July 29, 2014 | 1851 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash BIG

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

so, i LOVE this product!!! and i seriously detested the original Great Lash. it looked awful on me, wet and clumpy and just bad. i've also suspected for years that Maybelline was using some sort of trickery to get it so highly rated all the time, since NO ONE i know uses or likes it, but i digress.

the brush reminds me of my diorshow mascara. this gives me big, thick lashes, not clumpy at all, and i don't find it hard to remove. i will say that because it's so volumizing, i like to use a lengthening mascara first and then this over it. totally looks like i have false lashes on, after. and i think the packaging is adorable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I have detested the original Great Lash in the past (you get 5 lashes with that brush!) I really, really like Great Lash Big. The brush is full and gets every little lash. Formula lasts all day with minimal smudging, no flaking, and virtually no irritation. It is a little difficult to wash off, but I just wash my face twice to get all the residue. Surprised I actually like a Maybelline mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jillybean5160

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Violet

This is the best mascara I have ever used. It doesn't clump and it looks almost like I'm wearing false lashes. It defines, lengthens, volumizes, and darkens my eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I do like the big brush on this mascara, and this formula isn't too wet. I'm using Latisse, and now I have the opposite problem of everyone else! My eye lashes are so long and thick that wet formulas make my lashes heavy and lean into each other and clump. This doesn't do that. It's a lighter formula, and gives me a nice coat of color. The Lots of Lashes formula is a little too wet! CVS has a buy one get one 50% off though!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by SunFlower85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great mascara! I love the big brush! I didnt care so much for the original, but with the big brush it works very well. Didnt clump or flake. I would definitely buy this again. My lashes look great =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by trisha868

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I barely ever repurchase any makeup because I love trying new things but this is just a staple for me. It gives me volume and length without the clumps. Plus I never have an issue with flaking. The brush is key and so is the wet like formula, it's better than the original to me (which I like too). Along with that fact that this mascara is about $4.50 (in my area) it's a great deal for me. So it's just that simple, big lashes, low price and happiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by muffkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my current favorite non-waterproof mascara. I have it in Blackest Black and I like how really dark it is. It is very buildable and doesn't clump. I think it adds both volume and length. For a regular mascara this has great staying power, my lashes are full all day. I like how you can apply it lightly for a day look or layer it up for a really dramatic effect.

It (obviously) has a big brush, classic wound bristle type. I like this because you don't have to keep putting it back in the tube to grab more when you are applying. I've had it for several months, no problems with clumping or drying out in the tube.

The regular Maybelline Great Lash I didn't like, it was too wet and took forever to dry. This formula is different and for me it dries quicker and layers nicely, making it much easier and cleaner to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by IllCladMartini

I've bought a few mascaras from the Maybelline range before, usually when broke, but I swear - no more! This is the last straw. I only apply it on my top lashes, but after an hour, I have mascara streaks down to my cheekbones. I have no idea if it smudges this much for anyone else. I actually thought it was my eyeliner at first, but no. Definitely the mascara. It clumps, and makes my eyelashes fall out when I try to remove it. Simply not good enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Leajer424

This is my favorite mascara. I would use a more expensive mascara if I thought it was better, but I love this. I have long, thin, light lashes, so I need color and thickness from a mascara. It really makes my lashes look nice and fan out, doesn't clump, and doesn't smear. The brush is big, yes, but I personally have to use a q tip to wipe any oops spots with literally any mascara, so it doesn't bother me. I use it on my bottom and top lashes- for the top lashes, I start in the corner with the small end of the brush. For my bottom lashes, I push it up against them and kind of wiggle it back and forth and it gets them perfectly. If I want more coverage, I just apply more and it never clumps, I don't even use a lash brush. The overall look to it is awesome. In terms of the regular "Great Lash", if you don't like it, please don't not try this because you think it's the same thing but with a different brush...b/c it isn't. The ingredients are totally different...look on the package.

Ok, I'm editing my review b/c I've had a reaction after using this mascara for 2 years (off and on). The second ingredient is Ozokerite...not sure if that's the issue, but it isn't in other mascaras I've used. I loved this mascara for everything else... Its always made my eyes water a little bit after putting it on, but now it's making my eyes slightly burn and water all day, and I'm usually not sensitive to things like that.
I've moved on to another mascara that doesn't irritate me at all. I also never liked how hard it was to remove. (I'm a simple girl, I like a mascara that I can get off while washing my face). I would always have to follow up with eye makeup remover after washing b/c it would leave waxy black residue everywhere. (I didn't use waterproof either.)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Buggles12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I actually really like this. I'm not that picky about mascara and I'm lucky I have thick long eyelashes to start with but this is my favorite mascara right now. It does a good job darkening my lashes and does not clump. It does smudge by the end of the day but I sweat alot at work so that is to be expected. A good basic mascara with no bells and whistles.