October 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by MsNikolefm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One day I woke up to my skin being very dry & flaky with a rash like appearance which is not.at all how it usually is which is a normal oily skin. I switched to this brand after deciding its obviously a mixture of the products I'm using and the changes in weather (in the uk its very very cold and icy). I absolutely love the product its super creamy hydrating and makes my skin look radiant. Along side the cleanser my skin looks almost back to normal. It has no scent which I love and sinks in quickly I reaply through the day (if I don't wear makeup) the packaging isn't exactly nice looking and it doesn't come in a handy tube. But overall ive found it works brilliant for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is my holy grail moisturizer. I've used it for a few years now as a nightly moisturizer but after a bad incident with Clinique's 3-step system, this stuff has also become my daily moisturizer as well. It's super thick, cool, and creamy and I'm honestly in love with it. I get flaky skin on my forehead and around my nose/on the top of my cheeks and with this stuff, it's just all gone. My skin stays moisturized all day/night and soothes any flare ups I get. The only thing I would change about this stuff is the packaging. I mean it's a very high quality jar and everything, but it's a little bit on the bulky side. I wish they had the super thick intense moisturizer in a tube instead. But either way, I've been on the same jar ever since I've started using the stuff and I've still got a quarter of the jar to go so $10 a jar every two or so years is pretty damn cheap in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ashnicholexo

This stuff is super moisturizing I use this stuff at night after I wash my face with neutrogena clear pore cleanser/ mask and it's great. Definitely my favorite. I don't wake up having flaky skin. Which is good :) If you use a lot it can be a bit heavy (that's why I only use it at night), but if you don't care then I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love my cetaphils, and now that winter is brutalizing my home this is awesome. I think they reformulated because it's buttery and easier to spread on my skin. It's still in the tub but I use it after a shower so big deal. I also use the lotion. But this stuff is freaking gold. Yes, it's more expensive than a dollar store cream but it lasts. I suffer from itchy, sensitive skin especially in winter. So does my mom. Her doctor recommended this and I'm hooked. Like the lotion, it's fragrance-free, light, absorbs well and leaves skin very soft. The ingredients are slightly different than the daily lotion but not worse. I highly recommend! :) I do want to add that it works best for body. Face, ok, but it's heavier. I wouldn't wear with makeup. But the lotions are all-purpose. Go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this moisturizer! I'm allergic to a lot of things, so I need simple ingredients. I also use tretinoin and it leaves my skin so dry most days. I think that it is non-greasy. After reading the reviews I was expecting it to feel like vaseline, but it's very light and creamy to me. It makes my skin so soft and radiant! I will spend whatever to make my skin great and I'm so excited how cheap this is.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very simple but good moisturizer, it calms the skin down and provides moisture.
I use it only when my skin feels super sensitive and chopped to calm it down, otherwise i prefer using creams with other effects as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by av8r

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this years ago, as I have severely dry Irish skin with rosacea, but then switched to high priced "anti aging" formulas. Then I tried the Bioelements line, just a few products after a spa facial and ended up with cystic acne and painfully flaky and red skin. I bought some of this for lack of not knowing what would sooth it as at the time I was on vacation and had minimal products with me. My skin immediately felt better, and by the next day was on the way to looking normal again.

Sometimes big buck skin care, is just not worth it. I went back to Cetaphil cream, and my Frangipani cleanser and serum ( a great little skin care company out of Indianapolis) My 24 years younger husband says my skin looks like it did when we met.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the rave reviews on here but am afraid this cream was a mess on my skin (fair, dry, sensitive, breakout-prone). I don't even typically use lotions on my face since they all seem to do more damage than good, but since it's getting colder out my skin is really dry (plus I've been trying out acne-fighting products like de la cruz sulfur, which is effective but very drying).

I liked the idea of this being gentle and dermatologist recommended so I tried it. I didn't mind that it kind of sat on my skin because it kind of gave me a dewey look vs. dry/ashy/flaky. But then I'd wake up the next day with tiny little red zits all around my chin area (where I'm prone to breakouts most), but these were almost rash-like compared to my normal breakouts, so I knew something was up.

It's only been a few days since I've used this stuff, and my skin is definitely calmed down again. I looked this product up on cosdna.com today and saw that this cream contains several comedogenic/irritating ingredients. Cetyl alcohol (surfactant/emollient) is the worst comedogenic offender at a 5 (out of 5), with an irritation rating of 2. Dimethicone is at a 1 for acne, and sodium hydroxide (ph adjuster) is at a 5 for irritation. That's a lot for a gentle and dermatologist recommended skin cream! So I would look around for another moisturizer before this one, or at least do a patch test before putting this stuff on your face. For all products it's ymmv, but there's a reason why there are several pages of reviews of people saying this stuff broke them out, so be careful (especially if you're sensitive or breakout-prone to start).

Hope this helps! Check out that cosdna site for more info on what ingredients are comedogenic/irritating so you can get the most out of the products you use on your skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by oo0Vulcan0oo

I love this moisturizer. I try not to put too much on my hands (because if you use to much, you WILL feel greasy). When I end up taking too much product, I just rub it into my hands before applying to my face to take some access product off. Very moisturizing and makes my skin feel good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Ginger4233

omg, literally the best thing ever!!! Its so moisturizing but I don't get breakouts from it. even though it a little heavy and oily, but I use it only at night anyways. not a huge fan of the packaging, but love the product.