August 20, 2014 | 1438 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Natural Acne Solutions - Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by elee522

This cleanser is part of my skin care regimen. It keeps my teenage acne under control very well and I'm particularly impressed by the natural ingredients. I love how it has 1% salicylic acid which is very effective nevertheless. I use this about twice a week which works wonders for my skin. My one complaint is the packaging which is absolutely dreadful. The dispenser is difficult to use because when you squeeze the gel out, its watery texture runs off of your fingers. I would have much preferred a pump instead. Despite the packaging, I definitely suggest this instead of the well known names such as proactive since it is hardly harsh on the skin and works like a charm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i do like this because it does have the acid that i need but at a lower dose than other products- the other stuff dries out my skin too much, so this is a perfect balance. the consistency is sorta runny and you do end up wasting a bit of the product, but overall, i do enjoy it. so far it has done a good job at keeping my pores somewhat clear. a little pricy but most burts bees products are. i am happy this exists :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

This works, doens't foam like a bubble bath and is easy to wash off. Due to this I am happy to overlook the fact that the bottle is a little too small for the price, its too runny, dispenser is terrible (why is there no pump?) and it smells like stale cardboard. This is very gentle and really works at preveting pimples. Highly recommended and will repurchase. If they fix the other points I pointed out, this would be a 5 star product. I dislike this brand in general since it clogs up my skin but this is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by CLAWZGALAW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Acne-prone ... extremely oily and sensitive skin, ESPECIALLY my cheeks ... dry under my lips ..... HORRIBLE adult acne (REAL BAD).. . ...

This product: SO FAR, SO GOOD!!!! Leaves my face feeling CLEAN and and I have to say, the inflammation has definitely gone down!! I just started using this product like 4 days ago, but I am happy with the way my face has been looking so like I said, SO FAR, SO GOOD!!! :-)

++++++++ UPDATE 1/8/11 ++++++++

HG CLEANSER. <3
Long battle w/ adult acne - OVER. Face is CLEAR. .. (with help of Retin-A Micro). . .. seriously though, there is no better facial cleanser out there. . .. PERIOD.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by LexaD

I've been using this product for about 3 months now, morning and night. I found that it did not help my acne whatsoever, but it kept my face semi-clean. I kept using it just because I know it takes a while for an acne product to start working, and the fact that I didn't want to buy a new cleanser with this one being so full still. Its now almost empty (YAY.)The search for the best cleanser continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ashtrayxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product for free from BzzAgent, so I didn't have to pay for it. I have been trying a lot of stuff to help my acne and different face washes, so I just decided hey, why not.

I have been using it for about two weeks now, and I must say that I am impressed. It doesn't dry my skin too much yet has been keeping it mostly clear. Obviously, it's not a miracle product that will get rid of your acne, but it helps!

The fact that it is all natural is very important to me. I'm not too crazy about the smell though, but it's bugging me less and less (at first I was really turned off though).

I'd suggest it to everyone, as the price isn't very high for what it does (I usually buy more expensive face washes that don't work as well). I'll keep using it until I run out and might buy a new bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ilovemakeup15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product worked wonders for me! I have acne prone skin and I've tried literally EVERYTHING, but nothing seemed to work and I actually came across this product on accident and i think it was the best accident ever. After using it for about a week I immediately started seeing results and I have been using it ever since. The price is a bit pricey but definitely worth every penny because it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by viharra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have been using for a month now and when used with the other items of the BB acne line works well. No weird, unpronouncable stuff in the products. Lightly foaming, so if you want lots of bubbles this is not the product for you. Non-drying which is very important to me since stripping my skin kicks oil production into overdrive and creates the perfect environment for more blemishes.

Great natural alternative to the super chemical laced traditional acne product lines. No worries about benzoyl peroxide bleaching clothes or bed linens.

Very runny formula. I find that I open the top of the bottle 1/2 way and just drizzle out a little bit-plenty for face and neck. Wet hands(before applying product) first to avoid washing product away prior to working into a foam.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this! I was using Clean and Clear daily pore cleanser but when I started boycotting companies that test on animals I needed to find a new one. I researched online and decided to buy this Burt's Bees cleanser. I'm SO glad I did! Instead of striping the oil from my face, this product gently washes my skin with a little bit of natural oil in the cleanser! I've tried to stick with oil free products because of my oily/acne prone skin but this has actually made my skin look less oily. After just 2 days of using this I was getting compliments on how my skin seemed to be clearer and less red. My skin is MUCH smoother now.
As for the consistency of the cleanser, I wouldn't call it a gel, it's more of a liquid. It's about the consistency of liquid dish soap. It doesn't lather up or bubble up very much, but my skin still feels very clean after using this. I use about a quarter sized puddle in the palm of my hand. I don't wear foundation or face makeup, but I hear if you wear makeup you'll need to remove it before using this product. I'm so happy I found this!!! Will I buy this again? YESSSSS!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by gmoskol

I was using Biore cleanser before this one. I just had my second baby and I wanted to go the more natural route with some products. I read some positive reviews on this product and in the past I have had some good experiences with some of their body products so I decided to give this a try. I bought it at CVS for $9.99, which I thought was a little pricey for a 5oz bottle of cleanser. The first thing I noticed was that it did not produce a rich lather like the Biore that I was used to. After my initial wash and rinse I decided to wash my face one more time to make sure it was clean. After washing the second time and rinsing my skin felt nice. It did not feel tight and dry, the way that it does most of the time after I wash it so I took that as a good sign. I followed up with my usual witch hazel toner and saw that the cotton ball I used did not have any dirt or make up on it, so obviously the cleanser did its job. After about a week I noticed that my skin tone looked a little more even and my blackheads looked slightly improved. I also did not notice any dryness. This is the third week I am using the cleanser and overall I am happy with it. If I continue to see improvement in my skin then I will make this my regular cleanser from now on.