October 2, 2014 | 1457 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ktaylo36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate it, no matter how thin of a coat i use and apply nail polish it does not dry!!!will not buy again..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by RawCreoleGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used this base coat for years. It does a wonderful job.

I may try others to compare, but I am VERY happy with this. The current bottle I'm using I have had for YEARS and it is still good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I recently rediscovered this product, and I can't believe I ever strayed. I started using it a few years ago when I got into nails (thanks to the nail board) and then for some reason when my bottle ran out I switched to Orly Bonder and never went back. I think because Bonder is more readily available.

But a few months ago I decided to pick this up again, and it is SO much better than Bonder and even Sally Hansen Nail Quencher, which I find works really well with Zoya. Stickey is amazing with everything, though, even drugstore polishes that I had given up on wearing. I currently have it on with an OPI Matte and no topcoat, and my mani has still lasted 2 days. (That's pretty good wear for me normally and GREAT for a matte polish.)

I will never buy anything else again, and will gladly pay retail price for this basecoat. It is well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by jlladybug10

This basecoat was recommended to me as a HG product from a nail professional. I've tried it all and was excited by the prospect of a manicure lasting more than two days before chipping. Sadly, this product did not live up to the hype (at least for me!!). Nail polish started to chip within a day and a half... :(. Back to searching for a HG base coat that extends the life of a manicure!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by aporcupine

Absolutely adore this base coat. I have used OPI and Sally Hansen, and they have chipped and peeled on me. I use Seche Vite top coat and I feel the difference when I use Stickey-- I poke my nails a few minutes after application to see it's 'doneness' (out of curiosity and impatience) but the little dents that I make smoothens after awhile; they bounce back! Now this doesn't happen with the other base coats, which just hardens faster but chips or peel-off. I also don't experience staining when I use this, and that's big for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Romana003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this Base Coat! I used to never like applying a Base Coat before because my nails would NEVER dry, or the nailpolish would be left "mushy," and I would be annoyed to find imprints all over my newly manicured nails. But that doesn't happen with this Base Coat at all! It dries almost as soon as I apply it, and it does not dry too shiney so as to make it difficult to apply colored nailpolish on top of it. What's more, it keeps my nailpolish from chipping for days and days. This product had been recommended to me, and I couldn't wait to buy it and try it out. I definitely was not disappointed, and it's become a staple of my nailpolish collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by mizznk

My nail polish stays and stays and stays and staaaaaays!!! I think I went 5 days until it started to wear - not chip!! just the edges would show wear - I use in combo with seche vite top coat!! try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

Brilliant base coat. As the name says, it goes on, and stays sticky, allowing for the polish to grip it. It lengthens the life of a manicure, and is IMO is the best base coat I've used to date - I think CND make great base and top coats, theirs are the only ones that I use now. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The optimal base coat to get nail polish staying on for nearly a whole week!! I was previously using OPI Chip Skip, but wasn't happy with the performance of that product - my nails still chipped really quickly. Happily I stumbled upon Creatives Sticky Start & haven't looked back. A fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by AbsolutelyCold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good base coat that nail colors stick to. Even by itself it creates a nice sheen on nails and paired with a good top coat. It has extended my manicures last an extra few days. I can't think of anything more I would want from a base coat.