July 31, 2014 | 1877 users online

Skincare - Face - Grapeseed oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by MadameDesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Grapeseed oil is bangin'. When I first started using oil to clean off makeup, I used olive, which was just too rich for my already oily and acne-prone skin.
I picked up some grapeseed oil last year at Trader Joe's and have loved it over since.
I've used it to remove makeup and as a moisturizer. It's a drier oil, so it sinks in really fast and is not greasy. Still, it hydrates oily/combo skin.
It's also a great cuticle oil for the day. I keep some in an old eye drop bottle and use it throughout the day. It sinks is fast enough that I can use it during the day without getting oily fingerprints on everything.

All in all, a great oil :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mizukitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love using grapeseed oil on my skin. I recommend it for every skin type because it works wonderfully on my combination skin. My cheeks are no longer tight and dry, my oily t-zone is nice and hydrated but NOT greasy. Overall, my skin feels soooo supple and soft and I'm pretty sure that it has reduced my blemishes/scarring over time. Its moisturizing capabilities are unbeatable, even by the most expensive and luxurious high end products. Highly recommend!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using grapeseed oil for more than 2 years now as a body oil and have zero complaints. Very light, absorbs quickly when rubbed in so perfect for use in the morning when time is an issue. If anything, I would credit this, combined with ABS from Coastal Scents, for keeping my body breakout free during the sweaty summer months. (Oh come on! We all know it can be a problem! :-)

Inexpensive, readily available, unscented & pleasant to use, it works a treat after a shower when your skin is still damp - there is no reason to spend tons of money on moisturizers that are filled with... well fillers. The antioxidants are an added bonus to helping skin stay supple. I decant from a bottle kept in the kitchen into a small Muji bottle to make it more user friendly.

I don't use it for OCM but I will give it a shot when I finish off my jojoba. Its really a great oil No reason not to try it because if it doesn't work for you, you can always use it to cook with....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL of everything & anything in need of moisture. Seriously, it sounds like a crazy claim for a product you purchase in a super market, but it's the most versatile liquid around. A little background info on yours truly (if this sounds like you, you obviously would do well by this product): I have extremely sensitive skin; if I rub my face or neck, it's instantly red. I'm prone to break outs, get t-zone oil which likes to trade off with t-zone alligator (you know, a beautifully scaly nose?). I have a hard time keeping my skin balanced, & unfortunately sticking with a skincare routine for months or years doesn't always do the trick. Life could be worse, but I complain anyway. Enough about me, onward with the grapeseed.

I heard that grapeseed oil is good for sensitive skin, so I gave it the ol' college try. I used a small amount on my face after cleansing as a moisturizer twice a day. Also, twice a week I mix a few tbsp of the oil with a tbsp of sugar & gently exfoliate my face (works great for exfoliating the body, too!) . Within a week or so my face began to clear up. I don't mean "OMG check out my flawless face!", more of a realistic "check out the downgraded pimple patch". Yeah, occasionally I look like a boy going through puberty, what's it to you? Anyway, three weeks in and skin looks healthier, pimples are practically nonexistent. Skin is soft, tone nice and even - and best of all, I don't want to itch my face off (my normal reaction to products my sensitive skin doesn't care for).

A couple other uses - I use the "sugar scrub" mentioned above on my body and lips once a week and my chapped lips are perfect and body hasn't had any violent sensitive skin reactions (moisture really does the trick).

Last use I've found, hot oil mask for hair. Cleanse hair with a deep cleansing shampoo (or baking soda, which also strips product build up), put a little grapeseed oil in a sandwich bag (enough to cover all your hair) and immerse in warm/hot water for a few minutes, until warm but not burn-your-scalp-off hot (because who wants that?). While hair is wet, apply oil from tips of your hair to scalp. Wrap hair in a towel and wait 20 minutes to 2 hours, depending on hair type or time you have available. Rinse out. I then sleep with the rinsed out wet hair and wait to shampoo til the morning, but it's all up to you and the amount of time you have available. Shampoo & condition as you normally would. Seriously - hair is INCREDIBLY soft.

