April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - tria - Laser Hair Removal System

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MaddyLanechange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been researching Tria for a while and finally decided to buy it. I'm glad I waited because when I first looked into it, it was $900 and I just paid $500 with shipping and taxes/duty to Canada. That's a big difference. I have brown hair and fair skin.
Here's what I've done so far. I had to call Triabeauty customer service to activate my laser. Quick and easy - took 5 minutes. My laser came charged. It's really easy to turn it on, just follow the easy steps. I shaved my legs and pat them dry. The laser battery lasts 30 minutes so I managed to do one leg in one treatment. It takes approx. 3 hours to charge so I put it away for the night and did the second treatment this morning, my other leg. During the first treatment I was playing around with the settings. My laser has 5 settings and I mostly used it on level 3 because 4&5 were painful. This morning when I did my other leg, I used level 5 on the whole leg and it was a bit uncomfortable in some spots (where I have thicker hair) but not really painful so I think that I was just being a wuss last night. I'm going to try to use it on level 5 from now on. My plan for this evening is to do my underarms. I'm trying to be patient and take my time moving the laser making sure I cover all areas to avoid patchy hair growth. I'm looking forward to seeing the results although I know I won't see them for a while. I will keep you updated.
I'm keeping track of all my treatments so that I don't miss any. I will be following the Triabeauty recommendations. Every 2 weeks for the first 3 months and then 1x month for the next 2-5 months. I HOPE the results are permanent. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!
Check back soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by arikboi76

I had at least 10 laser treatments on my entire body and was about to sign up for another 5 treatments to get rid of residual hair. Doing research, i stumbled across TRIA. I purchased mine for $495 and Bloomingdales. I will make this short and simple. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product!!!!

I used it on my face to get rid of those stubborn residual hairs on the corners of my lips and jawline. I put it on 5 (highest power) and felt the zing of the laser but not intolerable. I love doing it in the privacy of my own home and on my own time.

I had laser treatments at a salon and I had to pay for parking. I failed to show up for a scheduled treament and they charged me a $100 no show fee. Needless to say, TRIA is way more cost effective. I will never go to rip off salons ever again!!!! And for those hard to reach areas??? Well, that's what your girlfriends are for!!! hehe

PS. If u are not satisfied with TRIA, just return it to Bloomingdale's.

I hope u found my review helpful.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mkrnhp

8/15/11 More info on my Tria. I have the older one that goes up to level three. I love it. I only use it monthly now for spot treatment. For whatever reason I went blank on how to use the thing. Meaning I "Tria'd" and then cut it off. I think I turned it back on. After about five times at this I had turned it off I guess. I really did panick and thought the battery life was up. I realized I was turning it off and on. Whew! I more than likely would have purchased a new one. I only spot tria now. My legs are so smooth as well as my underarms and bikini area. I have used it on my upper lip. I look at a lot of reviews and I did look into this a lot before I purchased. I am so glad I bought it. I actually logged each use and so far it has out lived it's battery life. I just can't say enough good about. My legs are so soft and just shine. I shave maybe once a month to get those few scraglers. I hope the reviews that say the hair comes back are wrong. Regardless, I am very happy with the Tria. I think I paid 595 maybe 495 can't remember but I really do like it and have no regrets. I agree good customer service. It can be painful but it is worth it. I have received nothing from Tria it is just a really good product.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I came on line to review Careprost for longer lashes and plan to try it from the reviews I have seen.

This is also how I came to buy the Tria - looking up reviews. Reviews a year ago sounded good but I could not find a lot of reviews on long term use. I have had my Tria a year and LOVE it. I paid 795 - high but compared to professional it is cheaper and more private. I had my underarms and lip professionally done but still needed more treatments when I decided to get the Tria. Of course after two months the price dropped 200. Oh well still great purchase. I was going to rate this up there with Lasik but Lasik eye surgery is still the greatest. Then Tria. Hopefully, I can say the same about Careprost.

Anyway, I use the Tria very consistently. I have logged in a note book every use just curious to see how long it lasts. I can't remember how many charges you are to get but I know you are supposed to get 90,000 pulses.

