MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 3/25/2011 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

The one eyeshadow everyone in the entire world should own. Looks great on every skin tone, especially people with blue eyes :)

on 3/25/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a color that would compliment my very light blue eyes and amber lights is an excellent choice.
I would describe the color as a shimmery gold with an orange tone. Orange being a complementary color for blue, this eye shadow makes blue eyes pop so well!! But this color also definitely suits any eye color.

The shadow is super rich / almost creamy so a little goes a long way and it's really easy to get a nice dash of color on your lid.
I usually wear it all over my lid with a nice brown in the outer-V. I also like to apply it on my lower lash line.

on 3/14/2011 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is definitely a must-have if you have warm skin or blue eyes. I have warm NC25 skin and I love this for a bronzy eye with Bronze eyeshadow. I also like it over Rule eyeshadow to intensify the orange with some dark brown or black in the outer V to darken. It also looks good with Goldmine, Sumptuous Olive and Steamy. It's a great colour for summer and fall, so try it out if you haven't!

on 1/31/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Amber Lights the best! I've even used this as a blush or highlighter in the evening but otherwise it's a great shimmery nude shadow on me!

on 1/30/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Wow, I might have used Amber Lights every day since I bought it. It's so versatile, especially with an eye look using more muted, neutral colors, and it just gives that pop of shimmer and color. It's best used in the outer half of the eyelid and in the crease. I love using it with Dazzlelight and Goldmine, or with a variety of MAC brown eye shadows, paired with Cranberry eye shadow, it just goes with everything. If you're building a basic MAC eye shadow palette, Amber Lights is essential.

on 1/25/2011 5:22:00 AM

I was really on the fence on buying this. I thought it would be too orange but I bought it anyway. I absolutely love this color. I wear it on the outer 2/3 of lid and the crease and blend it out, then put dazzlelight on the inner 1/3 of lid and the highlight and line with blacktrack fluidline on top lashline and waterline. That's the only way I've ever worn it and it really brings out blue eyes. My husband always compliments me when I wear this eyeshadow. If you have blue eyes I'd definately recomend this one. It is really similar to Milani Sun Goddess for a cheap alternative though.

on 1/22/2011 8:58:00 AM

Really pretty colour in the pan and very pigmented, but slightly too orange for my taste. Every so often I will pull it out, but I always pair it with cool toned neutrals and browns to help decrease it's warmth.

on 12/24/2010 11:18:00 AM

I don't really know what i was thinking when i bought this. I have probobly one of the palest skin tones in the world so this is obviously way too orange for me. However, i'll give it two stars because in some instances, when i wear it alone with a blue on the lower lashline, it can look okay. It also has a good texture and is very pigmented but is just not for me. Well, i've learned my lesson.

on 12/22/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Review Product:
Mac eyeshadow in Amber Lights (frost)

Type:
Eye product
___________________________________________________________________
Packaging:
The normal mac eyeshadow pot container

Texture:
Smooth

Stay Power:
3hrs+ (Without Eye primers)

Color:

A Review by
Kim
Username: wetnwild2000

on 12/17/2010 5:04:00 PM

I LOVE this color soooooo much!! This and Honey Lust are my go to colors. It looks bangin' with my red hair and makes my blue eye POP! I've been using this color for the last five years. Will buy again, again, and again!

Top Rated MAC Products