in my stash!

Popular Blush Products