Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 9/8/2013 5:38:00 PM

Really love the rose and the original Fresh lip balm. Very expensive but smells amazing and feels great on my lips. The rose has just a hint of color, perfect for day and night.

I purchased a full size of this after receiving a sample from Sephora. It is soft, has SPF 15 and gives a great sheer rose color on lips but can also be layered for more color. The packaging is very chic. I just wish it wasn't so expensive for a lip balm.

on 8/4/2013 2:22:00 PM

I actually received this from Sephora as a birthday gift, and it was a delightful present indeed!
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Don't know how much it costs, but I got a mini and it's lasted me quite a while now. This product has a wonderful scent, adds the perfect amount of color and transforms chapped lips into luscious smooth lips ! It also has SPF 15. This is my go to product forever. I wouldn't even care if the price was $50+, it's that amazing for your lips.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Absolutely love this product!! Yes it is very expensive, and I never would have bought this until i received the two minis in a swap. I LOVE them and will repurchase them. This is a lovely smooth and creamy tinted chapstick that leaves a pinkish red tint. Such cute packaging too..

on 7/5/2013 7:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Became a staple in my handbag and nightstand!! But took off one star for the high price. It feels comfortable on my lips. Looks super natural and hides all the dry flakiness on my lips. It lasts on the lips just as much as the majority of lipsticks. Be sure to keep in Mind this is A Treatment Really, not a lipstick. It gives you some color for sure, but even better yet is that....... "this is the ONLY lip balm that doesn't break me out or cause black heads around my lips."
Thank you soo much Fresh, and please NEVER change formula.

on 7/5/2013 7:24:00 PM

I love this little lip balm! This was a chance discovery that I happened to have when I got a free sample from Sephora. The balm is super smooth and moisturizes for hours. This is a truly unbelievable product. I have been undergoing accutane treatment which has left my lips swollen and peeling for the better part of three months. This is the only balm that has virtually cured that condition. The color is fantastic and is great for fair-skinned girls in the summer. An added bonus is that this product smells awesome. I will definitely repurchase this product.

on 6/29/2013 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have a few Fresh Lip Treatments. I enjoy the subtle red tint this gives my lips. I need some color on my lips to brighten up my complexion and this certainly does this. I'm not a fan of the texture, it's very waxy and sits on top of my lips. While waxy and heavy, it is a soft product and is very easy to apply. Careful storing this in warm places as the product can quickly go from soft to melted. I'm not a fan of lemony scents, but the smell is not offensive. The only thing that really wins me over about this is the SPF content. I would not purchase these at full price or outside of a set.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't buy this if you want full-colour lipstick or gloss. That's not what this product is. It is a tinted balm, and as such it provides only a sheer wash of colour. Now with that said, I really love this as a tinted balm. It is a perfect light pink shade that just gives my lips a tiny bit of enhancing colour and a dewey finish. If I layer it, it's more of a berry shine. It is very versatile and is the perfect addition to a natural face or to balance out a strong eye. Like many, I got a sample of this in the Sephora birthday gift set last year. I went through that tiny tube very, very quickly and then went out and bought the full size. I also bought it in Coral (love that one too, separate review to come). A few months later, I lost the Rose tube and missed it enough that I went and bought another one. Of course, right after that purchase, I found my first tube again! So, now I have two and they get a fair bit of use.

Other pros include SPF, a decent amount of moisturization, a soft, light feel, and a taste and smell that I quite enjoy. The guy I'm seeing now really likes the taste too, every time he kisses me when I'm wearing it he comments that I taste "sweet" or "delicious" or "like sugar". So, man approved. :) It is also literally the best lip product packaging I've ever seen, the screw-top is genius and I love the look.

Cons are the price, not the most long lasting (but about the same as any other tinted balm), and the tendency to get mushy in hot weather. I suggest keeping it in a purse or jacket pocket, instead of a pants pocket up against your skin; I find that keeps it from melting.

As I mentioned, I have already bought again once. In theory I would continue to buy it, but the price IS kind of stupid for what you're getting. I'll be looking for a comparable cheaper product. Otherwise I might wait for Sephora sales (Friends & Family or VIB) to buy it as needed.

EDIT: Gah! So apparently Fresh tests on animals. :/ No more Fresh lip treatments for me. I am thus changing my "buy again." Take that as you will.

on 6/19/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

A lot of people criticize the lack of colour payoff in this product. Yes, this product is very sheer. Hence it being labelled as a lip treatment rather than a lipstick. However, that being said, I was actually surprised that quite a bit of colour transferred to my lips!

I suppose I wasn't expecting much colour in the first place (and chose this particular one over the others due to the pink packaging), so it was a nice surprise to see the result. It gives my lips what my friends refer to as a "French" look - very natural and classic. Keep in mind that my lips are very pale naturally. I have a friend with snow white, "just bitten" lips and this colour would most definitely not show up on her.

The actual product itself works magnificently. By far the best lip treatment I've tried (better than that carmex gunk). As a person with VERY dry skin/lips, I've noticed a huge difference since using this product. The product has a very soft, silky finish, which I appreciate in a lip balm (over that waxy feeling). My mother has the regular version of this product (in the brown tube), and when using hers, I do notice a difference in the products. If you're not interested in the tint of this lip treatment, I'd opt for the original - it was much more nourishing to the lips. This leaves me conflicted for my next tube.... I'm not sure which to purchase next. If it weren't for the steep price, I'd buy both... plus the plum one!

Further bonuses of the product: It comes in a sturdy, screw-on lid, guaranteeing it won't open up in your purse and get tiny hairs stuck on it. Plus, it smells AMAZING. Like pink lemonade on a warm summer's day.

on 6/5/2013 3:41:00 PM

I didn't like this product at first. However, recently I've been using it with my benetint and it's the perfect combination!!! It looks natural and just so pretty! Love it! The spf is a huge plus in my books! <3

Popular Lip Treatments