I can say I shave hardly ever. When I do shave I use the razor -hardly rinse and it is enough (meaning I put soap on grab the razor and use it. I don't rinse it no need and I am able to do both legs top and bottom then I rinse and put the razor up) I shave maybe every couple of weeks if that. I used to have the little hair trail in the shower (I have dark course hard - or had it) not anymore no hair trail because there is hardly any hair. I have used on my under arms and lip with good results. My under arms used to look dark even right after I shaved. I did not like wearing tank tops for that reason. Not any more smooth and clear. I find myself feeling of my legs all the time because they are so smooth and so much more smooth than right after a shave. I would say my hair is 90% less. My body in those areas is so smooth like baby skin. Even where some hair is left it is just softer. I am guessing I have 2-4 more "treatments" of all areas lip, under arms, upper tighs, lower and bikini area and the thing may cut out or die. We will see. It is time consuming. You have to be consistent. The new excitement wore off quick but I kept at it. I almost always used on 3. It does hurt in some areas. But I just kept at it knowing it was doing the job. I had even formed a heart in my bikini area (and it was making the shape) but then I thought that may be kinda weird so I Tria'd it normal.
I can't say if in a few years if all the hair will grow back or not only time will tell. I have read your body can try to "heal" itself and re grow the hair. Will see. Regardless, I Love this product and like it so much if this one does not get ALL the hair I will buy another one and pass it along to family. It worked great on me. The Tria says that one should be enough to do all of your body and so far I believe it. Hope this helps. I purchased my Tria August 09 used it just like they say and it is still going. In each session which Tria calls a treatment. I do the following areas. My underarms, toes, top of feet, lip if needed, lower and upper tighs and bikini area. I will also have to try the blue tape idea. I would say that is the hardest part you can not tell where you have been so that is where the consistenct part comes in. I can usually tell an area I missed and just really concentrate in that area the next treatment. This product has worked great for me. I mainly bought it to do my bikini area. I did not want to be having hair removed down there in an office. Now I can take care of it at home. Be ready to get into some positions to get to that area but for me it has been so worth it.
12/8/10 follow up. I have had the Tria what over a year August. Still loving it. I rarely shave. I did shave the other day and then just Tria'd the few hairs here and there all over. When I got this thing it was non stop hair zapping not anymore. There are a few hairs here and there.
So I just keep zapping them and logging my uses (to see how long the Tria lasts). I don't feel drawn to Tria like I did the new has wore off and the need is not there. My fear is just keeping it on the charger it will die (like a skin light Ansr did - probably would not buy this again pd $129.) so I use it about once a month. I hope to keep using it until all hair is GONE. I have used it on my upper lip, toes, legs, underarms, bikini area etc. If you want less hair (in my opinion) you are missing out not getting this. Every one is not the same but works for me.
Will follow up again later on. Update 1/31/11 LOVE This thing.
The head is small, it is boring, the new has wore off BUT this thing is working on me. I tria'd last night and just hit hairs here and th

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dietcokecan

Save your time and your money.

I was an ideal candidate for Tria -- I have dark hair and pale skin, and also a high pain tolerance and lots of patience. Unfortunately, this gadget let me down. I wish it would have worked -- but the truth is, the results were not permanent.

The Tria has five different levels. The highest level was uncomfortable, but not unbearable on my legs and arms. The highest level was very painful on my underarms. I ended up purchasing some lidocaine spray and numbing the area before use.

The laser only zaps a tiny bit of hair -- it has a surface area smaller than a dime -- at a time. This means you have to do a ton of "zaps" to cover even a small area. The actual laser is surrounded by plastic casing so it's impossible to tell where you zapped, so you just have to move the laser a quarter of an inch, zap again an hope you are getting the right area. This is very time consuming and since the device is so heavy, awkward and tiring.

Another problem is that the device won't zap unless it's on a flat area surrounded by skin. It's a safety mechanism. It's fine when doing flat area of your legs but makes it difficult to efficiently use in the hollows of your underarms, or around the knees.

While doing treatments, I immediately noticed my hair would grow in slower, lighter, and thinner! I had to shave less often and had fewer hairs to shave. Unfortunately, the hair reduction/removal was not permanent -- two months after stopping treatment, the hair returned. It has now returned to it's normal growth cycle and I've experienced no permanent results from Tria.

20 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by articia527

So far so good! While I have only been using the laser for roughly the last six weeks, I am already pretty impressed. While it hasn't yet had the chance to fully diminish hair growth on treated areas, it has already GREATLY reduced the coarseness as well as increasing the amount of time between shaves. It has already improved areas prone to razor bumps and ingrowns, without irritating the delicate skin (lower abdomen and bikini line), if not fully diminished them already. It's worked so well already that I can finally wear a bikini with confidence, without having to worry about embarrassing bikini line irritation. Of course any permanent results will take far longer to show, but the fact that I am already experiencing such great success with it is fantastic... and worth mentioning, for anyone who might be prone to impatience.

