NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

I would like to start of by saying that I have purchased this product twice. The reason being is that the shade (Ceylan) is a very close match to my skin tone, which is really hard for me to find. I'm about Nc20 ( it's slightly orange on me) Ceylan is more yellowy/neutral tone which is why I like it. It also has my ideal coverage ( I'd considerate medium) It covers some light scarring. Although it says sheer glow, this is more of a demi matte finish on me. There is no SPF so it it isn't convenient for everyday use. (Need to put SPF on) But it will photograph well.

Unfortunately, this stuff looks absolutely horrible on my dry skin. Although this is an oil based foundation, this takes the moisture right out of my skin once it sets in. If you have pretty dry skin, I definitely wouldn't go for it. Also the lasting power on this stuff isn't very long. Maybe a few hours and that's it. I'm pretty sure this is the culprit to some spot breakouts. This is one of those expensive overly hyped products. I've found cheaper foundations that work much better then this one.

Will I repurchase?

on 5/6/2015 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have combination skin: t-zone gets oily later in the day, dry to normal skin on my chin and cheeks.

Staying power: Nothing special, I have tried it with primer, powder and also urban decay all nighter setting spray and after 3-4 hours if I touch my face it comes off easily.

Color selection: pretty decent, I have warm undertones so there is a variety of cool to warm undertones available.

Coverage: very blendable medium but buildable. I use a beautyblender for lighter coverage and a brush for a heavier coverage

Packaging: Poor, no pump

Overall the foundation looks nice on the skin, there is a little bit of luminousity but after I put a setting powder on you could not tell there is any at all. Would not purchase again as I like a foundation that has a long staying powder since I put my makeup on at 7am and don't take it off unti 10pm.

on 5/6/2015 12:08:00 AM

It's my first day of using Nars Sheer Glow after spending an exorbitant amount of money to get it shipped to New Zealand. And I love it! We all know the package sucks and the price is pretty heartbreaking, but even worn without primer it creates a very natural looking medium coverage that matches my pale cool skin perfectly (Mont Blanc). I have combination skin and while i found that it does wear off a bit with mid-afternoon oil, the foundation doesn't cling to dry patches any more than other foundations have. A good powder would fix the oily bits. The biggest plus for me is the buildability (is this even a word?) and the natural finish it creates.
If it doesn't break me out over the next few days, this may become a HG foundation for me...

This is just an OK product. Not my holygrail one.

I have two shades in Fiji and Ceylan.. For referance, I am NC20 in MAC. First I bought Fiji but it looks waaay yellow on me. Then I didnt give up and bought Ceylan a week later. This is a neutral shade, looks better on me.

The coverage is medium and buildable. If you dont have skin problems, you will love this. It looks nice but do not believe in the name. Cos it doesnt GLOW much. It is not as dewy as it sounds. I can say it is semi-glow,doesnt look greasy. But after 5-6 hours it will start to shine if you do not set it with powder.

I hate the bottle. If i buy a high end product, I expect it to be come with a pump. Even drugstore brands foundations have it. I just dont like it. I do not like paying more while I spent enough for a 30 ml bottle.

The last thing i can say is that I will not buy it again. I am gonna try new ones.

I was shocked at how non-sheer and non-glowy this looked. Application was smooth. It gave medium (leaning toward full) coverage and looked completely matte (to the point of appearing velvety or chalk-like). The name had me expecting something similar to MAC Face and Body, but they are dramatically different. I'm giving an extra lippie because this is the only foundation in which I've found a true color match (Gobi, although the All Day foundation in the same shade looked darker and didn't seem to match me).

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 AM

I'm a drugstore foundation girl! I wanted to try something high-end, and NARS really stood out to me! I was so disappointed with this product though. I was told its great for my dry skin, especially when used with a primer. I couldn't find an exact shade to match my skin (annoying). It oxidizes soo fast. It definitely has buildable coverage but even after setting with powder it only stays on the face for 3-4 hours. And my skin has NO OIL, so you'd think it would hold up all day. But nope! More annoying than ever is it doesn't come with a pump, its expensive and the glass bottle is risky! Honestly would not repurchase. I'm on the hunt for the perfect foundation!

am doing a review on this product soon. i Love all of the reviews on here makes me want to try it even more... check out my channel for more reviews and tips

on 5/1/2015 2:27:00 PM

I buy this in the shade Siberia and it looks GREAT on my skin 90% of the time. I have combination skin, and as others have said, when I have particularly bad dry patches, the foundation doesn't look so good over them. I have encountered this issue with many different foundations, though, so for me it isn't a deal breaker. I only have one really bad reoccurring dry patch anyway--right between my eyes, and I wear glasses. This is the only foundation I've ever found that matches my coloring perfectly. I like the glowy look it gives me. Good sheer coverage, but doesn't have the oomph needed for covering up breakouts. Wish it was less pricy. 4/5 lipsticks overall, 3/5 for the pricing, 4/5 for the packaging because although it's beautiful, I don't like traveling with glass bottles.

on 5/1/2015 1:23:00 AM

This is my holy grail foundation! Despite how pricey it is, I definitely will be repurchasing when I run out. I can't even begin to explain how amazing this makes my skin look. It has amazing coverage - medium buildable - yet feels so lightweight on the skin. It doesn't cake up which is also a big plus! It lasts ALL day and doesn't fade or wear away by the end of the night. It looks flawless with or without a primer (but it looks all the more amazing with a primer).
If you're looking for a great foundation with great coverage that lasts all day, I would 100% recommend this one! It is expensive but it is SO worth it! So happy :)

Wanted to love this as the word "glow" attracts me in a base! Dry skinned girl and after some recommendations I thought this would be a perfect match! The color range IS perfect, and the yellow/olive undertones suit me just right. One star for that. But this foundation dries matte (where's the glow?), offers medium coverage(where's the sheer?), and does not have decent staying power (where's the point of even using this?). Even when set with a translucent powder, it will budge from just smudging with my fingertips and other wear and tear- not after a few hours; almost immediately. Another thing is that I couldn't apply this with my brush, nor my Beautyblender; I had to use my fingers... The finish looks best that way. However... It's time consuming and messy! And no pump? If this had been a good foundation the lack of a pump wouldn't bother me, so one more star for that... but I will not repurchase. :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials