September 30, 2014 | 1930 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by jessicar4bbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Let me preface this review by describing my skin. I have acne prone oily combination skin. My cheeks are covered in acne scars and slight rosacea that flares up when I use certain products on my skin and just in general (cold weather is worse for it). The only time I ever had seemingly perfect skin was right after I gave birth to my 3-month-old son (with the influx of hormones I'm certain) and that only lasted for a week or two :( Bummer. But as I was saying, my skin is crapville. I generally have avoided trying new products on my face because it is so sensitive and I flare up in spots really easy. Been through a course of accutane and on the BCP, the former destroyed my hair and didn't cure my acne, and the BCP only works some of the time and am trying not to use it anymore and just go all natural.

In the last year I decided enough was enough and I wanted to try and find that HG product that would help clear up my skin. I wasn't hoping for a miracle or anything, just something that would help with 80% of my spots even, and help even out my skin tone and rosacea. I tried EVOO which was an absolute NIGHTMARE for my face and caused me to break out into all kinds of mess after just one use so never again. I tried benzyl peroxide spot treatments, bicarbonate of soda washes, several face washes that only irritated my skin and dried it out. I find basically anything drugstore bought, my face hates it, so I stopped buying anything from the shops and looked online. After reading about grapeseed oil and its benefits I went ahead and bought pure carrier grapeseed oil on Amazon for around 7 pounds, 1L so a big bottle of it and thought I'd give it a try. What have I got to lose, my perfect complexion? LOL

So right away I used it in the evening, didn't bother with cotton pads or anything, just washed and cleaned my hand and poured just a little onto my palm, rubbed and patted it onto my skin (which was damp with water by the by). My face felt slick, wet, but not too heavy oily like the EVOO left me feeling, so I thought, "hm, okay, not a bad start".

HOLY MOLY. This stuff is AMAZING! The next day I woke up and my skin looked so smooth, glowy, the redness had calmed down (a little), no spots or breakouts, it really did look like new skin. I couldn't believe how good it looked. Sounds like an exaggeration but seriously, it is 100% true. So I used it again in the morning, and evening before bed, for a good month before deciding to write this review. Let me just say that I love, love, love, adore, cherish, worship this oil. Never did I think that oil would help to clear my skin up so well. I no longer have horrible oily combination skin, after using this stuff on my face and then leaving it to soak in either overnight or for 10 minutes or so in the morning before my daily makeup ritual, it leaves my face soft, smooth, my skin tone (which is incredibly pale) looking even, glowing and dewy it is incredible. It stays this way throughout the entire day even through cold weather. My rosacea is clearing up and really, is barely noticeable anymore, and even my acne scaring is healing up significantly. I haven't had a flare up of spots since I started using this, in fact it has helped to clear them up and keep it at bay entirely! I've only had 1 spot in 1 whole month which is unheard of for me. My skin no longer looks dull and horrible, it really is just the most beautiful face I've ever had, without taking pills, or using harsh treatments. Just simply grapeseed oil applied to my face morning and night.

It also removes all my makeup so easily, like it just melts it away, even waterproof mascara. I only need to use both sides of a cotton pad to get everything off, after which no makeup or dirt/oil shows up. After my makeup is gone I pat a little more GSO on my face and leave it to soak up during the night and work it's wonder magic.

Unless you couldn't tell already, I am totally bowled over, because I never expected perfect skin in a bottle, let alone for such a small price and something so simple as grapeseed oil. It is wonderful. So nourishing and light, it is perfect for my acne prone combination skin. You wouldn't think I even had that skin type by looking at me. I've had so many compliments on my skin since I started using it a month ago, even my boyfriend who hardly notices a thing about me unless it is totally obvious had commented from day 1 how much better my skin was looking. He, my sister especially, and my mum all can't stop touching it because it is so soft and smooth. I swear by this oil. It also works so well as a body moisturizer after a shower, skin just sucks it right up and is left feeling amazing. Although this might not work for everyone (which sucks), if you do have oily/combination skin, please at least try it for just a week. You might be surprised by just how well this works at making your skin look its best. Sorry to have blabbed on about this for so long but it really is my HG product now, and you can combine it with so many different oils and such to create unique concoctions that are specific for certain problem areas.

