Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.0%)(Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Glucoside, Sucrose Laurate, Salix Nigra Bark Extract (Willow), Coco Betaine, Betaine, Beta Vulgaris Root Extract (Beet), Oenothera Biennis Leaf Extract (Evening Primrose), Sodium Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Glycerin, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco Glucoside, Fragrance, Glucose, Alcohol Denat., Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This product is watery and it's kinda hard to squeeze the bottle because the plastic is so thick. But other than that, this cleanser takes off my makeup and doesn't make my skin feel dry or tight. I can last 15 minutes without a moisturizer, so that's a good thing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Despite many good reviews, I should have investigated the ingredients before using this. After one use, it made me breakout all over lower half of both cheeks (where I never normally break out). Those with very sensitive, extremely acne-prone skin, beware! I let my guard down because burts bees is an all-natural brand and I enjoy many of their other products but got horrifying results. Needless to say, I discontinued use immediately and my cheek acne slowly healed (rest of acne is still around unfortunately). The search for "good" skincare products continues!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't like this product at all - first of all it really isn't a "gel". It's super watery and I found, because of that, it was very hard to use.
It didn't help with my acne and the bottle was gone in less than a month. I also didn't enjoy the smell.

on 1/12/2011 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It cleanses well and helps to minimize the breakouts I get.

on 1/11/2011 10:11:00 PM

This cleanser is part of my skin care regimen. It keeps my teenage acne under control very well and I'm particularly impressed by the natural ingredients. I love how it has 1% salicylic acid which is very effective nevertheless. I use this about twice a week which works wonders for my skin. My one complaint is the packaging which is absolutely dreadful. The dispenser is difficult to use because when you squeeze the gel out, its watery texture runs off of your fingers. I would have much preferred a pump instead. Despite the packaging, I definitely suggest this instead of the well known names such as proactive since it is hardly harsh on the skin and works like a charm.

on 12/23/2010 6:28:00 PM

i do like this because it does have the acid that i need but at a lower dose than other products- the other stuff dries out my skin too much, so this is a perfect balance. the consistency is sorta runny and you do end up wasting a bit of the product, but overall, i do enjoy it. so far it has done a good job at keeping my pores somewhat clear. a little pricy but most burts bees products are. i am happy this exists :)

on 11/22/2010 5:26:00 PM

This works, doens't foam like a bubble bath and is easy to wash off. Due to this I am happy to overlook the fact that the bottle is a little too small for the price, its too runny, dispenser is terrible (why is there no pump?) and it smells like stale cardboard. This is very gentle and really works at preveting pimples. Highly recommended and will repurchase. If they fix the other points I pointed out, this would be a 5 star product. I dislike this brand in general since it clogs up my skin but this is great.

on 10/29/2010 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Acne-prone ... extremely oily and sensitive skin, ESPECIALLY my cheeks ... dry under my lips ..... HORRIBLE adult acne (REAL BAD).. . ...

This product: SO FAR, SO GOOD!!!! Leaves my face feeling CLEAN and and I have to say, the inflammation has definitely gone down!! I just started using this product like 4 days ago, but I am happy with the way my face has been looking so like I said, SO FAR, SO GOOD!!! :-)

++++++++ UPDATE 1/8/11 ++++++++

HG CLEANSER. <3
Long battle w/ adult acne - OVER. Face is CLEAR. .. (with help of Retin-A Micro). . .. seriously though, there is no better facial cleanser out there. . .. PERIOD.

on 10/27/2010 9:20:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 3 months now, morning and night. I found that it did not help my acne whatsoever, but it kept my face semi-clean. I kept using it just because I know it takes a while for an acne product to start working, and the fact that I didn't want to buy a new cleanser with this one being so full still. Its now almost empty (YAY.)The search for the best cleanser continues...

on 10/3/2010 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product for free from BzzAgent, so I didn't have to pay for it. I have been trying a lot of stuff to help my acne and different face washes, so I just decided hey, why not.

I have been using it for about two weeks now, and I must say that I am impressed. It doesn't dry my skin too much yet has been keeping it mostly clear. Obviously, it's not a miracle product that will get rid of your acne, but it helps!

The fact that it is all natural is very important to me. I'm not too crazy about the smell though, but it's bugging me less and less (at first I was really turned off though).

I'd suggest it to everyone, as the price isn't very high for what it does (I usually buy more expensive face washes that don't work as well). I'll keep using it until I run out and might buy a new bottle.