October 24, 2014 | 1677 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Matte Foundation spf 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by SmileNowCriiL8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

So i bought this because I received a gift card to Sephora and have always wanted to try it.

It has a clever little package that has a twisty-motion top that keeps the product from getting all over the place during travel, so that's pretty sweet.

This has light to medium coverage. Its buildable. You have to apply one layer, wait a few minutes, and then apply the next. I use a kabuki brush from E.L.F. It actually gives a really natural finish and you don't sparkle like Edward Cullen as with most mineral foundations. It really is matte.

Make sure you get color matched for your shade and then check that color in sunlight. I have this in the Fairly Light shade.

Definitely wear a moisturizer under this or it will look horrible.

My skin is pretty sensitive to makeup and breaks out easily. This product never breaks me out so I would definitely repurchase.

Only bad thing is that It was about $30 or so, which I consider to be expensive.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by ashmaaa

This is the first foundation that actually feels like skin to me. Super light, breathable healthy everyday foundation. Fell in love from the first application. It costs $49 here in Singapore so i checked a lot of reviews on youtube before purchasing it and i must say 90% of the people using this were people with extremely good skin. You know the kind of people who dont even need makeup? Whereas i have terrible terrible acne scarring AND an ongoing acne party on my face all the time. Obviously i wasnt looking for coverage, i have other foundations for must-cover situations but for everyday its excellent because it just about covers my redness which is all i want for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Allymays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everyone's skin is different so if you want to buy this foundation you never know it could work for you. For me I just wanted to wear something lighter than my liquid foundation which is the Estée Lauder Dw btw great foundation! I actually put this mineral foundation on than a light powder of the mattify cosmetics ultra matte powder and it worked for me. People need to know it is just a mineral foundation and won't give you the best coverage so if u hate that it's not full coverage just stick to Liquid or cream foundations. And no foundation is going to control your oil 100% but just think the plus side if u have oily skin your skin will age better ;)

Overal I like it :) not love it but I like it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I had heard hype about this product forever and finally decides to give it a try. I have very oily skin and had heard it was a good product to use. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. My face got very oily and quickly. Even more so than with liquid foundation! Maybe my expectations were too high but I really don't see why people love this. Taking it back to Ulta tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Elena95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has been great for my acne prone skin. Before I used this product I was always wearing liquid foundations that made my skin feel very oily and made me have alot more breakouts. Now my face looks and feels alot better! The coverage is a bit light but I prefer it because it looks natural. The only problem is that when I try to get some extra coverage you can notice the powder on your face, but maybe I don't blend it enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by siruhi

I've got 2 mineral foundations from the different companies at the moment.Bare Minerals and Sweet Face Minerals. I sure notice the difference! Bare Minerals Matte is so satiny and velvety texture and it makes skin perfect. But damn,I got the wrong color,Light W15,which is definitely so warm shade it's not good for my ivory skin. I have to get the Fairly Light N10. I will purchase it soon,cause it is so fine result that BM Matte gives,no else foundation can do that.And I have tried lots and lots of different makeup foundations. I don't like that much of the click lock go system,because when you got some overleft product after applying,you cannot get it back there.Otherwise that is pretty good too. So I just LOVE this stuff,and the price isn't so bad I think.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went through one and a half pots of the Bare Minerals Matte Mineral Foundation because a. It looked most natural and uncakey as any other foundation I've tried (& I have tried A LOT) b. A little goes a long way - the pot lasts awhile! and c. I was not dealt a lucky hand when it came to skin - my face breaks out very easily and this never broke me out - I really could sleep in it and it improved my skin overtime. But dun dun dun here is the however...

However, I have VERY oily skin which was why I opted for the matte (and I'm also very fair so the original with the sparkles in it makes me look like a 12 yr old fairy) but even with the matte and a matte finishing veil I still got very shiny 2 hrs after applying. That being said, it also oxidizes and makes it much darker. I'm as fair as they make so even slight oxidation makes it obvious I'm wearing foundation. I told an Ulta girl about this and she said that's common with the Matte mineral powder and she's also heard it makes you itch in the summer...so she steered me to the bare minerals ready foundation. It's a new formula and she raved about it. She told me she was underwhelmed with the original formula but this one is the closet to real skin texture. She applied it in the store and it looked magnificent! EDIT: I'll be reviewing the Ready Foundation. NOT magnificent.

If you are not shine prone or very, very fair then matte bare minerals will more than likely look excellent on you but it wasn't for me. The product itself isn't bad, necessarily and I wouldnt mind blotting every now and then throughout the day but the oxidation really killed it for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone, dry skin. I planned on switching to powder foundation after vichy dermablend broke me out horribly.

I read that pressed powders are more likely to break you out due to the binders. I decided to go with bareminerals because it was less likely to break me out and was "buildable".

I didn't want the original because it was very shimmery, which I hate and the shimmer can break some people out.

I really think this is one of the most over rated products. In Canada, it cost $36 for 5 mg. Not worth it. You need to use so much to cover anything and its patchy, especially over concealer. It takes forever to build up. The product flies all over and you inhale it, which is not good.

Shades:
The lightest shade is too dark and pink in undertone for asian or pale skin. I have nc15-20 skin.

Pros: This did reduce the appearance of pores. It looked great on my nose, but that's it.

I'm returning it...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by wgillesp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this hoping that it would help with my acne and oil slick for a face, and it did the opposite. First, this product somehow made me more oily... It dried out my oily skin (which is REALLY a feat) and left me with dry, itchy, irritated red patches around my nose and on my cheeks, which subsequently made me MORE oily as my face tried to compensate for the sahara desert that had popped up after applying this. Additionally, it broke down really fast, especially on my chin, and left me with weird patchiness on my face. It also didn't cover very well unless I built it up a ton, which only worsened the dry/oily battle happening. Additionally, I hate the packaging. The black lid shows smudges really easily, and the powder makes that worse, and the whole "swirl-tap-buff" thing seems very wasteful and results in clouds of makeup dust all over everything, and I'm a bit OCD and therefore powder products like this just drive me crazy (can't do loose eyeshadow, what a nightmare) because they get stuck around the lip outside the canister and underneath the sifter cap in the foundation. DO NOT RECOMMEND AND WILL NEVER REPURCHASE! What a huge waste of money :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was pretty ok. I love that this brand has different undertone selections so that's great but I found myself not totally in love with the product like I thought I would be. Powder foundations aren't for me because they emphasize my dry spots and imperfections. This powder was ok but it would fade and rub off easily so it was pointless. I have a long day that consists of a 9 hour work shift and a 5 hour college class schedule daily. I don't expect this markup to stay perfect all day because I have a long day but I expected alot more from it especially because of the price. The staying power wasn't great as the coverage was a little above average. Mr worth the money for me. ($20 full size jar)