April 19, 2014 | 1562 users online

Hair Color - Ion - Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by MommaTina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I now color my hair a dark natural brown.This stuff really works.it has saved my hair.I use to color my hair red with other products. I love how soft my hair is now.I rather keep my hair dark.The red was damaging.b/c I had to lighten it to get it that bright red.I have colored my hair dark for so long that it's hard to get my hair very light.My hair looks so natural now.Before people would always ask if I was a real readhead.Nobody ask about this color.My skin is too dark for bright red.The smell of this is very nice & i don' t have to color it often.It lasts so long.I use to have to color with the red every 3 weeks.Now,it's every 2 mos or longer.I love it! I will always use this stuff no matter what color i do.I also use a color shampoo for choc. hair color,it's so pretty! This saves me from getting it done at a Salon to.I paid 130.00 before at a Salon.It turned out better with this stuff. at only about 9.00 total.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by LBVero

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not like this at all! Did not cover my grey! Washed right out and left me with ash grey roots! Iam a natural darker blonde and used the 8n, left it on for 35-40 mins and when I wased it out I could still see grey right away! It didn't burn ,but it didn't accomplish anything either! I am going back to ion permanant color, I have used that for years, just thought this might be a bit gentler on my scalp!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by petuniafish

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First timer and I really like it. Was told to go a step lighter than my natural shade. While it looks great, next time will do some mixing and go a step and a half lighter. But very pleased with the color and results. Great gray coverage and I'm probably 50-60%. Hair has depth and shine. Initially when my scalp and face started to break out in blisters when professionally colored in the salon, my colorist insisted that my problem was the developer. But I'd done my research, and knew it was the PPD. I used Jazzing prior to this and despite using heat and leaving on for almost 90 min, it just barely took. This product is exactly what I was looking for- takes beautifully.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought ion demi color to use for year while I was dying my hair darker. I always use demi when going darker to only deposit color and little damage to hair. I have found good color combos to use with ion. I wanted a pretty meduim auburn shade. I used 9ng with 4rc, light natural golden blonde and medium copper brown. Beautiful auburn shade. I added the blond with it so it didn't come out too dark. perfect. The shades do run a bit dark. I mix ratio 2:1 with volume 10 developer. Buy a shade or 2 lighter then what you want, but it is shiny and long lasting. I find I use the 9ng a lot as mixing shade so ash tonesare not too ashy and same with neutrals. The neutrals are nice on own though. The 9ng is not very light a name suggests. More a medium to dark golden blond FYI. More yellow gold rather than red though. That is why i mix, to not get too much red if I want a darker golden brown. Buy neutral brown and add golden blond.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by thunderbolt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great color!
I have 20% grey, am a natural level 5 and ash. I had been highlighting my hair to a level 7 base with highlights a level 9. Decided to go dark again, but not to my natural dark ash level.I wanted to tone and cover my grey, add shine and bring my color down to a level 6 with a little warmth. Chose level 8 Natural.This color does go on dark and has warmth. Choose 2 shades lighter than what you desire. I mixed 2 oz color to 4 oz developer per directions, though you could mix 2 oz color to 2 oz developer for better grey coverage.
Added 5 drops of unred by Ardell. I pull red and wanted to counter the red a bit. 1st time I used it. It did turn the color dark, as others have said, so i used just a bit. Not sure if I saw an effect, so next time will use more but not the whole packet.
This color is great for great shine and depositing translucent color. It toned my grey, and covered it but not totally, but significantly. Left some of the grey colored and some translucent with color. Thats ok because I did not want flat opaque hair color. I may try mixing in the 2 oz color to 2 oz developer next time to get better grey coverage per the directions.
I left it on my roots for 30 mins and pulled it through the rest for 12 mins. My hair is porous from the highlighting. The color grabbed well through the mid length, though less so at the roots. Glad I did not leave it on longer on length or my roots would have been lighter than length.
The smell is the most appealing I have smelled in various lines.
Btw, before this the other demi's I tried were Clairol demi soy 4 plex: no shine at all, little grey coverage, threw it out. Tried Clairol Radiance-great shine, no grey coverage.
This color does a lot and all with 10 volume developer, which I prefer over more damaging 20 volume.
I will definitely stay with the Ion Demi, try the 1:1 ratio next time, add a little more UnRed.
Hope this helps you in your decision making :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Medium Ash Blonde 7NA. I am reverting from henna to my natural medium/dark brown color. I used some indigo to tone the red but it was still peeking through. I used greenish/teal manic panic to tone but red still peeking through. I found this laying in my drawer from my blonde days and thought what the hay, at least it's 'ASH'. Mixed 1:2 - color:10 vol and applied for 25 min. It has toned down the red considerably and left me with a warm dark brown. Yes... Medium blonde left me with dark brown. And warning: when they say ash they mean it. Shower run-off and skin stains were green. Which is exactly what I needed and ill definitely buy again to refresh til my natural color grows in, but if you're light blonde or something this will probably turn your hair dark and green. My first time using a Demi color instead of permanent with the lower developer and I'm very pleased; my hair is not damaged. Will use again and again til that pesky red is gone!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by pjsmom3

