November 29, 2014 | 1677 users online

Body Scrubs - Soap & Glory - Flake Away Spa Body Polish

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this product. Using it made me realize how much I liked the St Ives shea butter body polish I was using before. This product does exfoliate well but that's about it. I hate how greasy it is - it's basically Vaseline with huge chunks of salt in it. You don't need to use a lot but even if you use just a bit, the grease won't come off of your skin. Even a day after use, my skin felt as greasy, NOT moisturized. Using this annoyed the hell out of me! I'd always get bits on salt stuck all over my back and sides. Since the salt doesn't disolve under water and since the Vaseline makes it stick like crazy, you need to wash yourself again in order to get rid of the disgusting residue. Plus, I even have to pay a special attention to how I clean my bath after I use this since there are so many grains glued to it.

Bottom line, it's really messy to use. I used to scrub my body quite often (2-3 times a week) when I was using the St-Ives product. Now, I don't even scrub once a week. That's how much I hate this product. That's a shame since it cost me more than $10 CDN. I'd hate to waste it, so I guess it will take me a GOOD while to finish it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by BabiesStoleMyDingo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best body scrub I have every come across. I have KP and psoriasis and this is heaven-sent. Really heavy duty exfoliation. This stuff is rough but in a good way - gives your skin a really good scrub. This is oil-based but the oils sinks into your skin right away, unlike other oil-based scrubs that just stay on your skin. Love love love love love. Seriously, I cannot put into words how great this stuff is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I have repurchased this body scrub soo many times and i think that i will be doing so forever as it is my HG! I love all of the S &G products and this is one of my favourites. It smells gorgeous and leaves my skin silky smooth. It also really moisturises my skin which i think some people feel is leaving it slightly greasy as it does leave a slight film on the skin. I personally like this because for me ( i dont have particularly dry skin on my body) so it means that i dont have to apply moisturiser so often! I can understand though why some people may not like this! I pick this up in Boots for 7 approximately i believe and for me this is a real bargain as the large tub lasts ages and i think its an excellent quality product. Definitely try if you are looking for a new body scrub! Its fab :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by StephanieMarie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this scrub! Best i've found. I use about once a week and it keeps my skin extra soft and smooth. The smell is great! Some other reviews said it left skin oily, but i did not notice this at all. I would try if you're looking for a good clean scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 6:59:00 AM More reviews by ambra26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great body scrub. Some people have commented on the oily feel left behind, but I actually like it-it adds moisture to my legs before ever getting out of the shower. It has a nice scent, nothing overwhelming and the granules are nice: nothing too harsh, but large enough to do their job. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh this is the best scrub ever. love the smell and it makes your skin feel soo smooth afterwards and moisturised at the same time, i would definatley recommend it. after just one use you can really feel a huge difference its great

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mrssarahturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Brill scrub. Better than the salt scrub from Sanctuary, and from memory it's slightly cheaper. Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by dollyclack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does a fantastic job and I would definitely buy it again - however I really dislike the smell. The smell reminds me of a cheap nail varnish remover - the Great Shakes hand cream smells the same. However, as I said, it does a really good job and leaves the skin feeling ultra smooth so just have to hold my nose!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 6:13:00 AM More reviews by allegretta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like all S&G products this has a sickly/synthetic scent, which fortunately does not linger. I don't normally use body scrubs, as I have had a reaction to them in the past, but this came as part of a set. The texture is good, not too coarse or grainy. I think the scratchy plastic gloves sold for the purpose, and shower gel do a better job than any body scrub, but I used this on my feet and was pleasantly surprised by the results it made them feel smooth and fresh.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by heyjaayshaf

am i the only one who thinks this stuff smells like old lady perfume? it doesn't smell like miss dior cherie at all in my opinion. i really just think it stinks to be honest. but it really could just be me, most of the people reviewing this product say they like the smell, even my mom likes the smell. i don't know, go smell if for yourself. besides the smell, i absolutely adore this product. it makes my skin sooo soft and glowy too! i will repurchase, even though it smells awful it works wonders.