MAC Sandy B. lipstick

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love the colour of this, peachy pink gold, very much like Chanels Twinkle glossimer. Really brightens up the face. I used to run from anything peachy & now I just cant get enough. This gives good coverage & has a decent wear time. The only thing I don't really like is the texture, after a while it kinda gets clumpy or something...I can live with it tho, its not too bad. I would repurchase despite that.

on 2/26/2008 11:38:00 AM

This my offical staple lipstick, and I am thrilled that MAC has brought it back!! It gives my face an all over "I've been working out,/healthy" glow. I would describe it as a shimmery nude peach with a gold sheen. Perfect for office or night with smoky eye.

on 1/18/2008 10:24:00 PM

I tried so hard to like this one, it looks so pretty in the tube, a beautiful frosty peach.

On my lips however, it was sheer and the frost sort of clumped up and wandered around on my lips. I felt like anytime that I moved my lips, talked, drank a sip of water, etc, I would have to reapply and smoosh it all around. I have larger, fuller lips, so maybe there was more area for it to clump in.

The color washed me out horribly I am a nc20/blonde and this color was a similar tone to the skin on my face, and it seemed to *erase* my lips.

on 1/15/2008 2:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Was I the only one not impressed with this? It looks like such a gorgeous color. When i was at the MAC counter, I rubbed a little on my hand and it looked way too pretty not to buy. I guess I thought it would be a little more opaque. This is really sheer.. I have to dab concealer on my lips before I apply this to get the true light pinky/frosty/coral.. On pigmented lips the color pulls more golden coral. I like it, but I don't think I'd repurchase.

on 11/29/2007 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! I think the other reviewers summed up the color quite well, light peachy pink with gold frost, very beautiful. My only gripe with this lipstick is that it can be drying; I wore it to work one day, and after my lunch break, my lips looked a dry,flaky, frosted gold mess. I definitely think this should be applied to well moisturized lips. Other than the dry factor, I think this is a lovely shade, one of my favorite MAC shades, and I would definitely purchase when I run out.

on 10/29/2007 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got it as B2M w/a help of a lovely lady, I love this frosty light peachy pink colour (golden frost), love the vanilla scent and the packaging, but it's SOO drying that I have to be careful when I put it on my lips (just on the "good" days). The good part is that it's my "slick-on and go" lippie.

on 8/20/2007 5:39:00 PM

Like a lot of other reviewers, I chose Sandy B. as my B2M lippie. I wanted one that I could kind of have kicking around in my purse that I could throw on without being too careful. On me, Sandy B. is a frosty pink with a little peachy tone that I think keeps me from looking like a Barbie doll. I use it under Mark Glow Baby Glow gloss in Pink Crush, or sometimes even Vaseline to give it some shine. If you don't put something either over or under it, it will really dry out your lips. I took off a lippie for this reason.

I got this as a B2M lippie.I heard raves about it on the mu board from krakow and many others,so I finally caved.It's beautiful!A very,very light peachy pink,heavy on the gold frost.This lippie will be considered too frosty on it's own for some ppl's taste,but I like it.It looks amazing under Love Nectar lustreglass,but I prefer to just slick a clear gloss over it for shine.Looks great with a tan/bronzer.Would repurchase.

on 4/10/2007 11:27:00 PM

I love it...i tried lots of colors at MAC counter...Was not sure which color to get..cause' my lips were so dry..everytime i try it on, they look ugly..
But i was thinking to get one anyways because it's FREE using back to mac ..
I was so not sure when i tried all the colors so i just pick one that i feel i like the best...
it ended up looking really nice on my lips when i get to try it on at home...
I first applied some lip conditioner (burt's bee's) that makes my lips look smooth and then i applied Sandy B......it looks awesome...i have dark lips compares to a NC 25 person has....it really tone down my lips to a lighter ones...the shimmer in it makes my lips look shine....not too shine..but just enough to brighten my lips a bit...this color is good for summer because of the shimmer.....it looks organy at the counter..but when i open it , it matches my lips and a bit pink...

Good for ppl who have NC 25 tone...and for those who have medium dark lips...
it really tones ur lips to a lighter pinker color...make sure u try it after u apply conditioner at the counter....

on 4/10/2007 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

glad i tried this at the mac counter first. i'm an nc25. black hair/dark brown eyes. i was excited to try this infamous color...sadly it just washed me out and made me look sick. fyi..my lips are a little pigmented.

Popular Lipsticks