Some might initially balk at the price, but when compared side by side with other options, it is not only far more cost efficient, but more convenient as well. For the amount you'd pay to get JUST your bikini line done by a professional, you can spend on this miraculous gadget, and treat your entire body in the privacy of your own home. It sounded too good to be true to me, but now that I have tried it, I can't imagine being without it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by cleo4lyfe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe people are reviewing this product after only 1-4 mo of use. You have to use the device a min of 6x 1 mo apart and then wait another 3 mo w/out treatment to determine your final outcome (that's true even of pro laser treatment). I used this for 1 yr religiously every month on almost my entire body (except back and torso). It's been at least 3 mo after my final treatment and you want to know what my results are? 5% reduction of hair. And that was using the highest setting on all areas except bikini. What people don't realize is that this is not a permanent solution in the least. While you're in the middle of your treatments you think it's working great, but after you stop, almost all the hair comes back. I tested this on my DH at the same time (he's the ideal candidate for this - fair skin w/dark hair) and his results were just as bad. Also, my pain threshhold is pretty high and this thing hurts like a SOB. I got a bad burn on the bikini area as well (left a scar). The unit is heavy and gets hot. The fan is so loud it's hard to hear the beeps that tell you it' ok to proceed to the next area. And don't even think you'll be able to do this while watching tv. After continued use, say 6 mo, the battery life decreases dramatically. I could only get 15 min out of it as apposed to 25. I wanted a home laser to work more than anybody, but this was just an epic fail. Don't waste your time or money.

25 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by caramel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

** This is for the latest (2nd) version of Tria**
I freakin' LOVE this gadget! It has seriously changed my life, and I can safely state that it's one of the best things (if not THE best) I've ever purchased. I'm not going to get into details of operation and usage b/c I see other reviewers have already done so. This review will cover my results etc.

I also rebelled against Tria's warnings and bought this primarily for my face. I've inherited wonderfully abundant and coarse chin and upper lip hairs. They were so brutal and grew back so quickly after every tweezing session, that at times it was emotionally painful. Anyway... I've done 4 sessions so far, about once every 3 weeks on levels 1 and 2. I can't stand anything higher than 2 (I have a very low pain threshold). I'm noticing a DRAMATIC difference. Seriously, dramatic! The hair is much less, much finer, and the ones that do grow back are extremely slow. I'll update later after a couple more sessions.

I started using it on my underarms recently and my, oh my! Magic :) .. I could honestly see a difference right after the second session! Crazy, huh? I use it on level 1. I've only done 2 sessions so far and will update later.

For the price, Tria is AMAZING! You're removing/reducing hair at the comfort of your home and for a lot cheaper than what you'd pay at a laser clinic. I hope the makers will release another gadget with a slightly bigger laser head to cover larger areas more easily, BUT I do love the small size of this one when it comes to treating small/narrow areas like the upper lip and such. For reference, I'm golden-tan, NC35-37 depending on the season. One charge covers my upper lip, chin, and underarms 2-3 times and a bit more -- I think this is pretty good!

UPDATE 7/18/2010: Did the 8th treatment of facial hair 2 weeks ago, ~90% hair reduction. 4th treatment on underarms 3 months ago, 30% reduction. LOVING IT!

UPDATE 3/18/2011: A bit over a year now. Still loving it for small areas. I do not have the patience for larger areas with such a small head, so I'll probably go to a pro for those. But honestly, I'm so glad I bought this! My upper lip hair is down by 95% after 10 treatments. I didn't have time to continue with underarms, but after 4 initial treatments and months of just shaving I see a stable reduction by about 30%. I'm sad to say that although Tria initially worked brilliantly on my chin, the results after a year aren't as impressive as I had expected. I only did 9 treatments on the chin on settings 1 and 2, so it might be that the hair is very stubborn and I didn't keep up, or it might be hormonal - YMMV. Overall, still very satisfied b/c the results I've already achieved have more than made up for the price I paid.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by adelineq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the tria a month ago and so far have finished one treatment on my underarms, bikini, and both lower legs. It is time consuming but I feel will be worth it in the end. I want to share a tip with everyone because making sure that you laser EVERY 1/4 inch area is essential, I use blue painters tape as my guide. Make sure to have a pen on hand, and mark the top and bottom of the tape, so that you can move the tape over exactly a 1/4 inch. This method works great for me and the painters tape is gentle when you have to pull it off.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had my TRIA for two months now. I've been a bit sporadic about using it so I can't even say how many treatments I've done in any given area but I'll go through the areas and make a guess.

I bought this for $595 at Nordstroms (good return policy - just in case it was awful!) but later realized that I should have ordered it from them online since they participate in cashback programs. Oh well - it was still worth the money! I've had my eye on this since it came out - it was $995 a couple of years ago! Then it wento $795 and when I searched it again it was $595 - I knew it was time to jump in! I was able to register mine online instead of calling, which was nice. I also got the newest model that has 5 settings - I freaked out at first because it still shows 3 light indicators but now the bottom (only) light is lowest, the middle (only) light is low-medium, the top (only) light is medium, the bottom TWO is medium-high and all three on is high. So don't panic that you didn't get the newer 5-level system if you only see three inidicator lights!

