October 23, 2014 | 905 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received my Mia as a birthday present from my mother. My skin is extremely sensitive/reactive; I have early-onset rosacea and avoid using any kind of manual exfoliator (scrubs, etc.) or products that are scented or contain harsh surfactants.

This product is pretty incredible. I use the Delicate head once or twice a week (not twice a day- dream on, Clarisonic) and this really helps to thin out the rough, red, irritated skin in the center of my face, which tends to thicken (common in rosacea patients). I know some people with rosacea cannot use this, but I have found it to be extremely beneficial when used in moderation. The trick is learning how much you can tolerate, and how often.

Will save up and repurchase when my battery dies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Diverjox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been part of my skin routine for about 2 years now and l wouldn't go without it. l use it at night after precleanse with my Clarins cleanser. My face always feels so clean, fresh and smooth afterwards. This definitely helps with congestion around my chin area. Charge lasts ages and I Can take this away for a 2 week holiday win out the charger. This is definitely the best l minute wonder for my face :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Iiibabydimplez12

I've used this device for at least two years now and I love this. It has done a lot for my skin. I have it to thank for the improvement in my skin. I was going thru a time period where I would get a lot of acne and it would leave red marks after they go away. Using this device to clean my face has drastically changed my skin along with the monthly facials I get. I used to use this almost every day but it made my skin a little too dry. Nowadays I use it twice a week in the winter and three times a week in the summer. I pair this up with my laneige Multiberry peeling gel. After using it, it makes my skin feel very clean without my skin feeling tight.

This is expensive but I think it is really worth the investment. I use the sensitive brush and the delicate brush. Those are best for those with sensitive skin or those who suffer from acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaMSW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this thing! My skin doesn't like to be man-handled, so I tend to break out if I use it everyday, but once I switched to using it every other or every third day in a steamy shower, holy jeebus did my skin fall in love! Seriously, this thing is amazing. Much better price and size for those who travel and/or those on a budget, works amazingly with so many different cleansers, gel, cream, or foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Honestly, I debated for such a long time over buying this because I assumed it was a little bit horseshit. I've had acne for about 12 years and have likely spent hundreds of dollars on various fad regimens and products over the years, but I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas and heard about the insanely awesome return policy for the Clarisonic, so I figured, what the hell? I can return it if it's been three months and I'm not seeing results.

It did break me out a little bit at first, because I got too excited and was using it nightly. I quickly determined that this was too much for my skin, and cut down to 2 uses a week, 3 max (on a day where my skin is feeling particularly gross). The difference in my skin is unbelievable. I still get the occasional cystic pimple near my jawline, but they clear up in two or three days instead of a week, and I almost never get whiteheads or blackheads anymore. I've been using it for just under a month now and I'd say I've gone from getting 10-12 new pimples a week to just 2 or 3. I have some red post-breakout discolouration on my cheeks so I'm interested to see if it'll help with that as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received this as a Christmas present about a year ago. I have never suffered from acne, and have always had decent skin to begin with. Therefore, I am unsure of whether this actually "works" or not. I've continued to use it almost every day (sometimes twice a day) because I enjoy it and feel as though it gives me a good scrub. I feel like there has been some improvement in my overall tone. I do follow the directions and replace the brush head religiously every three months as suggested. Despite not having acne prone skin, I find that I like using the acne brush head best. There's a softness to it that I like a lot. However, I'll use any brush head really. The replacement heads are approximately $25 each. Lately I've been finding authentic ones on Groupon (not dupes!) for much less money, so you may want to look there. I don't feel like I have to charge it too often, but when I do I just leave it plugged in overnight and it's ready for me in the morning. What I really love about this is it is water proof and able to be used in the shower! I feel like that's a huge stand out compared to past similar items I've had.
Overall, I would suggest this item to anyone who does suffer from acne, as I have definitely decreased in breakouts and constantly read positive feedback from those who use it. I rarely purchase any other Clarisonic items such as the face wash. Almost any face wash with will work this, even bar soaps. The only face wash I have come across that did not create enough of a lather was Mario Badescu. Without a lather, the bristles tend to be too rough on my skin. I would not have purchased this on my own, as it is quite expensive + replacement brush heads, especially since I had good skin before using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Mia exfoliates very well and even stops you so you don't over do it. My friends see a difference in my skin saying it's "glowing", mind you I suffer from really bad acne. It clears up my skin and makes my pores look way smaller than before. And it's pink (I live for the little things).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Ladydeemone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this, I can honestly say it has changed my skin! I have dry skin, fine lines on my forehead and large pores in my t-zone. I got the Mia 2 as a Christmas present this year and have been using it religiously morning and night for an entire month and my skin has never looked better. I got the Radiance package that came with a facewash and a vitamin c serum and I can't say enough great things about it. My skin is radiant, which is very rare for my dry skin, my pores seem smaller and the lines on my forehead have definitely improved. I suffer from cystic acne on my chin and I noticed since I have been using the clarisonic my breakouts are rare and if they do amerge they stay small, are not painful and shrink in days as oppose to weeks, and they leave no scar. So yes this is a must have for your skin care routine. It is expensive, but definitely worth it. I've had it for about a month now and use it every day and still haven't had to charge the battery! Love this product, you need it in your life if you have dry skin or suffer from cystic acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MorganNeedsMakeup

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for around 2 months now.

If I could say one thing to people who are on the fence about buying this product -- DONT WAIT.

I tossed the idea of buying this around for years, it wasn't until I noticed the texture of my skin looking extremely old. People were always telling me I looked older than I was, being 19 and everyone saying I looked mid-20's was a little alarming. I've struggled with acne for a large portion of my life. Its left me with scars and less than glowy skin. I still get acne. Not like I used to, but I still get it.

My overall quality of skin has improved tremendously, my skin feels cleaner than ever. All I can do is shame myself for waiting.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

In the fight to reduce hyperpigmentation, I followed the advice of a few bloggers who raved about this machine. Their main claim being that good exfoliation removed dead skin cells, and new layers of skin glowed. Something like this can make you question the effectiveness of past cleansing "have I not been cleansing my skin thoroughly all this time?!"

After 3 weeks it was obvious that this destroyed my moisture barrier (acid mantle, whatever we're calling it this week). The result was pimples in places that were usually clear. I've returned to using a washcloth, gentle products, and exfoliating with acids.

I used the machine only at night and followed the instructions about pressure and time spent. I cleaned the brush head thoroughly and didn't introduce any new product to my routine at the time.

Returning the device through Clarisonic.com was very simple and painless. The customer service rep was easy to talk to and fair. I felt no guilt and I may even try another Clarisonic product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No