August 28, 2014 | 1664 users online

Brows - Shu Uemura - Brow Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cupidger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is definitely something u want to try. Love it! It draws your brow very naturally.
The only 2 problems i have are that i can't make the pencil slanted like when i first had them (there is no shu uemura counter near me anymore!) and because i have oily skin, it melts a little at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Kikster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the brow pencil in Seal Brown based on reviews here. I've never used a pencil before; I've always used powder and a brush to complete my brows. This pencil was comparable, not amazing. My eyebrows aren't very full and they end a bit short of where they should be, so what I really needed was for a pencil that would draw on the skin without hair and stay on--this one didn't. It would draw a line, but disappeared just like the powder did. If I didn't need that extra line, this pencil would be fine for just filling in sparser areas and I would repurchase, but since I do, I won't be coming back to this one, especially since it is expensive at $22.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by querand

Of all the items in my makeup bag, this is the only one that i completely trust to work every time. The hard texture of this pencil is crucial to how naturally it reworks your brows. Like many have mentioned, it doesn't seem to give much colour when u scratch it against your hand, but on the eyebrows it somehow works very comfortably and gives u a lot of room for revision - on days when i'm too groggy and overdo things, i simply take a tissue and rub off the errors. This is actually my very first brow product - highly recommended to me by a makeup artist who emphasised to me that the brows can make or break a face. For being so inexperienced with filling in brows, i feel that this is a very forgiving pencil with which a beginner can easily practise with. Finally, it is real value for money, and I can safely say it will be another 2 years before I even think about getting a new one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by nophie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This eyebrow pencil is my all time HG brow product! Honestly I donít know what Iíll do without this item (love it so much, its ridiculous!) But in my case its essential, cuz I do really have a funny looking only half weird eyebrows (thanx dad!) =P
I use the color Seal Brown and its perfect for my dark/black brows and asian complexion. The color is very natural soft grayish brown black color. Most eyebrows pencils are either too black or too brown (reddish) for my coloring, so it would looks fake. But this one is not and looks really natural, like I was born with this perfect eyebrow!
The consistency is harder than normal pencil, so if you swipe it on your hand it will barely shows up. On my face however that have an oilier complexion, its shows up just fine.
Before this pencil I was using the Chanel Perfect Brows and I must admit it did gave me a slightly better, perhaps more polish brows. However the Chanel one (powders) was more time consuming and messier to use. The Shu brow pencil is easy to use and within one minute Iím done. Just slowly draw short fine short strokes to fill in and shape your brows, after that brush it a bit with a brow brush to blend it in better.
It also last a really long time on my brows. It is not waterproof and it will fade if you accidentally wipe it. But if you donít touch your face, it will last and last all day long. I have an oily t-zone and on me this pencil doesnít smudge or fade, its fabulous!
And one pencil has last me for over 2years now, with everyday usage. So in the long run, this pencil is really a bargain. Again, its fabulous! (now I really need to stop..hehehe..)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

The absolute BEST brow pencil or brow ANYTHING I have ever used (and I am an eyebrow EXPERT who has tried and perfected just about everything out there in between bad plucking and brow growth training (making them grow how I want them instead of they they naturally come in...).

This could NOT look more natural! Finally, my brows look like the models in photos...my hair, my shape, but perfected! Will never live without.

I use it in Brown (which is plenty dark - Seal Brown would have been too dark for me) and Acorn (slightly lighter) when I want to make my thick well arched brows a little more subtle and a little lighter (very small difference between the shades when applied, but it IS there).

This stuff is expensive, but you rarely need to sharpen it, so spending $44 (for both) - $88 bucks a year on my brows seems like nothing when cheaper powders, good brushes and lesser pencils cost much more in the long run.

You MUST know how to apply this and it takes a little work (and patience as you have a to use it a few times before you really get the desired effect - it has to be used/sharpened for it to work properly in my experience). But for results like this, trust me, spend the money and spend the time. How I look is a large part of how I make my living and I will NEVER be without this pencil again - can you say NATURAL???

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by nicholchau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It is definitely the best! Mine is brown and it looks very natural on my brows!! and you don't need to always sharpen it =) great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by lovewaxberry

I don't think I ever have the option of buying it again. I've been using this for 3 months now everyday and have not sharpened it once! This is definitely the best product from shu uemura. I'm an Asian with black hair and it was difficult for me to find a grey/black brow powder/pencil. After doing some lengthy research I decided to buy this and brow powder in charcoal from clinique.
This is a grey pencil that will only show up on your brows, does not show up on your hand at all. It's just grey with no red/yellow tone in it. Regrettably the clinique powder, although it's grey in the pan, shows up with a slight yellow tone on photos. I use shu's brow pencil on a daily basis and use the clinique powder when I use blue eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Words cannot describe how AWESOME this product is! This is definitely the BEST brow pencil ever in this world! I use the colour 'Seal Brown' and it's a PERFECT match for my eyebrows. The look is VERY natural without the harshness of other brow defining products out there! It glides on smoothly and stays put all day. Love it! Will buy it again and again!! My HG brow pencil/product!

Since I found Cle de Peau brow pencil I will not be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by alym702

how did i ever live without this? this is the best eyebrow product ever!!! i bought mine in the gray shade it is subtle and last all day well into the nite. im nc 25 and have dark brown hair and hazel green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

another keeper, it doesnt draw on your hand though. it goes on your brow very natural. stays snug. i just wish its an automatic. for all the people who need to draw on extra area that has no hair, the line doesnt stay on that great but very subtle.