Okay, today I'm trying the 4RV. I purchased the 3RV and the 4RV because I was torn between how dark I wanted this. But after reading reviews it appears that the color comes out darker so I went with the 4RV for now.
I do have the coppola keratin treatment and I have it redone every 3-4 months. I usually wait after two weeks of the treatment before I color my hair. I used the color, processed for 25 minutes, with the 1:1 ratio, after deciphering that I only wanted to deepen my tone I had. I did the light shampoo as directed. I then used the Ion After Color treatment let it sit for about 5 minutes then followed up with the Ion Deep Daily conditioning for color-treated hair. My hair is so soft and manageable right now. I love the color its actually a deep burgandy tone (which is where the old color was) and then a dark brown/almost black. I'm so happy with this

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Anadgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst thing I've ever used on my hair...I chose Medium Natural Blonde, with the help of a clerk from Sally's...it not only turned my blonde hair a fairly dark brown, it left it flat, with no shine...it looked damaged, dull...the color extremely uneven...with the help of some coconut oil and my old standbye Wella 9N, I got my medium blonde color and shine back...and thankfully, minimal damage to my hair...I will never use Ion again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by goodbyeoddie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have black hair, previously dyed to a medium ash brown from a box about a year ago. I wanted to make my hair a dark chocolate brown, but I wanted to keep from using ammonia in my hair dye. The demi-permanent hair dye was ammonia free, so I purchased 2 boxes of medium natural brown and the Ion 8 oz. 30 volume developer. I mixed the dye and developer together, applied to my hair, let it sit about 20 minutes and then washed it out with warm water and conditioned by hair with the Ion Repair conditioner.

Nothing. My hair is still black, but the parts of my hair that were previously dyed are darker now, more brown. So I guess it still worked? So here's the main thing I've learned from this:

Do you research! I wish I researched mixing rations and called the 1-800 number on the box before I did this! I could have easily figured out if I needed to change the 1:2 ratio or get a different dye.

And for those of you wondering, here's the phone number: 1-800-859-3112

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Ambrielle15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst hair color I've ever tried. I have medium brown hair and I used the blue black dye. I tried dying my hair, following all directions and after 25 minutes, I rinse my hair and what so I find? NONE of the color took to my hair. Wtf. I'm beyond pissed but decide to try again because I want my black hair. I follow directions, however I'm forced to add more of the pigment (tube) than normal. Then I reapply and leave on for 10 minutes longer than suggested. Finally, after all this, my hair is black.
Two months later, I still have half left and it's time for another dye job. Guess what? THE SAME THING HAPPENS!!! I have to color my hair TWICE just to get black! I'm never ever using this product again. I regret ever straying from Wella Colorx charm. If you're looking for a semi permanent hair dye, go for Wella!!! Not this crap!