I love grapeseed oil!

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tassekuchen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My masseuse once told me this is what they used on everyone's skin! I found that using a pea size drop of Grapeseed Oil and then running it through wet hair will leave it super soft. My skin is very sensitive and many commercial hair products leave me feeling sticky or rashy. This absorbs right into the skin, with no sticky or tacky feeling after. I also use it for a total body moisturizer, in the wintertime, however do not use it on my face as it's super oily, acne prone, and overall very sensitive. My $8.00 bottle has lasted me well into a year; you can purchase it at the grocery store, where you find the other cooking oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in my hair and for OCM. Its great, its not as thick and heavy as olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by MadameDesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Grapeseed oil is bangin'. When I first started using oil to clean off makeup, I used olive, which was just too rich for my already oily and acne-prone skin.
I picked up some grapeseed oil last year at Trader Joe's and have loved it over since.
I've used it to remove makeup and as a moisturizer. It's a drier oil, so it sinks in really fast and is not greasy. Still, it hydrates oily/combo skin.
It's also a great cuticle oil for the day. I keep some in an old eye drop bottle and use it throughout the day. It sinks is fast enough that I can use it during the day without getting oily fingerprints on everything.

All in all, a great oil :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mizukitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love using grapeseed oil on my skin. I recommend it for every skin type because it works wonderfully on my combination skin. My cheeks are no longer tight and dry, my oily t-zone is nice and hydrated but NOT greasy. Overall, my skin feels soooo supple and soft and I'm pretty sure that it has reduced my blemishes/scarring over time. Its moisturizing capabilities are unbeatable, even by the most expensive and luxurious high end products. Highly recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using grapeseed oil for more than 2 years now as a body oil and have zero complaints. Very light, absorbs quickly when rubbed in so perfect for use in the morning when time is an issue. If anything, I would credit this, combined with ABS from Coastal Scents, for keeping my body breakout free during the sweaty summer months. (Oh come on! We all know it can be a problem! :-)

Inexpensive, readily available, unscented & pleasant to use, it works a treat after a shower when your skin is still damp - there is no reason to spend tons of money on moisturizers that are filled with... well fillers. The antioxidants are an added bonus to helping skin stay supple. I decant from a bottle kept in the kitchen into a small Muji bottle to make it more user friendly.

I don't use it for OCM but I will give it a shot when I finish off my jojoba. Its really a great oil No reason not to try it because if it doesn't work for you, you can always use it to cook with....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL of everything & anything in need of moisture. Seriously, it sounds like a crazy claim for a product you purchase in a super market, but it's the most versatile liquid around. A little background info on yours truly (if this sounds like you, you obviously would do well by this product): I have extremely sensitive skin; if I rub my face or neck, it's instantly red. I'm prone to break outs, get t-zone oil which likes to trade off with t-zone alligator (you know, a beautifully scaly nose?). I have a hard time keeping my skin balanced, & unfortunately sticking with a skincare routine for months or years doesn't always do the trick. Life could be worse, but I complain anyway. Enough about me, onward with the grapeseed.

I heard that grapeseed oil is good for sensitive skin, so I gave it the ol' college try. I used a small amount on my face after cleansing as a moisturizer twice a day. Also, twice a week I mix a few tbsp of the oil with a tbsp of sugar & gently exfoliate my face (works great for exfoliating the body, too!) . Within a week or so my face began to clear up. I don't mean "OMG check out my flawless face!", more of a realistic "check out the downgraded pimple patch". Yeah, occasionally I look like a boy going through puberty, what's it to you? Anyway, three weeks in and skin looks healthier, pimples are practically nonexistent. Skin is soft, tone nice and even - and best of all, I don't want to itch my face off (my normal reaction to products my sensitive skin doesn't care for).

