September 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by siruhi

I've got 2 mineral foundations from the different companies at the moment.Bare Minerals and Sweet Face Minerals. I sure notice the difference! Bare Minerals Matte is so satiny and velvety texture and it makes skin perfect. But damn,I got the wrong color,Light W15,which is definitely so warm shade it's not good for my ivory skin. I have to get the Fairly Light N10. I will purchase it soon,cause it is so fine result that BM Matte gives,no else foundation can do that.And I have tried lots and lots of different makeup foundations. I don't like that much of the click lock go system,because when you got some overleft product after applying,you cannot get it back there.Otherwise that is pretty good too. So I just LOVE this stuff,and the price isn't so bad I think.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went through one and a half pots of the Bare Minerals Matte Mineral Foundation because a. It looked most natural and uncakey as any other foundation I've tried (& I have tried A LOT) b. A little goes a long way - the pot lasts awhile! and c. I was not dealt a lucky hand when it came to skin - my face breaks out very easily and this never broke me out - I really could sleep in it and it improved my skin overtime. But dun dun dun here is the however...

However, I have VERY oily skin which was why I opted for the matte (and I'm also very fair so the original with the sparkles in it makes me look like a 12 yr old fairy) but even with the matte and a matte finishing veil I still got very shiny 2 hrs after applying. That being said, it also oxidizes and makes it much darker. I'm as fair as they make so even slight oxidation makes it obvious I'm wearing foundation. I told an Ulta girl about this and she said that's common with the Matte mineral powder and she's also heard it makes you itch in the summer...so she steered me to the bare minerals ready foundation. It's a new formula and she raved about it. She told me she was underwhelmed with the original formula but this one is the closet to real skin texture. She applied it in the store and it looked magnificent! EDIT: I'll be reviewing the Ready Foundation. NOT magnificent.

If you are not shine prone or very, very fair then matte bare minerals will more than likely look excellent on you but it wasn't for me. The product itself isn't bad, necessarily and I wouldnt mind blotting every now and then throughout the day but the oxidation really killed it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone, dry skin. I planned on switching to powder foundation after vichy dermablend broke me out horribly.

I read that pressed powders are more likely to break you out due to the binders. I decided to go with bareminerals because it was less likely to break me out and was "buildable".

I didn't want the original because it was very shimmery, which I hate and the shimmer can break some people out.

I really think this is one of the most over rated products. In Canada, it cost $36 for 5 mg. Not worth it. You need to use so much to cover anything and its patchy, especially over concealer. It takes forever to build up. The product flies all over and you inhale it, which is not good.

Shades:
The lightest shade is too dark and pink in undertone for asian or pale skin. I have nc15-20 skin.

Pros: This did reduce the appearance of pores. It looked great on my nose, but that's it.

I'm returning it...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by wgillesp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping that it would help with my acne and oil slick for a face, and it did the opposite. First, this product somehow made me more oily... It dried out my oily skin (which is REALLY a feat) and left me with dry, itchy, irritated red patches around my nose and on my cheeks, which subsequently made me MORE oily as my face tried to compensate for the sahara desert that had popped up after applying this. Additionally, it broke down really fast, especially on my chin, and left me with weird patchiness on my face. It also didn't cover very well unless I built it up a ton, which only worsened the dry/oily battle happening. Additionally, I hate the packaging. The black lid shows smudges really easily, and the powder makes that worse, and the whole "swirl-tap-buff" thing seems very wasteful and results in clouds of makeup dust all over everything, and I'm a bit OCD and therefore powder products like this just drive me crazy (can't do loose eyeshadow, what a nightmare) because they get stuck around the lip outside the canister and underneath the sifter cap in the foundation. DO NOT RECOMMEND AND WILL NEVER REPURCHASE! What a huge waste of money :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was pretty ok. I love that this brand has different undertone selections so that's great but I found myself not totally in love with the product like I thought I would be. Powder foundations aren't for me because they emphasize my dry spots and imperfections. This powder was ok but it would fade and rub off easily so it was pointless. I have a long day that consists of a 9 hour work shift and a 5 hour college class schedule daily. I don't expect this markup to stay perfect all day because I have a long day but I expected alot more from it especially because of the price. The staying power wasn't great as the coverage was a little above average. Mr worth the money for me. ($20 full size jar)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel like I've wasted my money on this stuff. I've used drugstore mineral foundations that I like just as much. L'oreal makes a great mineral powder, and Maybelline is very good too. I wanted to treat myself to a nice makeup, but this foundation doesn't impress me much. Next time I'll save the extra bread.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Jhulagurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE FOUNDATION!!! I have smooth skin, but this settles into every pore and it makes your skin texture really ROUGH looking! If you have large pores it will magnify and highlight them. It has LIGHT coverage, so it basically gives no coverage at all. If you have combo/oily skin this doesn't stay matte for long. After an hour it was a greasy shiny mess. It also feels really heavy on the skin, which is super annoying to me. My favorite foundation Cover girl 3 in 1 doesn't feel like your wearing anything and it makes your skin look smooth and flawless. Bare minerals matte will not give you a flawless finish. Mineral foundation is so hyped, its just ground up pressed powder!! DON'T BUY THIS!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Goldensunset83

