November 22, 2014 | 1924 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I hate to be the odd man out but I was not impressed by the clarisonic Mia. I gave it an honest try for around 6 months, but it neither helped nor hurt my skin. That being said, my skin is generally very cooperative but within the past year I've been experiencing more break outs. They initially started as flesh-colored bumps in the eyebrow region. Thus, I decided it was the ideal time to try out the clarisonic mia. So I did, in August. First couple weeks I experienced no purging which was a relief but my eye brow region became more irritable. Again, I decided to give my clarisonic the benefit of the doubt. I switched up my cleansers from my Cetaphil to Philosophy in hopes that there would be those "wow" results everyone's been raving about.
I also noticed that if I stopped using the Clarisonic my face would begin to break out. I weaned myself off finally after a month of not using it and my skin is finally returning to normal.

I'm torn about the Clarisonic. I don't wear make up so my face doesn't need to be excessively cleaned. It is also pricey to maintain the integrity of the brush and the overall device itself. Too me, it was more of a hassle than it was a lifesaver.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaKathryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first few weeks I used the Clarisonic I was not very impressed. I did notice my face felt softer and cleaner after use but I was angry because I spent $100+ on a cleansing device that did not seem to do anything special. However, I have now been using my Clarisonic for a little over 2 months and I have noticed an incredible improvement in my skin.
When I first started using the Clarisonic I had the worst breakout of my life, no cystic acne but many medium sized pimples across my cheeks and chin, along with tiny clogged pores across my entire face, none of which ever seemed to clear up (at least not for a week or longer). I also had PIH from earlier breakouts and just an overall irritated and uneven complexion.
After using the Clarisonic for over 2 months it has:
1. Almost completely cleared my skin (less than 10 pimples on my face at a time)
2. evened out the texture and tone of my skin
3. softened my skin
4. helped to fade my acne pigmentation
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
I also want to add that I only use it every other day because I think using it everyday would probably over exfoliate my skin and lead to irritation. I did not get any "purge" like many people do and I think that may be because of the fact that I do not use it every day. I recommend using it every other day or every 2 days when you first get it in order to let your skin grow accustomed to this form of manual exfoliation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a staple in my skincare routine, I use it every night and (touch wood) have not had one break out since and my skin always looks fresh and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by chichiritchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This could be pricey but it is definitely worth it. I have acne-prone skin and this helped my skin to have less to no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by eyluldamla

God this is the only beauty product i would want to live with forever. Made a huge difference on my skin, uploaded a before/after pic, and my skin transformed only in couple months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received my Mia as a birthday present from my mother. My skin is extremely sensitive/reactive; I have early-onset rosacea and avoid using any kind of manual exfoliator (scrubs, etc.) or products that are scented or contain harsh surfactants.

This product is pretty incredible. I use the Delicate head once or twice a week (not twice a day- dream on, Clarisonic) and this really helps to thin out the rough, red, irritated skin in the center of my face, which tends to thicken (common in rosacea patients). I know some people with rosacea cannot use this, but I have found it to be extremely beneficial when used in moderation. The trick is learning how much you can tolerate, and how often.

Will save up and repurchase when my battery dies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Diverjox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been part of my skin routine for about 2 years now and l wouldn't go without it. l use it at night after precleanse with my Clarins cleanser. My face always feels so clean, fresh and smooth afterwards. This definitely helps with congestion around my chin area. Charge lasts ages and I Can take this away for a 2 week holiday win out the charger. This is definitely the best l minute wonder for my face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Iiibabydimplez12

I've used this device for at least two years now and I love this. It has done a lot for my skin. I have it to thank for the improvement in my skin. I was going thru a time period where I would get a lot of acne and it would leave red marks after they go away. Using this device to clean my face has drastically changed my skin along with the monthly facials I get. I used to use this almost every day but it made my skin a little too dry. Nowadays I use it twice a week in the winter and three times a week in the summer. I pair this up with my laneige Multiberry peeling gel. After using it, it makes my skin feel very clean without my skin feeling tight.

This is expensive but I think it is really worth the investment. I use the sensitive brush and the delicate brush. Those are best for those with sensitive skin or those who suffer from acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaMSW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this thing! My skin doesn't like to be man-handled, so I tend to break out if I use it everyday, but once I switched to using it every other or every third day in a steamy shower, holy jeebus did my skin fall in love! Seriously, this thing is amazing. Much better price and size for those who travel and/or those on a budget, works amazingly with so many different cleansers, gel, cream, or foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Honestly, I debated for such a long time over buying this because I assumed it was a little bit horseshit. I've had acne for about 12 years and have likely spent hundreds of dollars on various fad regimens and products over the years, but I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas and heard about the insanely awesome return policy for the Clarisonic, so I figured, what the hell? I can return it if it's been three months and I'm not seeing results.

It did break me out a little bit at first, because I got too excited and was using it nightly. I quickly determined that this was too much for my skin, and cut down to 2 uses a week, 3 max (on a day where my skin is feeling particularly gross). The difference in my skin is unbelievable. I still get the occasional cystic pimple near my jawline, but they clear up in two or three days instead of a week, and I almost never get whiteheads or blackheads anymore. I've been using it for just under a month now and I'd say I've gone from getting 10-12 new pimples a week to just 2 or 3. I have some red post-breakout discolouration on my cheeks so I'm interested to see if it'll help with that as well.