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by aessop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this on my face one night and woke up with dry flaky skin. I thought to myself: What the fudge???? Isn't this supposed to be a light hydrating oil? So you'll be surprised to learn that I'm giving it 5 lippies. And the reason is because after getting some unsightly huge zits on my chin, I had a brain wave and decided to use the oil on them. I applied a drop on a cotton bud and dabbed the oil on my zits. Within 2-3 days they had dried up completely. I was both amazed and impressed. So for those of you who feel this oil is too drying, use it as a zit zapper instead. Update 02 Oct 2012: I've found other great uses for this oil. I now use it in place of jojoba oil as a makeup remover. Also although I find it drying used on its own or in large quantities, I mix a tiny quantity of this with much larger quantities of sweet almond oil and apply it with moist finger tips to my face and eye area immediately after showering. I did this for two weeks and my skin was so even and nourished. I definitely saw even more of an improvement once I added a bit of the grapeseed oil. The perpetual redness of my face gradually faded and I hadn't had a single zit. I then decided to try decleor aromaessence d'orient serum. I've been on it for three days but already I can see that my skin just doesn't look as good as when I using a plain face oil mix. But that's for another post. So in conclusion if you find this too drying used on its own and still want to reap its benefits, mix a bit of it with the oil that best works for your face. I mix mine in an 80:20 ratio. You can decide. UPDATE 13.11.2012: Tried it as a makeup remover on a moistened cotton padcand it just melted my eyeliner and mascara right away. Absolutely lovely!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AH-MAZING!
I was hesitant to use grapeseed oil, because my skin seemed like it needed moisture! Kept going back and forth between jojoba and almond oil, but felt like neither could really penetrate, just sit on top of my skin. Almond oil was great after exfoliating, but in hindsight I see it was just getting me by UNTIL!... I finally went ahead and got grapeseed oil. Again, very iffy! The first time I put it on I was touching my face like "oh my god, this is it!" Sometimes with face routines I go through with it thinking meh meh, I haven't had good skin in awhile so I probably don't know how its supposed to feel. Really, this is so natural, lightweight, it sucks right into the skin, and did I say it feels natural? I think its actually clearing my skin! Just two drops in my hand, rub them together, and lightly *brush* (not rub) throughout the face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by GreyHuman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Grapeseed Oil is excellent, very moisturizing. Has great skin benefits(google it). The reason why some or any oil "clogs pores" is because of your pores. I would get clogged pores and wonder why? But than I read online it's my pores and not Oils. So I purchased Salicylic Acid on Ebay 20% and after the first peel days after my pores weren't so clogged, they were a little bit, I will not lie but they were decreasing with the second peel it kept decreasing once again. So yeah I figured out the Olive Oil(I used that before Grapeseed Oil) wasn't clogging my pores, my pores were already clogged.

Buy some Salicylic Acid 20%(for beginners and do not over apply the Acid or you'll have burned skin) on Ebay and you will see the difference. And will be able to benefit from Grapeseed Oil and other Organic Oils.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by a1nikki

I've been using the grapeseed oil (cooking oil form) on my skin for almost two months now and i gotta say it really works on my skin!!
I have a combination skin and before this, i have a lot of pimples, black-head and white-head and it's very hard to get a clear skin even using high-end quality product. Recently, I went to get my facial treatment (monthly routine) and the beautician told me that my skin has improved alot. She said she is able to squeeze the black-head and white-head easily and my face is less oily!
I've been massaging the oil on my skin every night before i went to sleep and i will keep this routine up because it keeps the pimples away, balance my skin and it is also known as anti-aging remedy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ShannonEmily123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS!!! I have grapeseed oil which is used for massaging from my local Holland & Barratt but still use it on my face. I have mild rosacea with a broken blood vessel on the end of my nose and one on the outside of my nostril,i also have a few small ones on my cheeks. Applying grapeseed oil everyday for a week only on my affected areas has helped fade them so much. The broken capliiaries in my nose are already fading and i don't even need makeup to cover them anymore! As for the ones on my cheeks,they are completely gone and my blotchy,patchy red rosacea cheeks now look like natural pink cheeks! I am amazed,although my rosacea isn't cured it looks like i am naturally rosy which looks beautiful on my pale skin :) I have had no more blocked pores then i normally would have from this oil,which suprised me considering i have oily skin which is really bad for blocked pores. Great!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I buy Grape Seed Oil, but the cooking kind. I have combo oily skin, with the occasional pimple and post marks. When you are in your 30s, its hard to muster the fact that your skin is changing, aging. Now, I have seen every expensive skin on the market (seen, not used). Call me cheap, but I don't want to pay 80$ for a cream full of additives. I want something pure, not diluted. I read about the health benefits/skin benefits of grape seed oil. My only regret was not using it during my mid 20s. For the past 4-5 months of using my grape seed oil around my eyes, crow's feet, browbone and lashes every night before I go to sleep. It literally has made my skin look as if I was still in my mid 20s. This is not an exaggeration, its "swear to God" truth. My lashes were stiff and lifeless. Now My lashes have life and I even seen more lashes grow. Any little wrinkle I had under my eyes, have been smoothed out . Now the big question: Does it make me break out? On occasion, yes. But not every time. and it is not a full on zit fest, it would be one small red bump. And it would always be above my brow area, never on my face. But with me, I have made it a habit to use it every night before I go to sleep. The very few times I forgot to use it, You can see it under the eye area and crows feet. It looks pronounced (the wrinkles). So, for me grape seed oil is for life. I donít mind needing to pour the oil is one of those travel size containers. the benefits outweigh the small inconvenience of pouring it to a smaller jar and the occasional pimple i get. Get the oil from the cooking section of your supermarket, don't buy the small overpriced ones you find in the health stores. Do not wait...get this oil. Its a beauty staple. One more thing. IT WORKS WONDERS for chapped elbows and heels.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No