April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by xoxolivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow.. I usually have bad luck when buying top coats but this one was better than I expected. I haven't tried SV, but I am satisfied with Revlon's. It may peel.. but only because it dries very well bonded to the nail which is why small parts don't chip off for me. its pretty much all or nothing when the top coat wants to come off! It stays clear and glossy for many days (although I usually don't keep manicures on for too long.) some people say that they put a new coat on every day but I don't see a need for that when you use this top coat!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by itsliz

This is my new go-to quick dry top coat! It blows Seche Vite out of the water!

I find it dries just as fast as SV, and just as shiny, which is awesome because that is one of the reasons I kept going back to SV, for the shine.

It does not shrink your polish, the polish does not get goopy as you use up the polish and get closer to the bottle. The brush extends almost to the bottom of the bottle, unlike SV, which is awesome.

It does not smell like a chemical factory like SV or China Glaze Fast Forward, and that is because it is Big 3 Free, wahoo!

I also find, as QDTC it makes my manicures last relatively long (for me) and I am very hard on my nails.

All in all, this is a great polish. It is readily available at most drugstores, and is around $8, although Revlon products are almost always on sale somewhere.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

What a great find! I needed a quick-dry top coat to replace my OTD top coat, but I wanted to try and find a cheaper alternative. This is it! Most quick-dry top coats I've used result in serious shrinkage (even Seche Vite), but this one hasn't at all. Shine is good, I'd say it's as shiny as SV. I like the formula- it's thin and a bit drippy, but that means no brush marks and an overall even finish. Love this product, and I love the price. Give it a whirl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i needed that quick dry to protect my nails cause i cook,i do laundry,i clean the house,so, i need that to continue my activities without ruining my nails! Every time i did my nails,i ended up scratching them on a door,or on a cabinet!so,i had to start again!so, now, my nails are protected and shines! Good product! Me happy!i can vacate to my occupations now!love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by patina11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow! Makes your nails look SO shiny. It really works amazing. I made dinner and washed my hands right after I did my nails. There wasn't one chip or dent! It makes your polish last much longer. This is a really amazing product!

Edit: WOW. your nail polish will NOT chip at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by merkakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great top coat. Not sure why this is not getting more love from the MUA community, but I would compare this to CND Shiney. It lasts well, really protects polish and is much cheeper and just as effective as the more expensive brands. One thing I have to mention is that I wouldn't call this top coat "Quick dry". This is not the same type of top coat as SV or Poshe. Overall, good value for money and good quality.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Cadensmom06

one of the best top coats i have tried..leaves my nails super shiny. unlike the other reviews, mine is not thin at all in fact it is a very thick formula which i like alot. i got mine for free but i will surely buy again when im out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by kimlow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the one of the best non-toxic top coats I have come across yet. With just 2 coats you get a mirror-like shine that stays for a few days. (remember, you should reapply top coat every 2nd day) It applies quite thin, and dries within a minute to the touch. Even though it is thin, it evens out your nail (works really good over uneven shatter polishes). Within 5 minutes you can't even dent it. The frosty bottle it comes in is really cute too! The only issues I have with it are that it gives your nails a weird kinda oily feeling, and in a few days it doesn't chip but starts to show wear cracks and the points where your nails can bent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good top coat, and it dries quickly on the nail keeping the nails shine at the same time. I have another 2 opi top coat as well, one is getting viscous, the other dries slowly and the shining of the nails are deprived. Therefore, compared to those opi ones, revlon is quite good

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff, made my Sally Hansen XTreme last almost a week! It is a bit watery and leaves my nails kinda oily ? But it goes away after I wash my hands, etc :)