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I was at Sephora it looked good on me until a few days later. I noticed that it was very orangy, and it broke me out like CRAZY!! I usually just get a few breakouts but it was all over my cheeks under my eyes on my nose pretty much my whole face! I returned it a week later and the lady at Sephora said (since I am acne prone) that product contained mineral oil which can clog pores and cause breakouts. It looked pretty nice I guess but would probably not work for acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. Really just wow. I was once scared to try Bare Minerals because I thought it just wouldn't work, but truly it does. And I think I found my HG product. I bought this in the starter kit btw. Bare in mind I've only used it for a week though, but it has impressed me so much I just have to review it.
Few things I wanna say first:
-The matte one does not contain Bismuth, which is a possible skin irritant that the original formula contains.
-The Bare minerals brushes and primer truly work best with the product
-Less is definitely more

Ok, so I think the reason a lot of people don't like bare minerals is that they do not apply right. Always sprinkle just a tiny bit into the lid, and when you swirl, do it for at least 5-7 seconds, this will warm up the minerals and will result in smoother application. Yes, ALWAYS tap off the excess. If your applying this and you see minerals flying out of the brush, your using too much and may result in cakiness, it settling into fine lines, not lasting all day, etc. Now, buffing is truly important when applying this. You cannot swipe or pat this into the skin. Buffing will evenly spread the minerals around your face, make it last longer, look smoother,and result in more coverage. So if you need more coverage, just keep buffing and if you add more, do it in small amounts because less is more! And if you have any blemishes or trouble spots, takeing the maximum concealer brush and goinf over those areas by patting it in, it will work like concealee. Takeing the time to do the swirl, tap, and buff method may take a little longer then your average foundation, but it's worth it! Believe me. It looks so natural, it stays on my skin, and it does not break me out. The primer, mineral veil, and brushes I believe are important to use with it, so getting the starter kit is a good idea because it's like a 147 dollar value, and you get it for like 60 dollars. And they're haveing a sale right now and you can buy it for 49! So all in all, yes I do recommend trying this. Take time to learn how to apply it properly and it will look great and last all day. And one last thing, they come in three formulas, the matte, original, and ready. The matte is of course matte and oil controlling, original is more luminous, and ready is a natural, fuller coverage finish. I like the matte for my oily skin and also because it doesn't contain bismuth. Sorry for such a lengthy review, I'm just loveing this so much and think everyone should try this.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When the people at Bare Escentuals said this was a matte foundation they weren't lying. When I first applied this I was shocked...but In a good way. Before I get into all that let me tell you about my skin. I have an oily T-Zone with very pronounced pores under my eyes and all over my nose with my forehead only getting oily after eating greasy foods (I'm looking at you pizza). The only place I consistently breakout is near the apple of my cheeks though I do get the occasional blemish here and there. Along with the acne, I do have slightly large blackheads around my cheek area with miniscule ones on my nose. Now on with the review.

This and the Original formula are my first foundations that were recommended to me by a Sales Clerk at Ulta for my oily skin. After getting a 'makeover' I decided to buy a trial kit for $20 that comes with sample sizes of both foundations, the concealer, the Finishing Veil, and two mini brushes before dropping $27 for the full size. It has been a couple of days since then and I believe I have gathered enough data to give my opinion.

Pros:
-This foundation is truley matte. I am more into the normal/dewy skin look, but I was afraid that if I tried the dewy look I would end up looking like I was swimming in grease.
-This covers red spots really well. When I put this over my cheek area the redness ceased though not all of the blemishes were covered.
-I get no shine even after 8 hours!
-Very blendable! You just have to spend more than 30 seconds brushing it on.

Cons:
-The coverage is not as great as I would like it to be. This does not fully cover my pores, acne, or cheek area which is a mix of clogged pores and acne marks. However as read someone mention before me, It "..blurs imperfections...".
-If you are not careful this will look cakey around your nose and where you layer it.
-Speaking of layering, this gets darker and darker after each layer which you may need to do because the coverage isn't all that, so you may want to consider purchasing in a slightly lighter shade.
-The packaging helps some bit this product will go all over the place if you are not careful.

While the cons may outweigh the pros for you they really are very minor to me and I am really considering purchasing for full price!