Essie Matte About You

4.4

Ehtyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Dissobutyrate, Silica, Adipic Acid/neopnetyl Glycol/trimllitic Anhydride Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonum Hectorite, Citric Acid.

on 8/25/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This does a great job initially but does tend to start looking tatty after only a couple of days. I tend to get sick of polish after two or 3 days anyway so that's not too much of a problem!

Looks good on light or sheer colours (uploaded image of a french using nude beach for example), but amazing on bright or dark shades. I got a great deal on this, so worth the price.

on 8/23/2010 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I like the mattifying effect, but it chips too easily to make it worth the price. It didn't even last a day on me.

This is a great matte topcoat. It transformed my nails into a smooth matte finish. I am very satisfied with the results. This is a great addition to my nail polish collection (which is HUGE by the way) so its a pleasure to be able to add this in anytime I want to try one of my old colors with a new finish. This is a quality product overall, worth the price. As far as matte topcoats go this beats them all!! Very easy to use and dries almost instantly. 5 lippies

Not impressed. It made my nails chip and looked like an old dry paint job. Not a fan.

on 7/31/2010 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the best matte top coat I have tried yet. That said, I haven't had a chance to try Orly's yet. I am partial to Orly products, too.

Essie's Matte About You gives the perfect matte satiny texture I am after in a matte polish. And it turns any polish I own into a satiny matte wonderland. I love this because I am not stuck to the colors available in a matte lacquer line. Sally Hansen makes this grey that I adore. With Essie's Matte About You, I can make this grey loveliness into a matte polish, perfect for days when I am not feeling the positivity of shiny nails. The price is great and the product is wonderful. It dries quickly and lasts for ages. If you are feeling the matte trend, you won't regret Essie's matte top coat!

Pretty self explanatory product. I have noticed that it tends to pick up dried polish when I'm applying over bright colors (you know, sort of dissolving them and smearing them all over and the color ends up in the Matte About You bottle) so one lippie off for that.

on 7/31/2010 3:42:00 PM

This product delivers! It does especially well if you're doing a nail design that uses different colors and you end up with a raised textured from layering polishes; just swipe a layer of this over your nail and your nail is smooth like you only put one coat on! It give a unique look when only using one color of polish as well. I love this stuff. You can get really creative with it!

I have never used any other matte top coats, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but Essie Matte About You works very well for me. It dries quickly and lasts for as long as I wear my polish (usually one day, 3 days maximum). I especially love to use it over glitter polishes, and I will definitely be purchasing again when I run out!

on 7/20/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I'm in luuurve. I haven't tried other matte polishes, so I haven't got any base of comparison, but why bother when you've got this one?

To be highly recommended!

on 7/15/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing product - seriously - I don't know how it works...but it will make ANY nail polish have a matte finish! So super cool!

Top Rated Essie Products