April 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by mizznk

My nail polish stays and stays and stays and staaaaaays!!! I think I went 5 days until it started to wear - not chip!! just the edges would show wear - I use in combo with seche vite top coat!! try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

Brilliant base coat. As the name says, it goes on, and stays sticky, allowing for the polish to grip it. It lengthens the life of a manicure, and is IMO is the best base coat I've used to date - I think CND make great base and top coats, theirs are the only ones that I use now. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The optimal base coat to get nail polish staying on for nearly a whole week!! I was previously using OPI Chip Skip, but wasn't happy with the performance of that product - my nails still chipped really quickly. Happily I stumbled upon Creatives Sticky Start & haven't looked back. A fantastic product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by AbsolutelyCold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good base coat that nail colors stick to. Even by itself it creates a nice sheen on nails and paired with a good top coat. It has extended my manicures last an extra few days. I can't think of anything more I would want from a base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite base coat hands down. I never used to wear polish because it would chip so easily but then I found Stickey. I use this for the "stickey sandwhich" (Thank you nail board). I apply as a base coat to clean nails, apply two coats of color, one more coat of stickey, then top coat. I know this sounds like a lot of polish but I have never had polish wear better. There are two things I would change if i could 1) I would make it clear because when you do the sandwhich it sometimes shows through super sheer colors, and 2) I would make the brush a little longer so I can use it all up.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily nails. Very. I put a drop or two of OPI Bond Aid of on my nails, a coat of this and then my polish.It sticks and stays and my polish lasts longer than 2 days before peeling'cracking/fading.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by carat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first time I've used a specific base coat (usually I just used clear nail polish or a top coat), and I have to say I really like it. Granted, I'm not not a connoisseur by any means, but I would definitely repurchase this product.

Nail polish seems to stick to it really well, and I noticed a difference with my manicure lasting as soon as I started using it.

It's not perfect, though: I have noticed that while it didn't dry out my nails, it didn't seem to be nourishing to my nails either, but I used another product and that seemed to help.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

When I removed Stickey, my nails looked dry. The second ingredient is isopropyl alcohol, a drying ingredient, so that's the likely cause.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to prevent chipping so I experimented with many base/top coat combos. This base-coat was just Ok--didn't make anything worse, but didn't help my polish stay longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 2:21:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this product after i finished (and was very happy with) my Orly bonder. I wish i hadnt because i wont be finishing this bottle. Its fine on toes but on my finger nails it doesnt hold my polish like the Orly one. I gave it a really good go but by day 3 im chipping. And i used the exact same other products (including my HG Seche Vite top coat).
I'll keep this to use on toes and use my Orly one on my tips.
I didnt mind the 'stickey' feeling or anything like that, it simply didnt work as well on my nails.