Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

4.1

oje

on 1/10/2012 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Overall this is an amazingly cheap yet almost perfect top coat. It doesn't have a smell, never had a problem with shrinkage, It's actually covered up bubbles and scratches from my cheap polishes, I used almost the whole bottle before I couldn't use it anymore, and unlike seche vite you don't have to worry about harsh chemicals or birth defects. I feel no need to look for any other top coat =D

Cons- when I go to buy some they're always out lol
and the brush... It's too long and skinny but it's not a huge issue. If it had the brush of an OPI polish... this top coat would be queen of all top coats lol.

BUT WARNING the base coat is bad bad bad. My nails have ridges so some base coats are just wrong for me personally. This base coat did nothing for me as expected. It made my polishes bubble even my expensive ones that I swear by and my nails would actually peel off whole. It's just odd. So if you have ridges in your nails I suggest you use a different base coat.

on 1/9/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought Seche Vite before solely because it dries SO fast and shiny. Then I found out how awfully thick and goopy it gets in about a short month or two. I was dismayed because I loved the lightning speed dry time and ability to level out your manicure. No matter how much thinner I added (believe me, a LOT) it all went to waste. I didn't want to blow an extra $9 on the special Seche Restore thinner so I threw the bottle out.
Not so with this top coat! I honestly didn't have high expectations as I hadn't heard much about it and Revlon's nail polishes are never stellar in quality. I used it and found that while the dry time is not as quick as Seche, it's still pretty dang fast. The shine was great, very glossy. It has a somewhat thin consistency so it doesn't pile up and make your manicure thick. Wear is also great, it doesn't peel like Seche sometimes does. I can get a full week of a nice looking manicure, although sometimes if I'm too rough on my nails I experience nicking and little scratches which can probably be solved by reapplying every other night.
But there's a special reason I fell in love with it! I accidentally pressed down my nail while it was drying and I panicked. I quickly applied a thick coat of the top coat, hoping it would level out the wrinkle. It did! It leveled it out perfectly, no ugly wrinkle in sight. I was brushing quite hard and the chocolate color didn't even transfer onto the brush, which happens with a lot of other top coats.
Another plus with this top coat is that you can add regular polish thinner (I use Orly's) to it and the consistency will go right back to new. You don't waste anything! I'm looking at you, Seche Vite.
The brush is a little long and thin, which I'm not a huge fan of, but as long as I continue to love this top coat I'll cope with it.
I'll be continuing to buy this, especially at its $5 price tag, until I can find something that tops it which I doubt will happen anytime soon. I'm in love!

on 1/5/2012 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am such a Revlon brand loyalist! I love their polish and this top coat is my new favorite. It dries so quick and shiny. It plays well with all brands and extends the wear of my manicure. My go to combination is China Glaze Strong Adhesion base coat and this!

on 12/28/2011 10:48:00 AM

This is my first top coat and I'm so pleased with it that I don't even need to try any other brand's. It leaves my nails smooth and shining, and really does dry pretty quickly. I read in someone's review here to apply it every two days, which I've been doing, and people always ask me how I get my nails to look so glossy all the time. I've never experienced the shrinkage that I've heard people complain of with other top coats. Now that I use top coat regularly, it's definitely a must-have product for me.

on 11/25/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I gave it a neutral 3 on Price because you can get it for 25-30% of the price often at Walgreens and CVS with minimal effort.

You can apply to wet or dry polish, I've not noticed a difference in shrinkage, bubbles, or polish pulling this way.

At about 1/4th of a bottle left it tends to want to thicken but I usually decant into a new bottle before this point anyways.

Love it. My all-time favorite top coat. I dont mind the smaller brush because i have small fingers. It actually IS a quick dry. Like less than two minutes quick dry. Love it, buy it.

on 11/16/2011 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This dries VERY quickly, almost too quickly sometimes it feels like the brush dries up straight after I take take it out of the bottle! Good formula and very shiny, but the brush is TINY, I'm used to the large OPI brushes which are so easy to use. Took off one point only because the brush slows things down... but a good product!

on 10/28/2011 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Loved this top coat! It's the first time I've gotten a quick dry top coat but I LOVE IT! Got it for about $2 on sale, and don't regret it. Just like previous reviewers, it's watery so doesn't leave brush marks. I woke up with quilt marks this morning (without the top coat) and I slathered one coat on top and voila! the quilt marks were gone. You have to be careful not to go over the same spot more than two times or the stuff underneath will come off onto the brush.

[edit] Some fissures appeared in my nail polish after a few days, which has never happened before. I can only assume that it was the top coat. A shame really.

on 10/12/2011 12:30:00 PM

The best fast drying top coat I've ever used. Fast, shiny, thin. Better than Seche Vite - no shrinkage.

on 10/11/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It makes my nails very shiny and certainly dries faster than my Sephora by OPI 3-in-1 coat. It evens out my polish and makes the polish stay longer without chipping or peeling. It does not dry out super fast but with my clumsy hands and limit patience, it does make my polish smudge far less. I also bought it on sale for less than $5. For the cost, it performs great. One tiny problem I have is with the clear brush head, it is hard for me to see how much coat I have on the brush since both are colorless. It can make applications a bit tricky.

Update: This is my go to top coat now. I absolutely love it. Since my application technique has improved quite a lot, it makes my manicure last a lot longer. Plus, the shine it gives does not go away with time. In fact, even after a week, my nails are still quite shiny.