December 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by joshctso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This particular facial wash tends to be quite drying, but not in a bad way as it works well to cleans the skin of skin particles and debris sitting on the face. I actually like how thorough yet drying this cleanser is, you can really tell that your face gets almost resurfaced. The only drawback is that it is so drying that it can cause some irritation, although the drying properties are highly necessary in the presence of oily combination skin. The combat the immediate dryness that follows washing the face with this thorough cleanser, it is necessary to use a moisturizer right after to keep the skin healthily dewy. I like to follow this cleanser with the Almay Smart Shade primer as a moisturizer so that my skin is perfectly moisture balanced. In short, I find the heavy duty nature of this cleanser to be necessary in making sure that I don't break out or have white heads.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Balliuak

I absolutely do not recommend this if you're the type that only gets a pimple from time to time and have combination or sensitive skin. That's me. It started out by drying out my skin so much it hurt. I kept at it thinking my skin was just getting used to it, but now a month into using it my skin is breaking out worse than it ever has before. This is probably great for oily/acne prone skin, but not for the rest of us.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Lashangel02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went through a whole bottle of this and it still hasn't effected my skin at all. It's like not even cleaning your face at all, to be compared. It does nothing to help oil, and does not help acne at all

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by desiremua

After a ton of research, I decided to purchase this product in order to help prevent future breakouts and help attack my clogged pores. I used this product for about 3 weeks. Well, I am very aware when using a face wash, there is a high probability that your skin will get worse before it gets better.. But geez!! I have never had acne prone skin and the breakouts I have gotten around my nose area have been so awful to look at and painful to the touch, I'm not even sure what to do about it! They're finally just starting to dry up, but with that being said, my combination skin is also drying up and looking rather flakey. I moisturize every AM and PM, so it's definitely not lack of moisturizer. I wear makeup on a daily basis and the last few days, my skin looks awful underneath my makeup. You can see the flakey skin and the dry spots breaking through my foundation and powder. NOT ATTRACTIVE! I'm not exactly sure this face wash is something I'm going to be reaching for as a daily cleanser considering it's so overly drying to my skin, but maybe I'll continue to use it once a week in combination with a more hydrating cleanser instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by allieamat

I love this product! I am currently 18 and omg let me tell you, I've been using this product since hmm?... I was 15. It was recommended to me by this lady I would go to, to get facials done, and I'm extremely happy she did. 4 years later and I still use it daily. Since it CAN be very drying usually 3 days after continuous use, I do apply vitamin e oil as a moisturizer over night, and bua laaa, my face is acne free, soft, scars are dramatically faded, pores are shrunken, and my face is so bright and luminous. I love this stuff.

Just use a moisturizer afterwards, helllllo!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by torijanus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, let me start by saying that only you know your skin. Just like hair dye, perfume and cosmetics, you take your own risk. You may be allergic to something so when you peel, turn red, or breakout more, think of what your skin may be rejecting ingredient wise instead of saying its the face wash and then don't continue using the product. Also, if you don't moisturize after using a facewash that contains drying agents like this one does, don't complain that it drys you out. A company isn't responsible for lack of knowledge or common sense, so if you don't want to be dry use a moisturizer or don't use the product. Its a simple concept really.
That being said, my face doesn't react badly so I use it. It helps the little amount of acne I do have so I can't say how well it would work on large amounts of it. I don't have an issue with the non-lathering aspect of it as I use it on a washcloth anyways. I don't have an issue with drying as I use a good moisturizer. And I've never had a slimy feeling left after washing with it, granted I do rinse very well afterwards. I do hate the pump as the product bubbles up from around it. It works pretty good other than that so I may repurchase but I'm currently rotating between this and a scrub so I'm exfoliated properly as my nose has been dry and flaky for years and exfoliation helps along with an emoliate cream from Mary Kay. Therefore, I probably won't run out for at least a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by KateGuil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sakurabi456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing, and it really worked for me a little. Though it did get rid of my horrible acne, and prevent a lot of pimples coming in. Sadly I wish it was cheaper like 5 dollars. lol I know I am a cheapskate, but seriously it would be nice to lower the price a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Rachel15makeupqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually quite like this product. It cleans my skin very nicely and no break outs!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Flowerbby

love it so far! my skin it pretty oily and it does a great job of keeping me matte all day and I havent noticed any new pimples popping up. if your skin is dry already be careful use an awesome mosturizer. I recommened clinque dramatically different moisturizer. :)