September 30, 2014 | 1017 users online

Top/Base Coats - Revlon - Quick Dry Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by mellabella88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This dries VERY quickly, almost too quickly sometimes it feels like the brush dries up straight after I take take it out of the bottle! Good formula and very shiny, but the brush is TINY, I'm used to the large OPI brushes which are so easy to use. Took off one point only because the brush slows things down... but a good product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by rainingice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved this top coat! It's the first time I've gotten a quick dry top coat but I LOVE IT! Got it for about $2 on sale, and don't regret it. Just like previous reviewers, it's watery so doesn't leave brush marks. I woke up with quilt marks this morning (without the top coat) and I slathered one coat on top and voila! the quilt marks were gone. You have to be careful not to go over the same spot more than two times or the stuff underneath will come off onto the brush.

[edit] Some fissures appeared in my nail polish after a few days, which has never happened before. I can only assume that it was the top coat. A shame really.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by monikaus

The best fast drying top coat I've ever used. Fast, shiny, thin. Better than Seche Vite - no shrinkage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It makes my nails very shiny and certainly dries faster than my Sephora by OPI 3-in-1 coat. It evens out my polish and makes the polish stay longer without chipping or peeling. It does not dry out super fast but with my clumsy hands and limit patience, it does make my polish smudge far less. I also bought it on sale for less than $5. For the cost, it performs great. One tiny problem I have is with the clear brush head, it is hard for me to see how much coat I have on the brush since both are colorless. It can make applications a bit tricky.

Update: This is my go to top coat now. I absolutely love it. Since my application technique has improved quite a lot, it makes my manicure last a lot longer. Plus, the shine it gives does not go away with time. In fact, even after a week, my nails are still quite shiny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG Topcoat is Seche Vite but I use this when I run out.

Dries very fast. Not as shiny or as thick as Seche Vite but looks pretty good!
Only thing I don't like is the container is frosty which means it's difficult to see how goopy the polish has become when exposed to air for too long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I don't have a ton of experience with top coats, but this was waaaay better than the Sally Hansen one I was trying. It does dry VERY quickly and leaves your polish rock hard and shiny, which is great for people (like me) whom are clumsy and often knock their newly-colored nails into everything imaginable. It even protects layers of polish that haven't fully dried yet (feels a little "sticky" to the touch) so it's great for tossing on and running out the door. I also haven't seen any evidence of bubbling in this top coat, although I do wish that the brush was a bit bigger/wider. It takes a lot of strokes to cover one nail, so I am taking off a lippie for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by xoxolivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow.. I usually have bad luck when buying top coats but this one was better than I expected. I haven't tried SV, but I am satisfied with Revlon's. It may peel.. but only because it dries very well bonded to the nail which is why small parts don't chip off for me. its pretty much all or nothing when the top coat wants to come off! It stays clear and glossy for many days (although I usually don't keep manicures on for too long.) some people say that they put a new coat on every day but I don't see a need for that when you use this top coat!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by itsliz

This is my new go-to quick dry top coat! It blows Seche Vite out of the water!

I find it dries just as fast as SV, and just as shiny, which is awesome because that is one of the reasons I kept going back to SV, for the shine.

It does not shrink your polish, the polish does not get goopy as you use up the polish and get closer to the bottle. The brush extends almost to the bottom of the bottle, unlike SV, which is awesome.

It does not smell like a chemical factory like SV or China Glaze Fast Forward, and that is because it is Big 3 Free, wahoo!

I also find, as QDTC it makes my manicures last relatively long (for me) and I am very hard on my nails.

All in all, this is a great polish. It is readily available at most drugstores, and is around $8, although Revlon products are almost always on sale somewhere.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ontheglam

What a great find! I needed a quick-dry top coat to replace my OTD top coat, but I wanted to try and find a cheaper alternative. This is it! Most quick-dry top coats I've used result in serious shrinkage (even Seche Vite), but this one hasn't at all. Shine is good, I'd say it's as shiny as SV. I like the formula- it's thin and a bit drippy, but that means no brush marks and an overall even finish. Love this product, and I love the price. Give it a whirl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i needed that quick dry to protect my nails cause i cook,i do laundry,i clean the house,so, i need that to continue my activities without ruining my nails! Every time i did my nails,i ended up scratching them on a door,or on a cabinet!so,i had to start again!so, now, my nails are protected and shines! Good product! Me happy!i can vacate to my occupations now!love it!