September 23, 2014 | 1827 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by LisaVe

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very simple but good moisturizer, it calms the skin down and provides moisture.
I use it only when my skin feels super sensitive and chopped to calm it down, otherwise i prefer using creams with other effects as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by av8r

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use this years ago, as I have severely dry Irish skin with rosacea, but then switched to high priced "anti aging" formulas. Then I tried the Bioelements line, just a few products after a spa facial and ended up with cystic acne and painfully flaky and red skin. I bought some of this for lack of not knowing what would sooth it as at the time I was on vacation and had minimal products with me. My skin immediately felt better, and by the next day was on the way to looking normal again.

Sometimes big buck skin care, is just not worth it. I went back to Cetaphil cream, and my Frangipani cleanser and serum ( a great little skin care company out of Indianapolis) My 24 years younger husband says my skin looks like it did when we met.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because of the rave reviews on here but am afraid this cream was a mess on my skin (fair, dry, sensitive, breakout-prone). I don't even typically use lotions on my face since they all seem to do more damage than good, but since it's getting colder out my skin is really dry (plus I've been trying out acne-fighting products like de la cruz sulfur, which is effective but very drying).

I liked the idea of this being gentle and dermatologist recommended so I tried it. I didn't mind that it kind of sat on my skin because it kind of gave me a dewey look vs. dry/ashy/flaky. But then I'd wake up the next day with tiny little red zits all around my chin area (where I'm prone to breakouts most), but these were almost rash-like compared to my normal breakouts, so I knew something was up.

It's only been a few days since I've used this stuff, and my skin is definitely calmed down again. I looked this product up on cosdna.com today and saw that this cream contains several comedogenic/irritating ingredients. Cetyl alcohol (surfactant/emollient) is the worst comedogenic offender at a 5 (out of 5), with an irritation rating of 2. Dimethicone is at a 1 for acne, and sodium hydroxide (ph adjuster) is at a 5 for irritation. That's a lot for a gentle and dermatologist recommended skin cream! So I would look around for another moisturizer before this one, or at least do a patch test before putting this stuff on your face. For all products it's ymmv, but there's a reason why there are several pages of reviews of people saying this stuff broke them out, so be careful (especially if you're sensitive or breakout-prone to start).

Hope this helps! Check out that cosdna site for more info on what ingredients are comedogenic/irritating so you can get the most out of the products you use on your skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by oo0Vulcan0oo

I love this moisturizer. I try not to put too much on my hands (because if you use to much, you WILL feel greasy). When I end up taking too much product, I just rub it into my hands before applying to my face to take some access product off. Very moisturizing and makes my skin feel good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Ginger4233

omg, literally the best thing ever!!! Its so moisturizing but I don't get breakouts from it. even though it a little heavy and oily, but I use it only at night anyways. not a huge fan of the packaging, but love the product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently started a short course of Accutane so I needed something thicker than my usual moisturiser for night time. I have oily, acne-prone AND sensitive skin so I find it hard to find good skin care products but I'm happy to say this is really working for me.

It doesn't break me out and my skin feels super hydrated the next morning. It does feel heavy on the skin and it makes my face pretty shiny once applied, but its helping to combat the dryness I'm getting from the medication. I purchased this in the tube packaging so its more hygienic and it has lasted me for quite a while.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting a hydrating moisturiser. Even though I have oily skin I don't mind the thicker consistency if I use it before bed and not during the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by furbilicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this moisturizer. I have oily sensitive skin that is prone to breaking out and have been using Retinol for my acne which tends to give me dry patches. I was extremely hesitant prior to using this because the texture seemed too thick to NOT clog up my pores.
However, I'm definitely a believer, it went on smoothly and my skin instantly absorbed the formula, did not leave a residue or make it look oily.
The only negatives I have are
1. the packaging, its not easy to use-I hate scooping it out.
2. I wish it had SPF in it! If your using this during the day you need to lather on sunscreen prior to leaving.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm extremely surprised with this product. It's extremely moisturizing yet I get zero breakouts. It may have to do with the fact that petrolatum is the second ingredient on the list. My face LOVES petroleum jelly!

No scent is a plus, too. I just hate having to smell heavy perfume while I'm trying to sleep.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I use this on my arms, feet and legs during the winter months and it is amazing! It stays on all day and keeps my skin from cracking and bleeding. When I hop in the shower, I feel it melting away. When I get out of the shower and am still damp, I slather it on. Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Pcruz1031