July 28, 2014 | 2136 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Super Stay Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the foundation I always go back to. It covers beautifully, lasts all day, does not break me out, and does not make my pores look huge (looking at you, Dream Smooth Mousse). My main problem is I have dry skin, and this stuff does NOT accentuate any dryness. The texture is a bit thick, but you only need a small amount. Once blended, it feels very nice. I'd say it sets to a satin finish. I like my t-zone to be matte so I use a powder afterwards.

I'd say the only con is the bottle packaging. If it had a pump, it would be perfect. After some time, some foundation builds up inside the cap and it's really gunky and gross. But that is my own fault--I should swipe the bottle clean after each use.

The color selection has its faults, too. I currently use the second shade (Sand Beige) but it's the tiniest bit dark for me. When I run out (which will be soon), I will get Porcelain Ivory.

All in all, this stuff still gets 5 stars. It makes me look absolutely flawless. I would really recommend this for dry-skinned ladies who still want a long-lasting foundation.

UPDATE: Been using Porcelain Ivory and it is a perfect color match. I was worried it'd be too pink but it doesn't show up as pink on my face. HG.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

At first, I thought this product was awesome. But as I worked through the bottle, my skin became worse and worse. I have very dry, sensitive skin that RARELY ever breaks out with a single pimple. Within two weeks, my skin became bumpy looking and I kept getting pimples. My skin started looking terrible.
The foundation also kept oxidizing and would wear off within 6 hours, so touch ups were necessary. The first applications went well but as I used more and more, that makeup became weirder. It would oxidize fast and would wear off fast. I am not sure why, I thought maybe the ingredients separating but I always shake bottles before use. I have gone back to a non-long wearing foundation that offers skin repair benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Cocoa28

This product is good. It gives you a full coverage but it can leave your face looking really oily without applying a powder. I also wish they had more color options because I have to mix a cappuccino and cocoa to get my correct complexion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Taraelizabeth6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

** EDIT: This stuff is IMPOSSIBLE to get off at night! Make sure you wash your face very well and use makeup remover!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall,

pros
- oil free
- non comodogenic
- lasts almost 10 hours on oily skin with no problem
- no pump on the bottle
- runs out quickly

cons
- rubs off very easily
- hard to remove
- oxidizes on my skin
- you cant tell how much is left in the bottle

Its my everyday foundation until I find my HG! As far as I know this foundation has not broken me out & I'm on my 5th bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Clarissa101

I hate long reviews so I'm just gonna get to the point. Ran out of my pro long wear and needed a cheap alternative. I was going to get Revlon Color Stay. But they didn't have my shade. I seen my fav guru always talking about this product! Saamage. So I wanted to try out this foundation, it was 11$(I live in Canada). I am caramel skin tone.. Darker then a lightskin and lighter then a brown skin.. I'm a NC45 in Mac but that is a bit too light for me. So anyways, the foundation is very THICK! Took forever to come out.. I use a sigma f80 to apply it... It goes on well! Easy to apply for me but dries very quick.. Didn't feel heavy on my skin at all.. Coverage isn't full.. I think it has potential to be build able tho. It was more medium. Overall I will use this for a everyday school foundation.. It's light and I don't need heavy coverage for school. Does not STAY ON FOR LONG! I came home and was not surprised with the results like other drugstore foundations in the past...I would say about 4-5 hours. Then again I didn't set it with powder but the foundation shouldn't claim to stay forever if it doesn't! Meh I'm not crazy over this foundation... It's ur average drug store foundation with good color selection but I don't think lives up to all the hype...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by livinggreality

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

ugh. just UGH.
this foundation was a cakey MESS, no matter what I applied underneath, I found this product super hard to blend and it just enlarged every pore of mine and settled into fine lines I didn't even know I had! (I'm still in my teenage years, that should be enough to say that I don't even have many lines to begin with)
I usually love my full coverage foundations because my skin right now is crazy hormonal, I have acne+acne scars and although this did do a good job of covering it up if you were to come up close to me you would see how chalky and unnatural this made my skin look.
I've been told that I look like I'm literally wearing a mask, and I always make sure to blend down my jaw line & neck. plus this foundation was a good match to begin with (NC30 I chose out Classic Beige) it just sat on my skin. not even Mac fix+ helped.
super disappointed.
OH and did I mention it transferred everywhere? even when I set it with a powder, it got on my clothes, my phone, my hands, anything I put my face too. and it was virtually gone within 6 hours. **AHEM superstay? ya right!
huge MISS maybelline.
will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Huges

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolute rubbish did not stay on my face five minutes never mind 24hours where I are the trade descriptions I only bought this product because it said it stayed put very disappointed that's my make up budget blown for the next three months thanks maybelline :((

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by blackpoppy26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I LOVED THIS PRODUCT...The coverage is fabulous if you want to cover acne, redness, scarring, marks etc. HOWEVER...10 mins after i applied the foundation it looked flaky around my nose and pores...after about 3 hrs it literally slid down my face and makes my oily skin look worse and the the worst thing of all is the colour. I got the palest one, porcelin ivory and it was pink on my face at first and then gradullay turn ORANGE!!!!! I looked like i had gotten a cheap, dodgy tan only on my face..so, slippery, orange and cakey..not great. Covers all my imperfections but highlights my oil skin.. If you are someone with darker skin, and not oily then this foundation might work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just average for me.
Thick which may be good for heavier coverage. I prefer to mix it with a touch of moisturizer if I'm going to wear it.
It makes me break out and I don't wear it during the day time (if I do decide to wear it) because there isn't a shade that matches me perfectly.
I like it best as an eye shadow primer actually lol. Nice smooth base!
Not the foundation for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by dora777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin all over except for my forehead which is usually oily, I break out really easily with anything so this foundation was the only one that actually wasnt AS bad, the coverage isn't great, you can see through the foundation in about an hour or two and it does start to look "sweaty" real fast as well, rubs off really easily so make sure you don't hug someone with light colored clothing cause I've had so many embaressing incidents like that. The price I pay is usually around $15 canadian at walmart. I have repurchased a few times now because it's not that horrible but it didn't stop me break out either.
Overall a 6-7/10.