September 20, 2014 | 1190 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know if I'm just horrifically picky or what, but it seems I can never find a foundation color match I love. I normally use Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in BR12, but while it matches my face it is just a touch too dark for my slightly lighter neck. Chanel doesn't make a lighter shade. So, I bought Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc since it was recommended as a similar shade. Mont Blanc is similar, but it's lighter than BR12. BR12 matches my face exactly, while the Mont Blanc matches my neck exactly. So I mixed the two; the two formulas mix easily and I have a perfect match now! The Nars foundation itself is great. I like the finish it gives and just apply it over my moisturizer. Definitely buy the pump; I can't imagine using the Nars foundation without it.

Other colors from Nars I like incase it helps someone (I'm about NW15-20): blush: Sex Appeal and Douceur; concealer: vanilla; eyeshadow: Ashes to Ashes, Alhambra, All About Eve, Bali, Coconut Grove and Abyssinia; Matte Multiple: Exumas; bronzer: Laguna

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Yes and No. Mostly leaning no, sadly.
Good:
NC40/42=Stromboli, at least for me. It was a tad light but overall, lots of yellow and matched me very well compared to most foundations. The coverage is surprisingly good! This foundation convinced me that I dont need super, heavy-duty, thick foundation to cover my flaws, I dont have problematic skin and this is great for people with that. Its lightweight. Does not dry me out or make me oily. Did not accentuate pores&wrinkles. Comes in many shades.

Bad: Where's the staying power? There is none. Im so used to my liquid iron Estee Lauder Double Wear and this was like nothing! I barely rubbed/touched my face and it came off! And I do not have oily skin! The foundation disappears throughout the day. Maybe a primer of some sort would help? Does not come with a pump. Not glowy, more like semi-matte, or natural but I dont see that as a bad thing, just the name misleading. Expensive.

If only the staying power was better, it would be worth it. I really like the shades, finish and the feeling of this. Bummer...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by CJenkins33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation really gives your an even coverage which is probably what everyone is always looking for...well i am anyways. Also it doesn't cake onto my face or flake off during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by ayo1sophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL! I heard so many good things about this foundation and everything held up to par! I love love love this foundation! It made my skin look dewy even when it was at it's most horrible state. Before I went on prescription acne medication, my cheeks had an extensive amount of scars and a few spots. This foundation made me feel so beautiful in my skin, it was unbelievable! It gave my skin the glow and, with buildable coverage, it masked my imperfections without looking like I packed my face with makeup! In my opinion, you WILL need a setting powder with this because it does have the tendency to move around a bit. Overall LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

One flaw besides the cost, THE PUMP COSTS EXTRA! Boooooo! I really wish it just came with a pump because it is super necessary because it oxidizes and changes the color!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mcmanu5

Whilst I am a fan of this foundation as it's the best thing i've found in terms of colour (I use Siberia), this foundation just isn't sheer or dewy! I find it semi-matte and gives pretty full coverage.

Past the bad naming, this would be my favourite foundation for a night out (i find it a little thick for an everyday look) if it only lasted a little longer on my face. When freshly applied it looks wonderful, but after 3 or 4 hours it barely looks like i am wearing foundation, and it occasionally looks flakey even after I have exfoliated.

Using a really good primer minimises this a little but I don't want to have to wear primer everyday, and whilst i do love the colour and of this foundation, it just doesn't last, and for the price, I think there are better foundations out there. I will say though that for anyone who needs a lot of coverage and is willing to reapply their foundation regularly, this would be a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely foundation that I reach for often. I find this an easy one to apply as it does not dry down super fast so you get time to blend it really well - yet it dries quick enough that you do not have to wait around for ages to set this with a loose or pressed powder.

On me I find this wears better with a loose powder - my current favourite match for this one is the Nars light reflecting loose powder for a really pretty soft looking finish. I get a good days wear from this foundation but as I am normal/combo do still have to blot my T-zone after a few hours wear.

Iv'e applied this with various brushes - flat top and stipple, but prefer the seamless look I get from this foundation when applied with a damp BB or the RT sponge.

The best match for my NC15 yellow undertone skin is Gobi - it looks quite light but blends in really well. I can get year round wear with this with the aid of a little bronzer in the summer months.

Nars have gone to the effort of making a great product and a nice glass bottle - but oh how I wish it did come with a pump. I know you can buy one but really should you have to. So this can get a little messy but I do see myself replacing this in the future if there isn't something new and more exciting in the range - variety is the spice of life :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of this foundation (1 oz., $45) because it has a beautiful finish and offers good coverage. Unfortunately, it never wore well on my oily skin (not that it should -- Sheer Glow is intended for "normal, normal-to-dry, dry, and very dry skin types"). Now that I'm also dehydrated, I thought I would give this another try... not that it worked out very well!

The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a rubber cap, which I like. The only thing is that the product does not include a pump. I think that's pretty ridiculous at this price point, especially because their pump is an additional $6...

I'm NC20-25, yellow, (closer to NC20 right now, maybe NC23?) and Ceylan is a great match for me. It has a nice warm undertone and even though it comes after Fiji in NARS' lineup, I swear it is actually lighter.

The consistency is on the runny side and allows the formula to blend in easily and beautifully. I find that I can get good coverage up to around medium. Full coverage might be possible but I feel like things would get pretty cakey. No emphasis of pores or dry patches.

On my skin, I find this formula lightly moisturizing and not drying at all.

Finish is beautiful -- smooth and flawless. I know this has been noted to death but Sheer Glow isn't really dewy. It's not matte either, but more of a satin finish.

So up to this point everything is fine.. but once I apply the foundation and go about my day, things start to go downhill. I get shiny in a couple of hours and greasy in a few more. To be fair, the foundation doesn't just disappear... but it does start looking greasy and as if it's sitting in a layer on top of my face, which is not how it starts out. I would say I have a pretty good routine so I do think this formula just doesn't work for my skin.

Time to try sheer matte.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [+/- (may contain): CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)].

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by amsa22

Great coverage and lasting power of a good 10-12 hours on me, looks so good and natural as long as you apply it with a sponge or beauty blender. I get many compliments when I wear this foundation and it is very buildable, I set it with mac studio fix powder and fix plus and I occasionally have to blot and apply powder again if I am out and about in warm/hot weather. This foundation is great for everyday wear and special occasions, needless to say this has been a great purchase/investment for me :) *a pump is available for this but is sold separately

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by calificus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin type is fair, oily/combination which tends to be more oily in summer. I bought the shade 'Mont Blanc' which is a tiny bit light for me so I may try the next shade darker when I run out. I prefer to use this with a brush even though the lady at the counter said using your fingers was better for this. It goes on really smoothly, and gives a light even coverage with a slight glow to it. I don't notice any scent when I apply it (scented foundation/skincare is a pet hate of mine) and it lasts all day if I use a powder over it. I will definitely be buying this again because it feels like silk on the skin, you can barely even feel that you're wearing any foundation at all. It hasn't broken down or started looking patchy on me by the end of a working day like other foundations have in the past.
Yes ok, I have oily skin and it can make me look a bit shinier by the end of the day, but if you keep on top of it with a mattifying powder you're fine. I would prefer it to have a pump as standard but other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Jessxshepherd

I recommend this foundation so much out of every one I've ever used this had got to be my favourite!! It lasts all day and gives a nice glow! It has Good coverage and you don't need a lot! I never want to use any other foundation or even try any after using this you must try it! The only problem is they never have my colour (Ceylan) in stock!