September 22, 2014 | 1087 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Amber Lights

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2010 11:18:00 AM More reviews by oliviaanne96

I don't really know what i was thinking when i bought this. I have probobly one of the palest skin tones in the world so this is obviously way too orange for me. However, i'll give it two stars because in some instances, when i wear it alone with a blue on the lower lashline, it can look okay. It also has a good texture and is very pigmented but is just not for me. Well, i've learned my lesson.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by wetnwild2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Review Product:
Mac eyeshadow in Amber Lights (frost)

Type:
Eye product
___________________________________________________________________
Packaging:
The normal mac eyeshadow pot container

Texture:
Smooth

Stay Power:
3hrs+ (Without Eye primers)

Color:

Kim
Username: wetnwild2000

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by KatieMarrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this color soooooo much!! This and Honey Lust are my go to colors. It looks bangin' with my red hair and makes my blue eye POP! I've been using this color for the last five years. Will buy again, again, and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 8:39:00 AM More reviews by SurahBarbie

this is a bright colour id never usually go for BUT dont let that put you off. Darling,im as pale as they get and im rocking this eyeshadow like you wouldnt believe. It makes my eyes super blue,as i mentioned i really dont do bright eyeshadows,the brightest i own is probably Goldmine by MAC,thats my fave,i decided to take a chance with this and i gotta say,im not let down,its gorgeous. Dont let people put you off by saying us pale girls cant wear it,im paler than nc15 and it looks amazing. i know for sure you tan girls can wear it too,amazing! same great MAC quality too. I would say this eyeshadow isnt for the shy,its super intense,but maybe it will be a nice way of putting yourself out there a bit more! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by vitacooper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this shadow!!!!!! Cant sing the praises enough, Im NW43 or 45 and it just looks wonderful on my eyes!!!! I use this with another favorite of mine-humid & I wear these together along with my other favorite aquadesiac (sp)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow! You CAN teach an old lady new tricks. My daughter decided she did not want this MAC eyeshadow anymore so naturally, now mom is getting the reject makeup--LOL!

Well, just for the heck of it, I tried this last week. Hmmmm..I was intrigued because I am pale, freckled, pink undertones. EVERYTHING oxidizes on me. Somehow...strangely, this coopery color did not look orangey on me! It...it...it...looked really great!! I did my typical neutral eye, highlighted under the brow, and placed this shadow on the outer edges of the eye.

You learn something new every day. I'm really liking this color! I'm starting to like MAC shadows and, at my very sage age, I'm actually planning a trip to the MAC counter. Who Knew?

I absolutely would buy this color again and would def. purchase more MAC shadows!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

*cries* I am soooo disappointed! I am a student so am on a very tight budget, but I was lusting after this soooo much, so I was on the MAC website and my hand had a spasm and clicked on the buy button, you know, as it does...
I put this in my little pro palette quad and when it came to trying to, I expected strong pigmentation and long-lasting colour...
However all I got was a very sheer shimmery orange that faded after hardly any time at all! So upset :(
I have to say, I am a PPP so this just made me look slightly ill... I think darker skinned/tanned girls would look sooo much better in this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I was skeptical about this eyeshadow but I've put a good dent in it so far and I've only had it a few months. It goes with so many other MAC eyeshadows (sketch, gorgeous gold, humid, cranberry - just to name a few). And its great alone on the lid paired with brown in the crease for a little more crazy natural eye without being too overpowering. I don't find that this creases easily (with an eyeshadow primer of course) and its very highly pigmented. I love putting a dark base under this to change up the colour a little bit. I wear this in the day time and night time - very versatile! I highly recommend and definitely will repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

Very impressive, truly amber color. Great pigmentation, very warm, very Aladdin honey/orange gold. Unfortunately I can't pull it off to save my life - pale ladies, stay away from it. Medium-skinned girls, celebrate! 3 lippies due to the limited target group.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Kdoll222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have had this for 4 years!! and still havent hit the pan. Granted, I probably dont use it too much over the years but still, the reason I decided to review it is, I have had it for so long and dug it out again to try. It is a very pretty shimmery bronze/amber color reminds me of UD baked. I sometimes use the two and they look so beautiful and bright together. It lives up to MAC standars with its pigmentation, and may even be more pigmented then some of the shadows I have from MAC. I do love it and recommend it especially for olive skintones