Grapeseed Oil

4.3

grapeseed oil!

on 4/14/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros

- lightweight
- balances oily skin
- absorbs quickly
- high in antioxidants
- provides sun protection

Cons

- expires quickly

Comments: I would never think that an oil could control my...oil. This is fantastic for oily skin. It is now my go-to facial moisturizer. It apparently also helps with stretch marks, but I will have to use this a while longer to see if I get results. I have used this as a heat protectant with no damage to my hair (no my hair didn't turn into fried chicken) and controls frizz better than my silicone-based serums without weighing down my fine hair. Napa Valley Naturals is supposedly the brand to go for when purchasing this oil, but I even like Life-Flo quite a bit and is found at most health stores.

Will repurchase.

on 4/2/2013 1:09:00 AM

I started using grapeseed oil Nov 2012. So far so good! It helped my skin deal with the dryness from the heater and even though I'm oily it doesn't really make me oilier nor does it cause me to break out more. At night after cleansing, I wipe down my face with some oil on a cotton ball and it still manages to pull dirt and makeup off. Then I put moisturizer on top. Morning routine is similar, I put on a light layer then spf moisturizer on top.

on 3/22/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I just buy my grapeseed oil in the cooking section of coles and it does the trick plus its organic.
I have dry skin which becomes super oily and im prone to acne as a result. Not nice!
I used this and it kept my oily skin at bay and hence the acne at bay but for some unknown reason, I became bored of clear skin and stopped using it. I know, its insane. So yeah, now I'm breaking out again.
Time to go get myself another bottle of this liquid gold.

on 2/28/2013 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

My skin is oily and acne-prone, yet sensitive to fragrance and any form of coconut. This leaves many "natural" products out. I love grapeseed oil as a pre-cleanse in the AM and PM, as it is the number one reason my skin produces less oil and looks almost normal/balanced. I used to have oil slicks around my nose and cheeks, and it looks so much better now. I also use this on my chest for clogged pores, then rinse with olive oil soap.

on 2/10/2013 4:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have combination rosacea skin. I've tried grapeseed oil on two occasions. Both times it has caused me to breakout and simultaneously given me terrible dry flaky nasolabial folds. Yuck! I wish I hadn't given it a second chance. My skin feels awful.

on 2/9/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this! Its so gentle and moisturizing. Once I used a hair removal lotion, and it damaged my skin so bad. I couldn't even smile, it burned and it leaved my skin so dry in that area! So all I did was I washed my face with oatmeal and then I patted on some grapeseed oil. The day after it didn't burn so much and it was so soft! And in two days it was gone! I use it everyday after I come from school and wash my face. I only use it when I'm not going out and when I'm going to sleep. Since my skin is so oily I cant use it during the day. I also use it as a conditioner for the hair and for the body.
LOVE IT!! Such a life saver!

on 2/6/2013 4:35:00 PM

At first, my skin never looked so radiant and healthy after using this oil for few days. then the nightmare started.. I had really bad breakout!! I will never use or even touch this oil again. i guess it's just my skin doesn't like it. but i believe it will be a wonderful skincare for someone who don't breakout so easily. just be careful with this oil.

on 2/6/2013 12:51:00 AM

OMG I LOVE grapeseed oil! I was reluctant to try it at first, cause I have acne-prone skin with an oily t-zone but I put it on at night all over my face and just on my cheeks in the morning.The cold weather plus the acne cream I use makes my cheeks really dry and tight but since using grapeseed oil my skin has been so soft and supple :) I cant explain how happy I am since I have found this oil, the condition of my skin has improved plus a little goes a long way and its cheap!! :D

on 1/17/2013 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I started using olive oil quite some time ago to wash my extremely dry skin nightly. I decided to try grapeseed oil instead and purchased Sadaf pure grapeseed oil and it's wonderful. The best part is I bought a huge handle of it from target for only 10 bucks.

on 1/13/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

I use President's Choice brand. In fact, I get it from the cooking oil shelf. It's way cheaper than going to the health food store and getting one categorized as a body oil. I use it on the body only, not brave enough to use it on my face. I was looking for something to use on my kids' because the lotions just were not good enough. They get ashy because they have a darker skin tone (half chinese, half black). This makes their skin absolutely beautiful. I put a little in my daughter's hair too. It makes it easier to brush, gives a nice shine and keeps the frizz down.

Popular Face Skincare Products