January 28, 2015 | 1883 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Flawless Definition mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. I tend to go for a dramatic lash look, but am always moaning that the formulations of mascaras which promise drama are clumpy and unworkable. I decided to try this one, hoping for a well-defined look, but half fearing that it would look too low key for my taste. What I found, though, was that this mascara has a smooth formulation that applies evenly and, despite the small teeth on the brush, separated my lashes well. A single coat barely showed up on me - it darkened my lashes only very subtly. (My lashes are very long but blonde at the roots and tips, so a single coat only helped to show their full length - ie making the 'invisible' blonde bits visible.) However, I found that the product layered well, and several coats layered in quick succession (without allowing each coat to dry) gave me excellent definition AND good volume. But this was a different volume from that given by so many designed-to-volumise products - my lashes looked thick AND plentiful (rather than clumped together into 2 or 3 bunches). My lashes looked defined, separated, blackened (not 'greyed') and thickened. This is a great day time mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I received this as a deluxe sample from Sephora. It's a good every-day mascara for me. It just gives my natural lashes a tiny bit of a boost, but apart from holding a curl, it's very hard to see any difference in my bare lashes and two standard coats of this mascara. I probably wouldn't purchase a full size, but I would use this again as a sample or as part of a travel/gift set without disappointment. No clumping, flaking, or smudging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara a lot. It isn't my favorite but it does a great job and lengthening and definging. I had no coplaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jcr47

Overall, I really liked this mascara. I was looking for something that gave my lashes length, and I was definitely impressed. I really do love the look it gives them and the brush is teeny tiny so very easy to use! It especially works well to get the little hairs that are usually so difficult to reach with a larger brush. The main thing is the price. I just can't bring myself to constantly buy this for $18 a pop when I could get pretty much the same results with something like L'Oreal Telescopic or Rimmel Lash Accelerator. I probably will repurchase again, but only if I really feel that nothing else cheaper lives up to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by vball91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a good size sample with purchase. It's OK. It gives decent definition and some length. But no volume, and it doesn't hold a curl at all. I would not pay full price for this when there are better mascaras for much less out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jcharris3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've just received this with my new BE/ minerals purchase. LOVE IT! Easy to apply without clumps and lengthens my lashes! Very nice! Would highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by teekay01

There seems to be a mixed review on this formula, but no ambiguity from yours truly. I cannot stand anything that usually has the words "bare" or "minerals" in it, so this review is truly from the heart. I got this as a sample, but a good sized one. My lashes are wonderfully plump, defined, glossy, and elongated. No clumping, no smudging, no flaking, no running, no irritation. I will never ever use any mineral product, but this is a goodie and worth trying if you are doing some heavy soul searching for the perfect mascara formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Kaskine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is nice for lengthening but it does absolutely nothing for volume! I have to apply this mascara and then apply another on top of that to add volume. Would not recommend if you are looking for any form of volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:32:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works decently, but it stung and irritated my eyes horribly every time I used it. The formula is nothing amazing and those with sensitive eyes might want to pass on this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by styx1231

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is in my daily rotation of mascara's. I like it, it doesn't flake, the brush is interesting, and it really separates my lashes. You do have to put on a couple coats for it to make an impact, which is kind of a pain if you're trying to get out the door in the morning. That's really my only complaint, and that's not enough for me to stop using the product.