August 29, 2014 | 844 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Original

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Xusha2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! It makes my nail really really strong and they have stopped ripping and chipping. I also use this as a base coat for when I can't be bothered to go through the whole routine of adding a coat every other week.
I have heard it makes your nails yellow but I haven't had that yet, but I will add to this review if I do.
I listed it as not expensive because I know you can get it off places like Amazon and eBay for about £9 which is a great investment as it doubles as a base coat too.
It comes with a really nice wide brush which is super comfy to use and it dries within a minute or two, for me anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what gave me nails I'd never dreamt of having. I had bitten my nails for over 20 years and to be honest I didn't care what state they were in until my now husband proposed nearly 2 years ago. Then I panicked lol I decided to tune into an Opi show on qvcuk (never watched or ever been interested before) and this was billed as a nail life saver! So of course I ordered it along with the Avoplex oil for my ragged cuticles. I followed the instructions and battled through the urge to bite them and came out the other end a few weeks later with strong smooth healthy looking nails with no urge to bite at all, and massaging in cuticle oil day and night had rid the ragged bits I actually became really proud of them and started investing in opi lacquers which I love! They are lovely nd long now and I haven clip and file them down now. If you can get one please get the Leighton Denny crystal nail file it keeps the edges smooth and water tight I wouldn't use anything else. And please get nail envy mine were in a bad way wish I had a pic of them before. Highly highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by apaolone04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just purchased this product a week ago and I'm so happy i got it I'm in love! Before using opi nail envy i used Orly strengthening and repairing something like that and it seriously did nothing.. So i read alot of reviews about this and it seemed good but also kinda expensive so i got it off Amazon for $5 which is an awesome deal. I've used it 3 times already (I'm an excessive nail painter) and my nails are really strong I'm impressed, before my nails used to bend alot ..if you know what i mean? And I've been trying to grow them out but it was impossible because they kept breaking, now omg i can push down in my nail and it won't even bend, underneath my nail will hurt because it won't budge haha. But i definitely recommend this to anyone who wants stronger nails and especially to anyone who wants to grow their nails out and is having difficulty

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

for what it's worth, this works. my nails have never been this long for this long, weeks of strength. i am impressed! will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by suzyjessy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have mixed feeling about this….
PROs
-Does what it says, strengthens nails after several days/weeks of using
-Used as a base and top coat it makes your manicure last (if let dried properly)
-Leaves a shiny (not glossy) finish

CONs
-Takes LONG to dry
-Used as a base makes some polishes streak on first application
-If used on top of nail art it streaks it REALLY BAD. (I only use on top of solid color)

I do and will repurchase this product because it is good, but unfortunately I have to be careful on how and when I use it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sjpetersen1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product did not work for me. I have thin peeling nails that rip (not break) very easily and this product did not make much of a difference. Maybe slight. I tired nailtique formula II after and I'm already seeing a difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My nails have always been quite brittle due to a profound lack of dairy consumption. I'm also very rough with my hands at work so my nails tend to break and chip a lot. I maintain them by keeping them cut short but when I started wearing polish regularly, I decided that I needed to look after my nails a bit more and picked up Nail Envy online to give it a try. I haven't used this long enough yet to see any visible differences in the health and strength of my nails, but I have to say it's the best base and top coat ever! My polish stays pretty and unchipped for a good many days longer and the colour just shines through!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

Ok, so this is über expensive, at like £18.95 or something from Boots! Anyhow, I took the plunge as I gave my Essie strengthener to my mum! I'm happy with this. Two coats applied at first, then another coat every other day. My nails were a mess after using nail polish every day etc. peeling and breaking nails meant I had to trim my nails down to short length and invest in a decent nail strengthner. This makes my nails look instantly healthy wi a nice gloss, no colour, and from what I see it doesn't flake or chip. My nails, after just a few days (!!!) feel stronger and look a little longer and better for it!

Yes I will repurchase when I run out as I love nail polish and know over use can damage nails, as I've seen it happen to my own lol!

This really helps nails, and if you are an avid nail polish user, I can guarantee this is one investment you should make!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have weak nails. I thought it was the nail biting but once I stopped biting my nails I realized they were still peeling and bending ect.. I came upon this little gem because I was looking up strengthening base coats.
So I decided that I had to try it so I bought a small size online. I loved it, so after reading all the reviews I went to my local ulta and I was flabbergasted to see that it was almost 17 dollars.. Yikes. So I went to my favorite place ebay and found it for $9 including shipping. I got it in less than 4 days. I love it. I use it as a base and topcoat sometimes when I'm not using my quick dry topcoat. I've been telling everyone about this. Amazing. To save on the price order it online.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Tardigrade

I have dry, peeling fingernails and toenails. My doctor recommended I get a nail strengthening treatment. She actually recommended Nailtiques, but I couldn't find it and was impatient, so I purchased this instead. It might work fine as a basecoat, but when used along it makes nails look yellow (yuck). I do not plan on purchasing again.

Pros
- strengthen nails (prevents peeling)
- dries quickly
- prevents staining from dark polish when used as a basecoat

Cons
- gives nails a yellow cast, especially with multiple coats
- when removed, nails appear dry underneath