November 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by gozdena

I'm absolutely addicted to this color and I've tried different brands, but none of them is as natural yet vivid, nice smelling (freshly baked cookie smell) and long-lasting as this one. Perfect! My favorite lipstick ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by catpie

I back to mac'd for this when plumful was out of stock. On me it is a perfect wearable berry colour - light for a berry but darker than my natural lip colour. So far I absolutely love it - think it's going to be my go-to for fall.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by digg1

This color is quite sheer since it's a Lustre but yet even with a single application the color payoff is quite good.With a few more layers it becomes more opaque whilst keeping the lightweight sensation you get after the first application.
It's quite shiny by itself so you could probably skip wearing lipgloss with this lipstick.
Now Lustre isn't my favorite finish just because it wears off quite easily but if you're looking for an easy to wear everyday pink that doesn't feel "heavy" then Syrup would be a good choice. Smells great too!

A similar shade in the Cremesheen finish if you prefer that would be Hot Gossip.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Charmer7

I bought syrup as an impulse off the website. I gotta say I'm HAPPY with it. Its slightly lighter than my lips but very pretty. I was searching for a neutral but not so nude and I think this is the one, people say it compliments my nc30 skin. I'll wear it with a smokey eye or all natural and am happy with the results. It is a lustre so the staying power is short lived but I don't mind it. It doesn't dry my lips and is a bit glossy but not lipgloss glossy and you must lightly moisturize before application. I will buy it again +++

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

kinda too "mauve-y" for my taste.. i expected it to be more pink..
wont buy it again..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I was looking for a very neutral lipstick that would just enhance the natural pink of my lips (I am fair skinned- NC20- with fairly light colored lips). I kind of like the lack of strong pigmentation in this because that's what I was going for. I wanted my lips to look richer and pinker so that one might think I just have really beautiful lips but not that I was necessarily wearing makeup. May sound like a silly reason to buy a lipstick, but works for me! Very moisturizing and easy to apply without a mirror. Wears off kind of quickly, but it wears off well (not uneven/chunky/striated) which is worth it for me. I imagine this would be very nice on ladies with darker skin/lips as well and would probably show up quite nicely.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cool tone pinky purple sheer lipstick. Therefore I can only put this on lightly so it doesn't look too purple. This is not a long wearing lipstick as it wears off quickly. The color looks great and goes on smoothly. I would definitely repurchase this lipstick!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the color but hate the formula. MAC lipsticks dry out my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by misstye

Surprisingly this suited me very well. I am slightly yellow toned using Mac - NC25 so I was expecting a more peachy coloured lipstick to suit me more. It looks great, i've got quite pigmented lips to start with so this colour enhances them and brings out a little more pink sheen. This and my slighty warmer mademoiselle coco rouge are my fave lipsticks right now. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a really nice everyday shade and I'm surprised that it doesn't get more love. It's a medium mauve pink/plum shade in the lustre finish. It goes on really beautifully, more like a very tinted balm than a lipstick and doesn't impart too much color. Although the lustre formula doesn't last very long, I still really like it since it goes on so easily and is sort of moisturizing. This is one of my favorites from all my Mac l/s just because it is very versatile and easy to wear. If it lasted a tad longer, I would give it a five.