A couple other uses - I use the "sugar scrub" mentioned above on my body and lips once a week and my chapped lips are perfect and body hasn't had any violent sensitive skin reactions (moisture really does the trick).

Last use I've found, hot oil mask for hair. Cleanse hair with a deep cleansing shampoo (or baking soda, which also strips product build up), put a little grapeseed oil in a sandwich bag (enough to cover all your hair) and immerse in warm/hot water for a few minutes, until warm but not burn-your-scalp-off hot (because who wants that?). While hair is wet, apply oil from tips of your hair to scalp. Wrap hair in a towel and wait 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on hair type or time you have available. Rinse out. I then sleep with the rinsed out wet hair and wait to shampoo til the morning, but it's all up to you and the amount of time you have available. Shampoo & condition as you normally would. Seriously - hair is INCREDIBLY soft.

23 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this on my face one night and woke up with dry flaky skin. I thought to myself: What the fudge???? Isn't this supposed to be a light hydrating oil? So you'll be surprised to learn that I'm giving it 5 lippies. And the reason is because after getting some unsightly huge zits on my chin, I had a brain wave and decided to use the oil on them. I applied a drop on a cotton bud and dabbed the oil on my zits. Within 2-3 days they had dried up completely. I was both amazed and impressed. So for those of you who feel this oil is too drying, use it as a zit zapper instead. Update 02 Oct 2012: I've found other great uses for this oil. I now use it in place of jojoba oil as a makeup remover. Also although I find it drying used on its own or in large quantities, I mix a tiny quantity of this with much larger quantities of sweet almond oil and apply it with moist finger tips to my face and eye area immediately after showering. I did this for two weeks and my skin was so even and nourished. I definitely saw even more of an improvement once I added a bit of the grapeseed oil. The perpetual redness of my face gradually faded and I hadn't had a single zit. I then decided to try decleor aromaessence d'orient serum. I've been on it for three days but already I can see that my skin just doesn't look as good as when I using a plain face oil mix. But that's for another post. So in conclusion if you find this too drying used on its own and still want to reap its benefits, mix a bit of it with the oil that best works for your face. I mix mine in an 80:20 ratio. You can decide. UPDATE 13.11.2012: Tried it as a makeup remover on a moistened cotton padcand it just melted my eyeliner and mascara right away. Absolutely lovely!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AH-MAZING!
I was hesitant to use grapeseed oil, because my skin seemed like it needed moisture! Kept going back and forth between jojoba and almond oil, but felt like neither could really penetrate, just sit on top of my skin. Almond oil was great after exfoliating, but in hindsight I see it was just getting me by UNTIL!... I finally went ahead and got grapeseed oil. Again, very iffy! The first time I put it on I was touching my face like "oh my god, this is it!" Sometimes with face routines I go through with it thinking meh meh, I haven't had good skin in awhile so I probably don't know how its supposed to feel. Really, this is so natural, lightweight, it sucks right into the skin, and did I say it feels natural? I think its actually clearing my skin! Just two drops in my hand, rub them together, and lightly *brush* (not rub) throughout the face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by GreyHuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Grapeseed Oil is excellent, very moisturizing. Has great skin benefits(google it). The reason why some or any oil "clogs pores" is because of your pores. I would get clogged pores and wonder why? But than I read online it's my pores and not Oils. So I purchased Salicylic Acid on Ebay 20% and after the first peel days after my pores weren't so clogged, they were a little bit, I will not lie but they were decreasing with the second peel it kept decreasing once again. So yeah I figured out the Olive Oil(I used that before Grapeseed Oil) wasn't clogging my pores, my pores were already clogged.

Buy some Salicylic Acid 20%(for beginners and do not over apply the Acid or you'll have burned skin) on Ebay and you will see the difference. And will be able to benefit from Grapeseed Oil and other Organic Oils.