I've used this on my underarms, bikini area and (so far) one lower leg.

Bikini area: I'd give this 10 lippies if I could! I've probably done 5-6 treatments (not so much following the "use it every two weeks for the first three months" guideline because it's really quick and easy on the bikini line - why not try to speed things up?!) I would say that 95% of the hair is gone here. After several days I can still FEEL some hair (and still a few strays that I can see) but the hair I feel is really fine and not visible. I am sure that TRIA will never take care of those because it works based on the darkness of the hair. (And I know what you're thinking - "I don't have any fine blond hair in the bikini area" - but I thought the same thing so maybe you do!) I am really, really, really pleased with this and if it was the only thing TRIA could do for me I would be very happy with it. Definitely worth $600 as treatments (not to mention years of touch-ups) would have cost me this much. I use it on medium-high setting for this but if it really hurts I'll bump it back to medium. I do believe I did closer in on medium-low at first as it got more painful as you moved inward.

Underarms - I hate, hate, hate the fact that I'm giving the TRIA 4 lippies instead of 5 because I love it so much for my bikini area. But I haven't seen it do much for my underarms! I don't know why that is - I've done as many treatments and I use the same setting (medium-high) but it just keeps growing back. If there is less hair then it's not measurable enough for me to know it. And of all the weird things, it hurts a LOT more on my right underarm than on my left. So I often turn it down to medium on my right side. You might think my results are being impaired by that but the left side has the same results And I think it would be too painful on high. I am definitely going to keep trying with it, though - underarms are really quick so it's easy to keep going. This is the sole reason I'm not giving this 5 lippies - I assume that if it's not working for me here, then there are women for whom it won't work (here or other areas.)

Legs: I've done all of my right calf now at least once with a couple of areas that have been done three times now. The areas that have been hit a few times look very good! I used this to do my knees, too, because shaving is so hard there. I figured that even if it doesn't work well (due to taking too long to do such a large area) then I'd be happy to not cut up my knees anymore! But I have been really impressed with my legs so I'm going to keep going on them. I also use medium-high here but I think in most areas I could bump it up to high.

Pain factor - every once in a while it will hurt like h*ll. But usually it's either nothing at all or a small snapping feeling. It's almost like you can feel how hot the hair got (HOT!) My underarms hurt more than legs, right side more than left (what's that about?!) and my bikini area is not bad. I also think that the bikini area has hurt less and less over treatments, which makes sense. (If you're damaging the follicles and hair isn't growing, then there is no dark hair to absorb the light, therefore no heat, therefore no pain.) Also suggest that you do this only with FRESHLY shaved legs. I did a part of my calf the other evening that had been shaved that morning (about 12 hours before) and it definitely hurt more than other areas even though it still felt smooth. It wasn't unbearable at all - but definitely hurt worse. For this reason, I also recommend a good, clean, sharp razor - the closer the shave the less pain!

I would so, so, so buy this again. I have been so happy with my leg results that even if I charge it so much that it wears out, I would repurchase (provided I continue to be happy and see these same results.) I realize that things will never be perfect - fine/light hairs that will never zap, they do grow back eventually, etc. But if it allows me to not have to shave every single time I want to wear shorts, to be able to toss on a swimsuit at a moment's notice, to wear tank tops whenever I want with minimal/less-often shaving then I am thrilled!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Dazz

OK. A little about me: I have light skin and very dark, coarse, dense, hair. I purchased the TRIA specifically to use on my face (chin, upper lip, sides). As other reviewers pointed out, I was and am aware that this hasn't been cleared as yet for the face in the US, however the same unit is sold in the UK and has been cleared for the face.I have been using the TRIA for 4 months. This is a diode laser just like you would have used on you at a laser clinic using a diode laser (though, obviously, less powerful). This device works, and works VERY well. I have undergone professional laser treatments in the past but ran out of money before receiving the recommended or sufficient number of treatments. Back then, in 1996, I was thrilled with how my results were coming along (I had 5 treatments on my face).....but I just ran out of cash. This little beauty is delivering those same results....I have used it a total of 9 times in 4 m,onths (with today being treatment 9). The hair is just disappearing and my face and skin look awesome and smooth for once in my life (without a shadow beneath the skin). People at work who don't know I even have an issue with hirsutism make comments like "wow, your skin and make-up looks great....did you have a facial or something"? I am thrilled that I can use this in the privacy of my home and I am thrilled that my prayers have been answered. I just can't explain how happty I am.....you would have to have lived in my shoes to know how much this means to me. I'll add the same disclaimer as my other MU Alley friends: I am not endorsing or suggesting that anyone use TRIA on their face......I am just merely reporting on my own experience. Thanks!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No